•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 23 Oct 2020

Frederic

Hi Everyone! great to be joining tomorrow.

I am new to off-roading and so eager to get the fundamentals right. I have a Ford F150 double cabin 2014. 

Can confirm I have front and back towpoints and are they in perfect condition. 

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Dr Tariq Mahmood !

Kindly reply with a small introduction:

- Which 4x4 are you driving ?
- Any prior offroading experience ?

- Does the vehicle have front and back towpoints and are they in perfect condition ?

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

For your first drive, please bring a pressure gauge and deflator so you can deflate your tyres. These are readily available in ACE, Speedex, AdventureHQ, or other shops.

If you do have already other offroad gear such as a flag, radio, shovel, or others, please bring it along as well.

Important note: The Al Qudra Last Exit petrol station where we will be exiting has a compressor to inflate your tyres, but lately it has been either defective or hardly working at all. So if you have a compressor plz bring it along as well. 

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks for your post. I am driving Toyota Prado 2015 white 4 by 4.  Have a desert driving experience. Tow points front and rear are in perfect condition. Have with me  Compressor, Appropriate tug rope, and others essentials. I Don’t have RADIO AS REQUIRED NOW AT THE MOMENT. Is Ok can I use my mobile phone instead for this drive and then will arrange this as soon as possible. Best Regards 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Tariq Mahmood said:

Thanks for your post. I am driving Toyota Prado 2015 white 4 by 4.  Have a desert driving experience. Tow points front and rear are in perfect condition. Have with me  Compressor, Appropriate tug rope, and others essentials. I Don’t have RADIO AS REQUIRED NOW AT THE MOMENT. Is Ok can I use my mobile phone instead for this drive and then will arrange this as soon as possible. Best Regards 

No problem @Dr Tariq Mahmood we have spare radios for first joiners.

• Like (+1) 2

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.0f9c248bd3809ebc58376263fba693d5.png

Please find the convoy list for tomorrow above. @Vanessa8580 and i will be supporting you throughout the drive.

Some remarks:

- Please do watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video completely, as this contains so much essential information that will make your first drive more pleasant as you will feel totally prepared.

- Please abide by the COVID19 regulations we have put in place for everyone's safety. As soon as you step out of the car for inflation or deflation, always wear your mask. 

- If you do not have a radio yet, no worries for your first drive we will hand over a spare radio that you can use tomorrow. For the ones that have a radio, you can tune in on Carnity Channel 4: 446.08125 Mhz. 

See you guys tomorrow at 05:30AM Sharp ! 

PS For emergency cases my mobile number is 056 504 26 32

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

DRIVE REPORT

A beautiful active morning 😆

An Absolute Newbie drive always comes with its surprises, but is all worth it because of the smiles of the new members at the end of the drive. This morning was a bit eventful and these things happen sometimes. The desert comes with its own surprises.

The first surprise was when @Javid Ahamed his Ford Explorer had a first hiccup/stuck a few dunes inside. After looking for the 4x4 buttons we finally had to pull the car back out as we realized it was a 2-Wheel drive car. 

A little while later, @Antonio Rivera his beautiful black Wrangler starting smoking and going from the smell it could only be the clutch that got fried. We tried waiting a bit, and even tried to drive a little portion in low gear, but eventually the only option was to pull it out back to the road and get the recovery truck.

@Federico Galbieri did fantastic as my second lead, listening perfectly to my instructions over the radio and re-routing where needed. Well done !

@Dr Tariq Mahmood with the White Prado was gliding effortlessly through the dunes. Very impressive !

@frederic demolder the Landrover Discovery Sport is a very capable offroader, but does not have a good approach angle and clearance For Newbie level drives you will be fine, You drove really well today and was not afraid of shoveling. Super attitude !

@Jonathan Maumy with the beautiful Black Montero Sport you did amazing too and will probably get addicted soon :)

@Federico De Chirico that Fortuner was a beast that woke up as soon as we deflated it a bit more. Well driven buddy !

@Vinojps with the nice red Wrangler drove effortlessly today. Nice work !!

@Rob Harper and @Jack Thomas two superdudes who both drove amazing ! 

@Sandi88 you have driven before in the desert and it shows, but please understand that safety is our prime focus and leaving the convoy and going for a play is not acceptable. @Vishnu Sasidharan the same applies, where Vanessa has clearly told you to stay within the convoy you again ignored her instructions. This is not OK guys. We need to make sure all our drivers who are under our wing are safe and are not getting themselves into trouble. 

Unfortunately the COVID regulations were also not followed by some drivers/passengers , as we requested to everyone to wear a mask in case you need to exit the car. Please do take note that is this occurs for the next drive we will ban members who keep thinking they are above the law. Only by following the government rules we will be able to continue these drives.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you guys soon in the sand again !

@Antonio Rivera i hope your car is ok and recovery was able to help you. I will send you a text to handover the radio one of these days, no worries.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hi Frédéric 

Thank you for quick drive report.👍

And Thank you to you and Vanessa for your precious help. Vanessa you are a very good off road driver !👍😉

Sorry for the team for making you lose 40 minutes this morning .I will try to do better next time..I promise !😉👍

Antonio, I hope your beautiful jeep will be repaired quickly to see you soon in the desert 😉

Have a nice week end guys !

Frédéric DEMOLDER

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use