•  
Advertise here

pajero 2008 buying advice

clm mlf

hello,

i would like to know if you have some specific advise on buying a used pajero 2008. i contacted a garage this week end and the guy told me one of his customer was selling his 2008 pajero 2 doors, 200000 km. the garage is not selling on behalf of the customer but they are friends and she is thinking about selling the car.  the maintenance has been done for years in this garage and the mecano told me everything is ok. 

do you what should I look at, on tope of service invoices and booklets ? is there anything about heavy maintenance I should know about this model above 200k km ?

its my first car buying and i don’t want to do mistakes..

thank you for your help,

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, clm mlf said:

hello,

i would like to know if you have some specific advise on buying a used pajero 2008. i contacted a garage this week end and the guy told me one of his customer was selling his 2008 pajero 2 doors, 200000 km. the garage is not selling on behalf of the customer but they are friends and she is thinking about selling the car.  the maintenance has been done for years in this garage and the mecano told me everything is ok. 

do you what should I look at, on tope of service invoices and booklets ? is there anything about heavy maintenance I should know about this model above 200k km ?

its my first car buying and i don’t want to do mistakes..

thank you for your help,

The 2008 Pajeros are pretty reliable and if well maintained can go on for another long while. Most important things to look for is the maintenance schedule, suspension, bushings, condition of tyres. Make sure the drive belt was replaced in time, and the fluids such as transmission oil were done during the regular interval. 

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @clm mlf welcome to Carnity.

First and foremost, may I know why are you choosing 2 door Pajero, specifically? Looks, off-road, fancy, special affection, etc....?

Mitsubishi maintenance and spare parts (including used, aftermarket and OEM) are inherently expensive than any other Japanese brand. And that reflects clearly with low resale value of Pajero's. Just like to make you aware of this fact before you actually finalize your deal.

Now let's talk about 200,000 kms mileage is considered high mileage vehicle and it will definitely require some extra maintenance within next 3-6 months of your purchase. On the bright side, although Mitsubishi parts are expensive but they also outlast others so if you plan to keep this vehicle for long time over 2+ year you will have trouble free ride after initial hiccups (if any). Mitsubishi Pajero's are good solid and reliable 4x4 if you take care of them.

Last but not least, make sure that the last timing belt has been changed around 100K - 120K (max) and if it's not been changed at all, then simply walk away from this deal - as that tells enough of how good owner did the previous maintenance irrespective of mechanic or mutual friend tall claims.

If timing belt has been changed at 100K, then you should be doing it again now at 200K and that is an expensive job so factor that immediate expense to price your deal wisely.

• Like (+1) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use