•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 16 Oct 2020

Vanessa8580

updated convoy numbering

Attendees Level Car Radio Pos #
Vanessa8580 Advance Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Blue Y 1
Nacho Fewbie Jeep Wrangler Unlimited White Y 2
Sinol Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB White Y 3
Tero Vallas Fewbie Toyota Landcruiser Prado Brown Y 4
Topgear Fewbie Toyota FJ Cruiser Y 5
Jose Martin Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Y 6
Desertdweller Advance Nissan Xterra Black Y 7
Mukundan Nair Fewbie Nissan Xterra White Y 8
Shaaz Sha Fewbie Jeep Wrangler  Y 9
Pancho Fewbie Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 10
Ilya Golubinsky Fewbie Jeep Wrangler Y 11
Srikumar Crew Jeep Cherokee XJ Green Y 12
  • Like (+1) 6

On 10/15/2020 at 6:51 PM, Vanessa8580 said:
Evening Fewbie Drive Al Qudra Oct 16
Attendees Level Car Radio Pos #
Vanessa8580 Advance Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Blue Y 1
Veedooshee Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB White Y 2
Sinol Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB White Y 3
Tero Vallas Fewbie Toyota Landcruiser Prado Brown Y 4
Topgear Fewbie Toyota FJ Cruiser Y 5
Jose Martin Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Y 6
Desertdweller Advance Nissan Xterra Black Y 7
jodha singh shekhawat Fewbie Nissan Xterra White Y 8
Mukundan Nair Fewbie Nissan Xterra White Y 9
Nacho Fewbie Jeep Wrangler Unlimited White Y 10
Pancho Fewbie Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 11
Ilya Golubinsky Fewbie Jeep Wrangler Y 12
Srikumar Crew Jeep Cherokee XJ Green Y 13

Ooops, hey @Vanessa8580, I just saw that I was in the convoy numbering whilst I had already left the drive around midday on Thursday...

• Like (+1) 1

@Veedooshee we close the RSVP convoys at 9am and then we try to put in people from waitlist to the drives. A heads up from you that you left the drive would have been useful ....

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you @Vanessa8580 for a lovely evening. From my perspective, I would split the drive in two parts. The first part where you set a pretty brisk pace with plenty of side slopping and dunes crossing. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it also gave me the chance to test my new gear to the limit. 😄 

The second part was what I would like to call a recovery drive which brought out everyone's thinking caps and ofcourse shovels, ropes, jacks, etc. Though it did seem like a troubled recovery, the friendly banter and team effort set the right atmosphere for the next couple of hours. Fantastic effort by those who were actively involved as well as those who very patiently waited and enjoyed the sunset besides their cars. 

While everyone did an amazing contribution a special mention has to be made to @Pancho @Desert Dweller @Foxtrot Oscar @Nacho and ofcourse you @Vanessa8580 for keeping calm and accessing the problem one step at a time. Offroading is not just about driving, but about overcoming challenges and those couple of hours brought the best out of the entire team.

Kudos to everyone. See you all next week. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

This was my absolute fewbie drive. I was nervous initially especially when I have not been driving in the desert for 6 weeks. I also made an error with my deflation and was slightly slow to be ready. However, once the convoy started rolling, I really enjoyed the route, scene, pace and terrain. I had some refusals and thanks to @Desert Dweller for the clear and precise instructions on what to do. Apologies for not acknowledging  to all of them because I was too busy and nervous fighting the car 😅

Also thanks to @Tero Vallas for radioing me to stop and I am the first car who missed the tricky soft bowl area. 

Thanks @Vanessa8580 and @Srikumar for the drive and recovery efforts. The recovery segment of the drive was part of the overall experience and I’m sure everyone came out of it stronger. Special thanks to those who did all the hard work with shoveling and recovery efforts. My son was nervous to be out of the car because of the strong wind as it had blown off his face mask. 
We had a great evening because my son took a nap in the car and we grabbed McDonald's on the way home 😆

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 10/17/2020 at 11:36 AM, Vanessa8580 said:

@Veedooshee we close the RSVP convoys at 9am and then we try to put in people from waitlist to the drives. A heads up from you that you left the drive would have been useful ....

My apologies for this @Vanessa8580, I indeed forgot to post a msg..😔

Important Information

Terms of use