•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie PLUS Desert Drive - "Middle-Earth": Solar Park to Faqa - Dubai - 09 Oct 2020

Ale Vallecchi

Hi Ale 

Looks like Aviation is picking up a bit because I got called for work tomorrow unfortunately and only coming back Friday night 

So sorry I had to cancel again 

My apologies for it but I hope someone can take my spot 

Have fun everyone! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tamas Hoffmann said:

Hi Ale 

Looks like Aviation is picking up a bit because I got called for work tomorrow unfortunately and only coming back Friday night 

So sorry I had to cancel again 

My apologies for it but I hope someone can take my spot 

Have fun everyone! 

Hi @Tamas Hoffmann. Understood. See you next time. Have a good flight. 

2 hours ago, David Ortells said:

Hello Ale

once again I couldn’t catch the plane back today thanks to Spanish bureaucracy, so please give my slot to the next on the list!!😟

Have a great drive!!!

Hi @David Ortells. Sorry to hear that. Hope to see you next time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Carnity explorers.

Let's get in the "Middle-Earth" frame of mind by giving out the convoy order.

@Tbone will start as my Second Lead

@Islam Soliman will occupy his (by now) usual place #3

@Rajeevan Vickneswaran will follow at #4

@Nabil Bishara is going to take position #5

@Heisem will drive in #6

@Janarthan will anchor the convoy at Center Forward

@Ilya Golubinsky will follow him at #8

@Biju Abdul will line up at #9

@Jeandre Bezuidenhout with jersey #10

@Gregory Perkin will be starting at #11

@marks will be responsible for closing the convoy's lineup.

As mentioned in the drive's preview, we will be facing a variety of terrains. After an initial approach from a sand track, we will enter in this little visited area between South Qudra/Solar Park and Faqa. This area contains sabkhas, technical dunes, as well as longer range, but taller and sometimes tight dunes, which form canyons and bowls, that will test the Fewbie Plus skills. We will be driving mostly to the East: the good thing is that reading the dunes will be easier, as the sun's reflection, that "whites out" depths and perspective, will be mostly at our back, but, at times, the sun may be kissing our faces 😅. Eventually, we'll double back toward the West, until we'll find the exit track toward Solar Park, where our drive will end.

Upon reaching the meeting and deflation point, please tune into Carnity Channel 2 (446.031).

Please keep in mind that the meeting point is along the dirt road, just past the Solar Innovation Center (the "crystal pyramid"), going further in toward the West.

Enjoy the end of the week, and see you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 4

Hi @Ale Vallecchi I am sorry to let you know that I won’t be able to make it for our drive tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice. 

while I miss this exciting drive, I am sure making some one happy at the waiting list. 

see you soon. Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Biju Abdul said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi I am sorry to let you know that I won’t be able to make it for our drive tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice. 

while I miss this exciting drive, I am sure making some one happy at the waiting list. 

see you soon. Thanks. 

No worries @Biju Abdul. See you next time soon 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Carnity explorers.

Let's get in the "Middle-Earth" frame of mind by giving out the convoy order.

@Tbone will start as my Second Lead

@Islam Soliman will occupy his (by now) usual place #3

@Rajeevan Vickneswaran will follow at #4

@Nabil Bishara is going to take position #5

@Heisem will drive in #6

@Janarthan will anchor the convoy at Center Forward

@Ilya Golubinsky will follow him at #8

@Biju Abdul will line up at #9

@Jeandre Bezuidenhout with jersey #10

@Gregory Perkin will be starting at #11

@marks will be responsible for closing the convoy's lineup.

As mentioned in the drive's preview, we will be facing a variety of terrains. After an initial approach from a sand track, we will enter in this little visited area between South Qudra/Solar Park and Faqa. This area contains sabkhas, technical dunes, as well as longer range, but taller and sometimes tight dunes, which form canyons and bowls, that will test the Fewbie Plus skills. We will be driving mostly to the East: the good thing is that reading the dunes will be easier, as the sun's reflection, that "whites out" depths and perspective, will be mostly at our back, but, at times, the sun may be kissing our faces 😅. Eventually, we'll double back toward the West, until we'll find the exit track toward Solar Park, where our drive will end.

Upon reaching the meeting and deflation point, please tune into Carnity Channel 2 (446.031).

Please keep in mind that the meeting point is along the dirt road, just past the Solar Innovation Center (the "crystal pyramid"), going further in toward the West.

Enjoy the end of the week, and see you tomorrow.

@Ale Vallecchi help.. I have refusal .. tried 4low and difflock.. looks like am stuck in position 3 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

Thanks a lot for a fantastic drive @Ale Vallecchi .. every drive with you is different.. always learning something new . Great job @Tbone leading the second part through a very interesting soft-sand bowls.. was lots of fun

enjoy your weekend everyone and see you all soon on the sand

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use