•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Khatim - Abu Dhabi - 16 Oct 2020

Gaurav

Hey guys I drive a landrover discovery sport 2018 model. I' did do one drive with a friend in liwa desert area last year and regarding the the tow hooks the car has one in front and one of those screw in hooks at the back of the vechile. The vechile ground clearance is about 8.5inches. Hope this will suffice. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Gaurav I am driving a MG RX8. . Measured it today the front and rear ground clearance is over 8 inches and I have front and rear tow hooks. Already have a tyre deflator and gauge. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Rahimdad my garage guy has no experience in doing such a task. One shouldn’t reinvent the wheel. The community members have gone through this work and I understand it’s always better to get the work done with trusted partner. Nevertheless your point is noted. I will look out for it myself! Thanks!!! 

@Gaurav car check! Gear check! Radio check! Covid test check! All set to join tomorrow for the drive!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Please find your convoy positions for tomorrow drive

1. Gaurav                         Silver Pajero

2. GauravSoni                  Grey 3.8 Pajero
  3. Magdy Zahran              White 3.5 Pajero

4. Nazier Isaacs                2018 Discovery Sport  

5. mikaeel shaik                MG RX8

6. Srijith Gangadharan      Pajero

7. Xavier Treasurer          Blue Xterra 

@Xavier Treasurer @Magdy Zahran @Nazier Isaacs @mikaeel shaik @Srijith Gangadharan @GauravSoni 

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS

Some important pointers:

1) Please watch the Newbie Video Briefing in case you have not done it before.

2) Please go through the COVID regulations and abide by them during the drive.

3) Please bring a tyre deflator and pressure gauge. If you have more offroad gears you are welcome to bring them.

4) Please be on time or a bit before time so we can assist you in deflating the tyres where needed.

5) Make sure your front and back towpoints are in perfect condition. We will need them to recover you safely.

In case of any emergency, you can contact me on 050 5258706.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

9 minutes ago, Srijith Gangadharan said:

I need help to set up frequency in my crony DT 8188 radio. Tried my level best to configure but failed. Seems to be very tough to learn.

If you struggle with programming the channels, you can write them down and just type in the frequency which will be used on the keypad:

Channel 1: 446.00625 Mhz

Channel 2: 446.03125 Mhz

Channel 3: 446.05625 Mhz

Channel 4: 446.08125 Mhz

Channel 5: 462.88750 Mhz

If your radio does not accept these frequencies, have a look at the STEP frequency setting that should be set to 6.25 KHz. 
The Crony you mentioned is a very good professional model but not that very often used in off-road clubs.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

TRIP REPORT

Finally after a long break I could able to enjoy Abu Dhabi terrain with some awesome dunes and great company today morning. 

It's always amazing to see so many new faces and beautiful cars ready to taste the sand for the first time, make me truly excited and honored. Almost everyone was on or before time, thank you very much for that as it helps to get started with right mood.

It was nice cold in the morning that whole drive I enjoyed without AC and breeze was very pleasant even when we ended up the drive. Although it was a mix drive of newbie and absolute newbie, we barely had two stucks (learning moment) with couple of refusals. I also had a chance to explore Khatim area with a guidance of @Asif Hussain perfect route planning and preparation. We still need to explore Khatim more as I see huge potential from today's drive. 

For Carnity newbie level drives, you don't need any mods instead use these 5 or maybe more newbie drives to learn the art of off-roading to correct your lines (MOST IMPORTANT), techniques and vehicle handling. Learning the skills is very important, as there is no replacement of off-road skills and once you start developing yourself you will realize thatwith stock cars you can do wonders. Most of the seniors here driving stock 4x4 for a reason as they are far more reliable than highly modified rigs, that need every week mechanic attention.

@GauravSoni thanks for your wonderful second lead and following all the instructions with utmost attention, except the excessive honking (lol) (love to tease) at times. Once you have few drives experience, you will develop faster steering control and start anticipating moves ahead of time. So far you are doing good and keep learning.

@Magdy Zahran it was nice meeting you with a good off-road spirit. Please watch the video briefing completely without any distractions. As you keep joining and building on your offroad skills you will understand and appreciate the off-road structure for your safety. Please do get the hitch receiver before your next drive and configure your radio with all Carnity frequencies.

@Nazier Isaacs your spirit with Land Rover Discovery was truly amazing and I was impressed with your fair control and caution to keep the bumper trim intact during the whole drive. It was my main concern in the morning but when I checked in mid-drive I realize that discovery is indeed in sensible hands and will surely survive the day. For the next drive, remove the bumper lower trim as eventually it will break as we do need minimum 8 Inches of ground clearance, more the better.

Ground clearance is 8.3 inches, and the front bumper's lower trim is removable.

@mikaeel shaik thanks for showing us new 4x4 - MG RX8 that seem to be well designed for off-road drives and did fairly well today. Keep trying through newbie drives with caution because being a new vehicle in market, nobody has any experience or reference to make or compare to guide you. Ask MG if they have slightly thicker fiber bash guard or metal bash plate (much better), as existing one was way to thin to protect from any underbody impact.

@Xavier Treasurer thanks for all the lovely support and coordination as a very responsible sweep. Thanks for sharing your hitch receiver with Magdy. It was nice to see your family and looking forward to see your little champ more often.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level:

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use