•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 23 Oct 2020

Frederic

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to test your off-road control.

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

23 oct AN drive Friday.jpg

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading.
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette.
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices.
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures.
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Why should i join?

• We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques.
  • If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE.
  • This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Can my vehicle do this ?

• This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further.
  • Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any vehicle modifications.

Can i bring passengers ?

• Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

Join button.jpg

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  23 October 2020, Friday .

Meeting time: 5:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Al Qudra https://goo.gl/maps/bSyscTYvEcAC2U3fA

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Deflator and Pressure Gauge, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:30 AM

End Point: Qudra Parking 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 15 members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • 1 Lead Marshal + 2/3 Senior Members + 12 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW EVENT IN THE EVENT CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Good morning @syed salman raza @Krishnakumar.

This drive is exclusively for Absolute Newbies, who are joining our club for the very first drive. 

Kindly withdraw your RSVP and book into one of the Newbie drives or ask to be put on the waitlist in these drives.

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Javid Ahamed @Federico De Chirico @Federico Galbieri @Matt Curson @Antonio Rivera !

Kindly reply with a small introduction:

- Which 4x4 are you driving ?
- Any prior offroading experience ?

- Does the vehicle have front and back towpoints and are they in perfect condition ?

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below:

For your first drive, please bring a pressure gauge and deflator so you can deflate your tyres. These are readily available in ACE, Speedex, AdventureHQ, or other shops.

If you do have already other offroad gear such as a flag, radio, shovel, or others, please bring it along as well.

Important note: The Al Qudra Last Exit petrol station where we will be exiting has a compressor to inflate your tyres, but lately it has been either defective or hardly working at all. So if you have a compressor plz bring it along as well. 

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hello Frederic and everyone,

I'm driving a 2017 white Toyota Fortuner 2.7, with front and rear towpoints in perfect conditions.

Regarding previous experience I only had 1 day session with EDI as birthday gift, no other desert drives done.

Cheers,

Federico

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @frederic demolder !

Kindly reply with a small introduction:

- Which 4x4 are you driving ?
- Any prior offroading experience ?

- Does the vehicle have front and back towpoints and are they in perfect condition ?

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below:

For your first drive, please bring a pressure gauge and deflator so you can deflate your tyres. These are readily available in ACE, Speedex, AdventureHQ, or other shops.

If you do have already other offroad gear such as a flag, radio, shovel, or others, please bring it along as well.

Important note: The Al Qudra Last Exit petrol station where we will be exiting has a compressor to inflate your tyres, but lately it has been either defective or hardly working at all. So if you have a compressor plz bring it along as well. 

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi Frédéric

Happy to join the club !😉

My car is a Land Rover discovery sport 2017 

I have a some experience in the desert with my car but anyway it is limited due to the ground clearance of my vehicle (8.3 inch) 

If I understood correctly I just need to bring  a pressure gauge and a.deflator for the first meeting. No need to buy other off road gear. Correct ?

Frédéric 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, frederic demolder said:

Hi Frédéric

Happy to join the club !😉

My car is a Land Rover discovery sport 2017 

I have a some experience in the desert with my car but anyway it is limited due to the ground clearance of my vehicle (8.3 inch) 

If I understood correctly I just need to bring  a pressure gauge and a.deflator for the first meeting. No need to buy other off road gear. Correct ?

Frédéric 

Hi Frederic !

Thanks for the quick reply. The ground clearance of your Discovery Sport is acceptable, but the low approach angle due to the low front bumper makes these vehicles very delicate for offroading. For beginner level drives you will be fine and during that time you can decide for yourself if that car is suitable for you, or if you want to look for a dedicated offroad toy that can take a little bit more abuse :) 

Correct, a pressure gauge and deflator is all you need for your first drive. From a second drive onwards you will be considered Newbie, and then you will need an offroad flag, a radio, and a shovel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thanks for your reply.😉

Effectivly, i am not sure if it is possible to achieve  fewbie step with my vehicle. Anyway I just want to drive safely and not be alone on the desert. 

I already drove in Liwa desert (with a guide in my car)  and alone  Fossil rock and many times the road  Al Bateah to Rak.

By the way for the next step do you know where I can buy  a red flag with  a suction cup ?

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, frederic demolder said:

Thanks for your reply.😉

Effectivly, i am not sure if it is possible to achieve  fewbie step with my vehicle. Anyway I just want to drive safely and not be alone on the desert. 

I already drove in Liwa desert (with a guide in my car)  and alone  Fossil rock and many times the road  Al Bateah to Rak.

By the way for the next step do you know where I can buy  a red flag with  a suction cup ?

Thanks

Newbie level will be fine, but yes from Fewbie level onwards the Discovery Sport will mostprobably not be suitable anymore.

AdventureHQ in Timesquare Mall has the AOR flags and suction cups. You will find the Chinese branded ones in Dragon Mart too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use