•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive Skydive to Margham - Dubai - 17 Oct 2020

Chaitanya D

Best of luck dear @Chaitanya D bet you will do best , can’t wait to join one of your drives soon 👍🚙✌️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Chaitanya I want to cancel this drive bicoz  my car the engine light and beep sound started, so please give my spot to other member.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear friends 

@Desert Dweller , @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, @Craig Finlayson, @Mukundan Nair, @Pancho, @Islam Soliman, @Ilya Golubinsky, @Christian Andras, @Jeepie and @Frederic.

Below is the convoy numbering for tomorrow's drive . Please arrive on time or a few minutes earlier to deflate and flag up. Remember and follow COVID precautions all the time.Since it is a fewbie + drive , we will have a super quick breifing and drive as soon as we can.@Pancho is our center forward,  he will be doing most of the recovery and tugs ( of course when needed). Other seniors @Desert Dweller, @Jeepieand @Frederic will chip in when needed .All remaining friends are please requested to be inside their cars for the drive. 

We will use Chanel 4 for radio communication. 

20201016_072739.jpg.c73b649de2c5a6df0343bc175865f213.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, jodha singh shekhawat said:

@Chaitanya I want to cancel this drive bicoz  my car the engine light and beep sound started, so please give my spot to other member.

Thanks @jodha singh shekhawat. I hope your car is sorted soon. Best wishes 

41 minutes ago, Christian Andras said:

Thanks! Looking forward to playing like a maniac at the back, knowing I have such experts behind me,  scooping me up If needed😂😂

And yes, it is a FJC, but I wouldn’t call it golden...😜

19A15176-78CD-4D8C-9AAC-7BDCB77800AF.jpeg

@Christian AndrasThanks for the color clarification.  Yes you have a fantastic car to enjoy at the back. 

• Like (+1) 3

What a great ride @Chaitanya D.. if I didn’t know already this was you first independent lead  I would’ve  never believed you.. you were born to lead offroad rides buddy or as @Frederic said you were one in a previous life.. very well done ..

Leading a convoy in such an area with this rapid pace that didn’t slow down except in the tech areas driving overall around 54km is not an easy lead.. 👏 

thanks @Chaitanya D @Jeepie @Wrangeld (who was allowed to drive his own car for a tiny bit ;)) and @Frederic who will get his flying license soon ;) ..

great drive everyone, can’t wait for our next !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Trip Report: Fast paced drive where we drove for the most of time!

Dear Friends,

Thank you for showing up on time and joining this drive. After deflating we started driving with a super quick brief considering it was a fewbie plus drive, and I am sure you all were well aware of everything- gears,driving,4H/4L, maintaining distance , momentum and overall COVID precautions. 

@Desert Dweller did awesome 2nd lead, maintaining a longer distance than the regular 2nd lead which was considering I was a first time lead. But she was excellent in rerouting and guiding the whole convoy when I made some mistakes. Self recovering from the side slope refusal was fantastic. Thank you and Well driven.

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe with his new drive - manual wrangler SWB hardly was heard on the radio. This goes to show how well he was driving needing minimal assistance even when we picked up pace and did some tricky areas. Well done!

@Craig Finlayson with the black wrangler LWB managed the longer version with great control. Quite impressed to see you riding the ridge and crossing the crest with precise control, even though they were small. Awesome !

@Mukundan Nair had to opt out of joining as he was sick. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

@Pancho was our center forward with his red wrangler SWB, supposed to do a lot of shovelings and tugging, which was not needed considering how well everyone in the convoy drove. You have shown tremendous progress and teamspirit , along with a witty character which is great to have on drives. Thank you!

@Islam Soliman I specifically kept you at the back knowing how well you drive the massive V8 GMC. The way you were riding this tank was a joy to watch and I am sure it was the same joy for you sitting behind the steering wheel and enjoying the dunes.

@Ilya Golubinsky with his white wrangler LWB, hardly heard on the radio, which goes to show how well you drove. Superb control riding and crossing the ridges , well done buddy!

@Christian Andras with the Blue FJC, I stand corrected. You have an amazing car to play around perfectly in such kind of areas and of course you did , I hope you enjoyed the drive as much as seeing the gazelles frequently. I wonder some of which were actually coming along with us .Well done !

@Jeepie ( with @Wrangeld) s reassuring presence at the back as sweep made me feel at ease considering they know this part of the desert well and I could go back to them in case if I was struggling to find a way out. Thank you for joining the drive.

@Frederic  - It was great to see you enjoy the dunes as flying sweep. Thanks indeed with helping in some refusals at the back, and chipping in with your advise while we were stopping for a break.

Some stats from the drive :

Total time driven - 3 hr 35 min

Moving time - 3hr 11 min

Avereage moving speed - 17.5 kmph

Total distance covered - 56 km with max speed of 52.7 kmph. Which is amazing considering that we did very few flat areas and sabkhas. Most of our driving was on sand and dunes.

All in all it was a good day of driving, memorable start for me with  a great convoy every one of whom drove really well. As Fred was mentioning towards the end many of you are encouraged to apply for the next level if you have completed the required number of drives and have the necessary gear/tools.

See you all soon next weekend!

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 6

4 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Trip Report: Fast paced drive where we drove for the most of time!

Dear Friends,

Thank you for showing up on time and joining this drive. After deflating we started driving with a super quick brief considering it was a fewbie plus drive, and I am sure you all were well aware of everything- gears,driving,4H/4L, maintaining distance , momentum and overall COVID precautions. 

@Desert Dweller was a awesome 2nd lead, maintaining a longer distance than the regular 2nd lead which was considering I was a first time lead. But she was excellent in rerouting and guiding the whole convoy when I made some mistakes. Self recovering from the side slope refusal was fantastic. Thank you and Well driven.

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe with his new drive - manual wrangler SWB hardly was heard on the radio. This goes to show how well he was driving needing minimal assistance even when we picked up pace and did some tricky areas. Well done!

@Craig Finlayson with the black wrangler LWB managed the longer version with great control. Quite impressed to see you riding the ridge and crossing the crest with precise control, even though they were small. Awesome !

@Mukundan Nair had to opt out of joining as he was sick. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

@Pancho was out center forward with his red wrangler SWB, supposed to do a lot of shovelings and tugging, which was not needed considering how well everyone in the convoy drove. You have shown tremendous progress and teamspirit , along with a witty character which is great to have on drives. Thank you!

@Islam Soliman I specifically kept you at the back knowing how well you drive the massive V8 GMC. The way you were riding this tank was a joy to watch and I am sure it was the same joy for you sitting behind and enjoying the dunes.

@Ilya Golubinsky with his white wrangler LWB, hardly heard on the radio, which goes to show how well you drove. Superb control riding and crossing the ridges , well done buddy!

@Christian Andras with the Blue FJC, I stand corrected. You have an amazing car to play around perfectly in such kind of areas and of course you did , I hope you enjoyed the drive as much as seeing the gazelles frequently. I wonder some of which were actually coming along with us .Well done !

@Jeepie ( with @Wrangeld) s reassuring presence at the back as sweep made me feel at ease considering they know this part of the desert well and I could go back to them in case if I was struggling to find a way out. Thank you for joining the drive.

@Frederic  - It was great to see you enjoy the dunes as flying sweep. Thanks indeed with helping in some refusals at the back, and chipping in with your advise while we were stopping for a break.

Some stats from the drive :

Total time driven - 3 hr 35 min

Moving time - 3hr 11 min

Avereage moving speed - 17.5 kmph

Total distance covered - 56 km with max speed of 52.7 kmph. Which is amazing considering that we did very few flat areas and sabkhas. Most of our driving was on sand and dunes.

All in all it was a good day of driving, memorable start for me with  a great convoy every one of whom drove really well. As Fred was mentioning towards the end many of you are encouraged to apply for the next level if you have completed the required number of drives and have the necessary gear/tools.

See you all soon next weekend!

Congrats with your first official lead Chaitanya ! I had a blast thanks to your amazing lead and fantastic team that looked after each other.

Your presence on so many drives this year has paid off. You were able to hone your skills and I am really looking for many more drives together !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hats off @Chaitanya D a brilliant addition to the leaders in the club, evidenced by meticulous planning and execution on this drive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use