•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 23 Oct 2020

Frederic

Excellent news about the car - I bought it with this in mind so hopefully it does the job!

And I was just looking at the bushranger 3-1 so I'll go get that - thanks! I was also considering the bushranger standard snatch kit too so could be an expensive shop!

Any recommendations on compressors?

Thanks! Jon

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jonathan Maumy said:

Excellent news about the car - I bought it with this in mind so hopefully it does the job!

And I was just looking at the bushranger 3-1 so I'll go get that - thanks! I was also considering the bushranger standard snatch kit too so could be an expensive shop!

Any recommendations on compressors?

Thanks! Jon

Hi @Jonathan Maumy do not buy recovery ropes / snatch ropes yet. Only from Intermediate level onwards you will require one. The main things are:

- Pressure gauge / deflator from first drive onwards.

- Radio, offroad flag, shovel, air compressor from second drive onwards.

Above article has some info on compressors as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi Frederic, unfortunately it doesn’t look like I’ll be getting my Jeep in time for Friday. It has passed RTA but there’s a hitch with transfer of ownership. (I’ve been waiting all week. 😡). 

so better I give up the spot to allow someone else to drive. If by some miracle I get the car tomorrow and there is still space I’ll rejoin. 

have a good drive everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Matt Curson said:

Hi Frederic, unfortunately it doesn’t look like I’ll be getting my Jeep in time for Friday. It has passed RTA but there’s a hitch with transfer of ownership. (I’ve been waiting all week. 😡). 

so better I give up the spot to allow someone else to drive. If by some miracle I get the car tomorrow and there is still space I’ll rejoin. 

No worries @Matt Curson thanks for informing. Hope you can get it sorted.

• Like (+1) 1

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Vishnu Sasidharan !

Kindly reply with a small introduction:

- Which 4x4 are you driving ?
- Any prior offroading experience ?

- Does the vehicle have front and back towpoints and are they in perfect condition ?

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

For your first drive, please bring a pressure gauge and deflator so you can deflate your tyres. These are readily available in ACE, Speedex, AdventureHQ, or other shops.

If you do have already other offroad gear such as a flag, radio, shovel, or others, please bring it along as well.

Important note: The Al Qudra Last Exit petrol station where we will be exiting has a compressor to inflate your tyres, but lately it has been either defective or hardly working at all. So if you have a compressor plz bring it along as well. 

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Sandi88 !

- Does the vehicle have front and back towpoints and are they in perfect condition ?

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below:

For your first drive, please bring a pressure gauge and deflator so you can deflate your tyres. These are readily available in ACE, Speedex, AdventureHQ, or other shops.

If you do have already other offroad gear such as a flag, radio, shovel, or others, please bring it along as well.

Important note: The Al Qudra Last Exit petrol station where we will be exiting has a compressor to inflate your tyres, but lately it has been either defective or hardly working at all. So if you have a compressor plz bring it along as well. 

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @abdallah hussein this drive is exclusively for Absolute Newbies. As you have been driving with us before I will need to remove your RSVP. Kindly book into one of the Newbie drives. 
Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Matt Curson said:

Hi @Matt Curson I have removed your name from the RSVP list. If you still can make it please let me know so I can add you.

• Like (+1) 1

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Jack Thomas !

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below:

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use