•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Margham Loop - Sharjah - 23 Oct 2020

Wrangeld

Dear Margham Marauders, 

I wanted to take a few minutes of your time to give a little more explanation about what to expect on the drive on Friday. I am including the names of all the waitlisted drivers as well (not to 'punish' them, but because we believe we will find a solution to the waitlist.) 

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA @SyedObaid @Yasas Dharmadasa @Nithin Vaidir @Goutam @Gaurav Soni @Athula Dharmadada @Archibald Jurdi @Karthik Krishnakumar @Kaushal Prithwani @Arda Yagcioglu @Vijaysekhar

@Ahab Shamaa @Manjinder Singh @Mohamed Abo ElKomsan @Yusuf Esaf

An exploration is just what it seems. In some areas we hold drives, we know the terrain very well and have visited many many times. Margham is a new territory for Carnity and we did not yet take Newbies there. An exploration means that as the drive lead I need to find the right tracks for the level of drivers, and the drivers need to expect that the route might not be as simple as on other drives. You will find some parts of the drive more difficult. We will find all the great dunes on which to practice and hone your skills. 

Exploration is normally slower and more careful. Because we do not know the 'way' we take more care in an exploration. Having said that, I know a few areas in this terrain (due to my previous explorations) where there are great dunes for playing and experiementing safely - so don't worry that we will not have a lot of fun. 

Who knows where we will end up? I get that this might seem like I do not know where we are headed. Truth is that the landscape here has a number of options we can chose and if the convoy handles it well we can change our destination based on how well we all perfom. There are multiple entry and exit points that can be chosen. We could end up where we started, or we could end up finding our way (exploring) to somewhere else. 

Teamwork will be absolutely key. Most of the drivers on this drive are not experienced, and have not done much in the way of self recovery from being stuck in the sand. For this reason, we have experienced members who come along to help. Having said that we are all responsible for each other. That might be sitting patiently in your car while we recover someone, that might be being asked to help in a recovery. Or it could simply be that you follow all the instructions perfectly and make the drive easier for other people. 

I am looking forward to the drive on Friday becuase it will be a new experience - and that's what this hobby is all about. Challenging ourselves. Do make sure that you bring your A game to the desert. You will need it.

See you soon in the sand.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

12 hours ago, Senthil Kumar said:

Please add me in the waiting list

HI @Senthil Kumar We will add you to the waitlist as requested. By Thursday, we will know just how many drivers can be accommodated in the drives and let people know. 

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like it is going to be a Jeep Rally. 8 of the 14 registered members have Jeeps

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

7 hours ago, Nithin Vaidir said:

Looking forward to the drive, could we bring along kids for the drive ?

Hi Nithin

You can, however, you will need to focus on your driving. So they need to behave 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 10/20/2020 at 1:31 PM, Wrangeld said:

Dear Margham Marauders, 

I wanted to take a few minutes of your time to give a little more explanation about what to expect on the drive on Friday. I am including the names of all the waitlisted drivers as well (not to 'punish' them, but because we believe we will find a solution to the waitlist.) 

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA @SyedObaid @Yasas Dharmadasa @Nithin Vaidir @Goutam @Gaurav Soni @Athula Dharmadada @Archibald Jurdi @Karthik Krishnakumar @Kaushal Prithwani @Arda Yagcioglu @Vijaysekhar

@Ahab Shamaa @Manjinder Singh @Mohamed Abo ElKomsan @Yusuf Esaf

An exploration is just what it seems. In some areas we hold drives, we know the terrain very well and have visited many many times. Margham is a new territory for Carnity and we did not yet take Newbies there. An exploration means that as the drive lead I need to find the right tracks for the level of drivers, and the drivers need to expect that the route might not be as simple as on other drives. You will find some parts of the drive more difficult. We will find all the great dunes on which to practice and hone your skills. 

Exploration is normally slower and more careful. Because we do not know the 'way' we take more care in an exploration. Having said that, I know a few areas in this terrain (due to my previous explorations) where there are great dunes for playing and experiementing safely - so don't worry that we will not have a lot of fun. 

Who knows where we will end up? I get that this might seem like I do not know where we are headed. Truth is that the landscape here has a number of options we can chose and if the convoy handles it well we can change our destination based on how well we all perfom. There are multiple entry and exit points that can be chosen. We could end up where we started, or we could end up finding our way (exploring) to somewhere else. 

Teamwork will be absolutely key. Most of the drivers on this drive are not experienced, and have not done much in the way of self recovery from being stuck in the sand. For this reason, we have experienced members who come along to help. Having said that we are all responsible for each other. That might be sitting patiently in your car while we recover someone, that might be being asked to help in a recovery. Or it could simply be that you follow all the instructions perfectly and make the drive easier for other people. 

I am looking forward to the drive on Friday becuase it will be a new experience - and that's what this hobby is all about. Challenging ourselves. Do make sure that you bring your A game to the desert. You will need it.

See you soon in the sand.  

You missed my name in the waitlist 😅

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use