•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert drive - Al Qudra South - 16 Oct 2020

Brette

Thank you @Brette,  @Frederic @Dagdag Sofiane and everyone for great drive. We had fun. 
I wouldn’t know it was your first lead @Brette until @Frederic mentioned it at the end so well done and once again thank you for helping us progress. Have good weekend everybody.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Drive Report:

With the weather cooling down it was a chilly morning at 15 degrees. Everyone was at the deflation point on time, deflated and ready to go.

Entering from Qudra south was a bit tricky with the technical dunes and having a few heavy weights ( Sequndra, F150, Y62 and JGC ) in the convoy, I decided to not to try going over them but instead found a path through them to avoid any stucks right at the start. Once we crossed the subkha, we had a mix of technical and a few long range dunes where we picked up the pace a bit seeing that everyone was doing quite well and for a while the entire convoy was moving at close to 45kmph. Having covered about 35 KM by 9.30, I was contemplating exiting close the last exit as we were quite close or whether to go through to solar park. A quick word with @Frederic who confirmed that everyone was doing well and we should be able to make it to solar park led to us changing direction and heading ito solar park and we were there at around 10.05.

Besides for a few refusals and a couple of stucks, everyone did very well and we covered close to 45 KM.

Drive support team.

@Ashy, thank you for being the perfect second lead, @Kailasthank you for the help on the recoveries and being a brilliant center forward , last but not least thank you @Frederic for keeping the convoy moving and for overlooking the stucks and recoveries.

@Ashy @VipinShetty @tcarrimjee @Anand Nataraj @Abu Muhammad @Kailas @Dagdag Sofiane @Franco Swart @Francois Germishuys @Alexander Alcala  @Fredericwell done guys.

Being my very first lead, I was a bit nervous to start with but soon realized this was an excellent convoy and each one of you did really well and that kinda eased my nerves. Having @Frederic in sweep was also an advantage as we were literally playing in his back yard. 

Again, well done all and see you'll in the sand soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

1 minute ago, Brette said:

Drive Report:

With the weather cooling down it was a chilly morning at 15 degrees. Everyone was at the deflation point on time, deflated and ready to go.

Entering from Qudra south was a bit tricky with the technical dunes and having a few heavy weights ( Sequndra, F150, Y62 and JGC ) in the convoy, I decided to not to try going over them but instead found a path through them to avoid any stucks right at the start. Once we crossed the subkha, we had a mix of technical and a few long range dunes where we picked up the pace a bit seeing that everyone was doing quite well and for a while the entire convoy was moving at close to 45kmph. Having covered about 35 KM by 9.30, I was contemplating exiting close the last exit as we were quite close or whether to go through to solar park. A quick word with @Frederic who confirmed that everyone was doing well and we should be able to make it to solar park led to us changing direction and heading ito solar park and we were there at around 10.05.

Besides for a few refusals and a couple of stucks, everyone did very well and we covered close to 45 KM.

Drive support team.

@Ashy, thank you for being the perfect second lead, @Kailasthank you for the help on the recoveries and being a brilliant center forward , last but not least thank you @Frederic for keeping the convoy moving and for overlooking the stucks and recoveries.

@Ashy @VipinShetty @tcarrimjee @Anand Nataraj @Abu Muhammad @Kailas @Dagdag Sofiane @Franco Swart @Francois Germishuys @Alexander Alcala  @Fredericwell done guys.

Being my very first lead, I was a bit nervous to start with but soon realized this was an excellent convoy and each one of you did really well and that kinda eased my nerves. Having @Frederic in sweep was also an advantage as we were literally playing in his back yard. 

Again, well done all and see you'll in the sand soon.

great drive brette... didnt realize the trickiness untill i saw some deformation on the rear bumper :) i will trim the bumper for our next drive. 

well done!

thanks @Kailas for the recoveries.

Thanks @Frederic for the support during the drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

@Brette you have taken us on an absolute perfect drive where we were given a nice mix of long range dunes and some technical areas. That mix is essential for Fewbie level drives and gives a lot of opportunities to learn. As i have seen on my other drives as well, the teamwork was amazing and this makes it all worth it. 

Keep it up 👍!!

• Like (+1) 8

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you @Brette for the drive.  It was a great morning, really fun.  For me, being behind @Francois Germishuysand his F150 was super fun.  He was stirring and making the sand loose for me to play with my Chilean Jeep.  Great group also, looking forward for the next raid.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks @Brette for exciting drive, this is the first time I drove through a lot of technical dunes which gave good workout for my shoulders 😂... first time the convoy was lead by not 1 but 3 JGC😉

As @Frederic mention it was a perfect mix and awestruck seeing his Pajero pulling the mighty Patrol out😱 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Ashy said:

first time the convoy was lead by not 1 but 3 JGC😉

I have always believed in JGC indeed it’s a powerful beast on and off road however it needs some one to understand its behavior . I really admire @Brette for that and could eventually make his ship to sail without a sail.

• Like (+1) 4

• 4 weeks later...

@Abu Muhammad Hello Abu! Could you pls text me in whatsapp on 971 55 336 5918? I have a small question about your Sequoia.

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use