•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 23 Oct 2020

Frederic

Hi Frederic,

I am driving a ‘07 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7.

I have done easy desert drive a couple of times and I made a beginner dune bashing course with Galadari Motors, but then for 1,5 years I haven’t done anything so I need a good refresh!

The car has tow points rear and front, both in good condition.

Thank you so much,

Federico

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Vinojps !

Kindly reply with a small introduction:

- Which 4x4 are you driving ?
- Any prior offroading experience ?

- Does the vehicle have front and back towpoints and are they in perfect condition ?

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

For your first drive, please bring a pressure gauge and deflator so you can deflate your tyres. These are readily available in ACE, Speedex, AdventureHQ, or other shops.

If you do have already other offroad gear such as a flag, radio, shovel, or others, please bring it along as well.

Important note: The Al Qudra Last Exit petrol station where we will be exiting has a compressor to inflate your tyres, but lately it has been either defective or hardly working at all. So if you have a compressor plz bring it along as well. 

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi everyone. 

hope you are well,

Wrangler 2012. 

no off road experience, I’ve literally just got the Jeep. 

tow points all good. 

really looking forward to learning and meeting you all. 

see you soon 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Rob Harper

- Does the vehicle have front and back towpoints and are they in perfect condition ?

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below:

For your first drive, please bring a pressure gauge and deflator so you can deflate your tyres. These are readily available in ACE, Speedex, AdventureHQ, or other shops.

If you do have already other offroad gear such as a flag, radio, shovel, or others, please bring it along as well.

Important note: The Al Qudra Last Exit petrol station where we will be exiting has a compressor to inflate your tyres, but lately it has been either defective or hardly working at all. So if you have a compressor plz bring it along as well. 

Thanks !

Hi @Frederic,

Thanks for your msg.

The video shared by you was Very useful for me.

I’m driving 2018 Jeep Wrangler.

I’m new to off-roading 

Both front and rear towpoints of my car are in good condition.

Thanks!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Jonathan Maumy !

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 2

Hi! Just signed up for this 'absolute newbie' drive and very excited - zero previous experience. My wife will be joining in the passenger seat so we can both get an appreciation of the challenges and learn.

We will be in a Black 2020 Mitsubishi Montero Sport, with front and rear tow points in mint condition. I read the thread about deflating tyres and wondered if could purchase a pressure gauge and deflator after the drive, after seeing what people use?

I have 'totally agreed' to the rules page and joined this group - is there anything else I need to do to confirm?

Thanks - looking forward to Friday morning!

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Jonathan Maumy said:

Hi! Just signed up for this 'absolute newbie' drive and very excited - zero previous experience. My wife will be joining in the passenger seat so we can both get an appreciation of the challenges and learn.

We will be in a Black 2020 Mitsubishi Montero Sport, with front and rear tow points in mint condition. I read the thread about deflating tyres and wondered if could purchase a pressure gauge and deflator after the drive, after seeing what people use?

I have 'totally agreed' to the rules page and joined this group - is there anything else I need to do to confirm?

Thanks - looking forward to Friday morning!

Hi @Jonathan Maumy, the Mitsubishi Montero Sport is a nice offroader, i am sure you will love it.

As all members in the drive are absolute newbies, they will also still be experimenting about which pressure gauge to buy. You will find some advices in below tutorial:

My personal favorite pressure gauge is the Bushranger 3-1 gauge and deflator:
Bushranger Tyre Deflator Gauge - CLUB 4X4

Below model (quick deflator) is good but will need some practice:

Auto Plus Easy Tire deflator with gauge: Buy Online at Best Price in UAE -  Amazon.ae

Quick and simple way to deflate very fast is the stem removal tool:

Auto Plus Tyre Deflator 2 Type Valve Face

You will find most of these items in ACE, Speedex, AdventureHQ, and Dragon Mart. A reliable pressure gauge will make a big difference when you start offroading.

For your first drive you can start with something cheap and try a few different models until you find what works best for you. Some swear by the quick-deflators, others by the stem removal tool. 

Edited by Frederic
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use