•  
Advertise here

Pajero Drive Modes

On 12/29/2020 at 8:27 PM, Gaurav said:

One less dune is better than 10-20K AED mods + RTA violations + every week mechanic visits + lack of reliability + low resale vale.

Totally agree 

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Mehmet Volga don't give up. I have the shorter end of the stick with a 3.3 liter 164 hp Pathy. I can never reach Faya or Iftar Bowl top from the front side. But it doesn't mean I can't reach the top, that is why I have my cheat routes. Next time we drive in these areas together I will introduce you to my cheat routes so you can enjoy the sand blowing on your face on top.

Sure @Rahimdad i'll not give up but it's good idea to have some of your 'cheat routes'. I know your car is 3.3 L only but you have some 'super-magic' skills covering the gap I think ;) So, if i manage to reach at the top with using one of your cheat routes then I can show off with my personal driving skills rather than the car's capacity. This give more satisfaction I think :D

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

• 2 weeks later...

I drove in Faya last week end and started with 4H like I normally do however after some time i switched to 4HLc and drove all through the drive in that mode. Also attempted the climb with it. I could say the car was aggressive than 4H and i loved the response from the car. 
Having said that my previous drive was in Qudra south which was my first as a fewbie and i used 4H all the way and did not have any issues either.

I always use tiptronics even on highways as i love how the handling changes with engine braking. 

I always drove manual in India and i love the auto gearbox but not in a pajero on the highway 😀. The use of tiptronics has changed my perspective about my car’s abilities which i never cared for last 5 years owning it!

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2

@sri ganesh I told you I am learning from the expert like you, I have just realized that I have never used 4HLc at all... 🙄

This weekend, going for Few.+ to Iftar Bowl so lets see,, 😉

Cheers.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, sri ganesh said:

I drove in Faya last week end and started with 4H like I normally do however after some time i switched to 4HLc and drove all through the drive in that mode. Also attempted the climb with it. I could say the car was aggressive than 4H and i loved the response from the car. 
Having said that my previous drive was in Qudra south which was my first as a fewbie and i used 4H all the way and did not have any issues either.

I always use tiptronics even on highways as i love how the handling changes with engine braking. 

I always drove manual in India and i love the auto gearbox but not in a pajero on the highway 😀. The use of tiptronics has changed my perspective about my car’s abilities which i never cared for last 5 years owning it!

@sri ganesh @Rizwan Waheed always be careful with 4HLc mode since its locked center-diff. Use it only on soft ground and avoid to make fast + sharp turns while it is engaged. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

55 minutes ago, Rizwan Waheed said:

@sri ganesh I told you I am learning from the expert like you, I have just realized that I have never used 4HLc at all... 🙄

This weekend, going for Few.+ to Iftar Bowl so lets see,, 😉

Cheers.

By no scale i am an expert 😆😆

Just trying to understand my car! 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Mehmet Volga said:

@sri ganesh @Rizwan Waheed always be careful with 4HLc mode since its locked center-diff. Use it only on soft ground and avoid to make fast + sharp turns while it is engaged. 

Thank you Mehmet!

I have used the 4HLc only in sand. 
Would not want to do a sharp turn in any scenario 4HLc or 4H

• Like (+1) 2

• 6 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 4:28 PM, Frederic said:

4Hlc:

image.png.a8eb3cb2b418664b96d3ec27165c0711.png

Instead of the viscous coupling used in 4H, this mode locks the front and rear wheels together at a 50/50 ratio. (Center Diff lock) This mode can be used for more advanced offroading or soft areas when required. This mode is not for on-road driving !!

Excellent As usual. I have used this mode only in recovery mode so far. I actually though this was it, without realizing the 4LLC was the crawl. As a newbie I would not be comfortable switching gear while driving based on the conditions, so is there any counter indication to always use the smoke in the sand ? Could this help me with my oversteering I always feel when driving down a slope or in general? 

Thank you