•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 23 Oct 2020

Srikumar

39 minutes ago, Magdy Zahran said:

where exactly the meeting point 

https://goo.gl/maps/4W2whRQYWdzC4amh6

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Xavier Treasurer @Sabi Karim @mikaeel shaik @Magdy Zahran @Kamal Fayad @Srijith Gangadharan @Omar Al-khoori @Mus_hus78 to those driving with us for the first time tomorrow Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club. And for those joining us again this weekend, we look forward to meeting you again. 

As we are less than 12 hours from the start of the drive, here is a brief of what we plan to do tomorrow:

PREPARATION FOR THE DRIVE AND WHAT TO EXPECT

1) Please ensure that you reach the meeting point on time, i.e., 6:00 AM sharp. If you are late, you would be left behind. Meeting Point https://goo.gl/maps/4W2whRQYWdzC4amh6

2) The senior members on the drive are me and @Pancho

3) Please spend 15 minutes of undivided attention to go through the Absolute Newbie briefing Video. This is absolutely necessary for the safety of you and your vehicle before your first offroad adventure. 

4) For those who have radios, you can program them to the Carnity Frequency using the guidelines provided in the below post. If you dont have a radio, we shall provide you with a spare radio during the drive. We will be using Carnity Channel 2 tomorrow. (446.03125 Mhz). The instructions to program the radio are provided in the below post 

5) All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. If it requires pulling the fuse, please do the needful. Incase of any queries you can always ask the senior members before the drive or better still, post your queries on this drive post and we would assist. 

6) Deflate to 15 psi. Incase if you have any difficulties you can approach the senior members before the drive who would assist you. 

7) Feel free to ask questions at any time. 

We shall be starting the drive from the meeting point moving in an Eastward direction , and enter the desert through some nice easy tracks and dunes so that you can get familiar with your vehicle. As the convoy's confidence increases I shall be gradually increasing the level of the drive always keeping in mind everyone's comfort level. We will be driving for about 3 hours practicing driving in sand, proper steering control, crossing some dunes, and getting you and your vehicle accustomed to off-roading in general. 

By 09:30 am we will be heading out towards the ADNOC Gas station near the Sweihan roundabout, where you can inflate the tyres with your compressor or at the gas station.

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED

Convoy Number :

1. Srikumar - XJ
2. Srijith Gangadharan - Pajero 2011
3. Sabi Karim - Grand Cherokee
4. mikaeel shaik - MG RX8
5. Magdy Zahran - Pajero 2017
6. Pancho - Wrangler
7. Kamal Fayad - Infiniti QX56
8. Omar Al-khoori - Wranger
9. Mus_hus78 - Pajero 2012
10. Xavier Treasurer - Xterra

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

thank you guys for the fun drive, learnt a lot- please whatsapp me pictures/vids if anyone has (i will do the same) once i upload it on my Youtube channel.  +971561995624

Edited by mikaeel shaik

Important Information

Terms of use