•  
Advertise here

Jeep upgrade - warranty and RTA consequences

Ilya

Hi team.
I am thinking about lifting my JK LWB a little bit + possibly new tires etc. Could you advise with 2 questions:
1) Will it impact my warranty in any manner? What I can do, what can't. I assume if I do everything in official Jeep there shouldn't be any issues, however third parties upgrade might have consequences
2) I've seen a few topics where people discussed problems with RTA tests after upgrades - so same questions - what is normally considered by RTA as acceptable and what not? 2 inches lift - OK? Larger tires?

• 4 months later...

RTA can be a bit hit and miss. I have 35inch Goodyear MTR tyres and a 2 inch lift kit and the testing inspector said it was a big car so big tyres ok. 

Trading Enterprises are ok with Mopar upgrades to keep the warranty intact. As you say third party upgrades may have issues, so a lot of Jeeps get modified once they are out of the official warranty unless it is clear that the after market part is not related to the warranty claim. 

Thanks @TT_Dubai, its in line with my understanding as well right now

RTA mainly concerns about metal bumpers, and warranty is a "grey zone" in any case, you can rely on relations between your workshop and Jeep (like Jeepers claims, but it's all unofficial) or go to Trading Enterprise for Mopar upgrades (like I did). Jeep guys told me that any lifting higher than 2 inch is a potential reason for warranty exclusion, that's why only 2 inch Mopar lift kit is available (despite it actually lifting your car on 3-3.5 inches)