•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 23 Oct 2020

Frederic

38 minutes ago, Antonio Rivera said:

Hi Frederic, the recovery truck arrived on time, so by tomorrow I will take it to the garage, any recommendations for garage in Dubai.

Any garage would be fine. Just ensure that you put an original mopar clutch plate, pressure plate and pilot bearing. While you might get away with a half depressed clutch on the road, you will always have a burnt clutch while offroading. Clutch should be either fully in or out. No other way and if you struggle in 4 Hi while trying to self recover put the car in 4 Lo immediately and get yourself out. Your today situation brings back memory of my first drive with a manual transmission where I roasted it completely 😬

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you @Frederic and @Vanessa8580 for this amazing experience! Thank you also for your patience, professionalism and all the great tips you gave us!! I have been so happy to join today, I had so much fun and I am looking forward to the next trip!

See you soon!

Federico

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi @Frederic , @Vanessa8580, and rest of the team,

It was great experience for me.

This was my first off-road drive, which was filled with lots of thrilling and adventurous experiences.

Special thanks to @Vanessa8580 & @Frederic, for your guidance and support.

Looking forward to meet you all in coming weekends.

Thanks, Vinoj PS

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/23/2020 at 1:44 PM, Frederic said:

@Sandi88 you have driven before in the desert and it shows, but please understand that safety is our prime focus and leaving the convoy and going for a play is not acceptable. @Vishnu Sasidharan the same applies, where Vanessa has clearly told you to stay within the convoy you again ignored her instructions. This is not OK guys. We need to make sure all our drivers who are under our wing are safe and are not getting themselves into trouble. 

Unfortunately the COVID regulations were also not followed by some drivers/passengers , as we requested to everyone to wear a mask in case you need to exit the car. Please do take note that is this occurs for the next drive we will ban members who keep thinking they are above the law. Only by following the government rules we will be able to continue these drives.

@Sandi88 and @Vishnu Sasidharan

If you have previous off-road experience, then you can self declare it online on your next drive.

Based on your self-declaration, trip lead will judge your skills and will promote you to the fewbie level accordingly.

Please go through Carnity off-road structure to understand the off-road ranks more in detail.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use