•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Margham Loop - Sharjah - 23 Oct 2020

Wrangeld

Dear Desert Drivers

Here is the final convoy list for tomorrow's drive in Margham

Morning Newbie Desert Drive Margham 23 Oct 2020  
Attendees Level Car   Pos #  
Wrangeld Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero SWB   1 Lead
Yasas Dharmadasa Fewbie Jeep Wrangler LWB   2 2nd lead
Daniel Noguiera Newbie Dodge RAM 1500   3  
Arda Yagcioglu Newbie Landrover LR2   4  
Gaurav Soni Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB   5  
Ahab Shamaa Newbie Toyota FJ Cruiser   6  
Athula Dharmadada Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB   7  
Kaushal Prithwani Newbie Nissan Super Safari SWB   8  
Vijay Sekhar Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB   9  
Nithin Vaidir Newbie Toyota Landcruiser Prado   10  
Karthik Krishnakumar Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB   11  
Goutam Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB   12  
Archibald Jurdi Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB TJ   13  
Jeepie Expert Jeep Wrangler   14 SW

This will disappoint a number of people on the waitlist. 

@Yasas Dharmadasa @DANIEL NOGUEIRA @Arda Yagcioglu @Gaurav Soni @Ahab Shamaa @Athula Dharmadada @Kaushal Prithwani @Vijaysekhar @Karthik Krishnakumar @Goutam @Archibald Jurdi

you are the lucky ones. Because there was such a long waitlist, please do not embarass either us our yourself by not turning up at the drive on time (6 am) tomorrow morning. 

myself and @Jeepie will be the seniors on duty. If you have any questions when tou arrive, please let us know. 

You MUST have with you: 

• Working and programmed radio
  • Off road flag
  • Shovel
  • Spare tire in good condition
  • Working compressor and airline for reinflation

We will also be checking that your vehicles have proper and good condition tow points at the front and rear of the car. 

When you arrive, please deflate (12- 15PSI) and put up your offroad flag and put your vehicle in 4H. 

Radio channel will be Carnity channel number 1.

An explantion for the disappointed drivers. For safety reasons we could not extend the drive list this week. We set drive limits with the mind set to get as many people out into the sand as possible. On this drive we have only two senior Carnity members and as such we cannot risk more cars in the convoy because everyone except the second lead is a newbie. A 14 car convoy will mean that the front and back cars can be as much as 1km apart.

For those that are on the drive - bring your A game. We will challenge you tomorrow morning with new experiences, types of dunes, types of inclines and declines and dune crossing. 

Looking forward to an excellent drive tomorrow. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 3

@Yusuf Esaf @Manjinder Singh @Sai Baskaran 

A special word for you. I understand how frustrating it is not to get on a drive - it's all you want to do on a Friday. 

We aim as a team to add as many drives as we can to accommodate everyone that wants to drive and if we could be in two places at the same time we would be. Sdaly, you missed out this week, but more drives will be posted at 7.10 pm next week. 

As Marshals, safety is our key concern and knowing the terrain on this drive and the fact that it is an exploration, we cannot take the risks associated with adding more drivers. One or two increases the convoy by 100 - 200 meters and potentially adds 30 - 60 minutes on the drive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Ok good news for one more waitlist

Im sorry guys, I wont be able to make it. Its my sons birthday and my wife threw the ”do what you want line”

And all the husbands out there know what that means.

Im terribly sorry @Wrangeld and @Jeepie, but ill have to dropout. However if a waitlist isnt able to fill the slot, I will come. Sandman's honour

My apologies once again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Manjinder Singh said:

@Wrangeld

I wanted to join.😨

As explained Manjinder, I would have loved to have been able to add you to the drive. I understand fully that you would have asked me to  make an exception 'just' for you. The problem with that is that there are many people for whom we would then have to make an exception 'just' for them. I promise to look out for your name on future drives. 

Just now, Wrangeld said:

As explained Manjinder, I would have loved to have been able to add you to the drive. I understand fully that you would have asked me to  make an exception 'just' for you. The problem with that is that there are many people for whom we would then have to make an exception 'just' for them. I promise to look out for your name on future drives. 

Your lucky day Manjinder. @Manjinder Singh you are confirmed because a place became free. I am making the changes now. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Dear Desert Drivers

@Yasas Dharmadasa @DANIEL NOGUEIRA @Arda Yagcioglu @Gaurav Soni @Ahab Shamaa @Athula Dharmadada @Kaushal Prithwani @Vijaysekhar @Karthik Krishnakumar @Goutam @Archibald Jurdi

you are the lucky ones. Because there was such a long waitlist, please do not embarass either us our yourself by not turning up at the drive on time (6 am) tomorrow morning. 

myself and @Jeepie will be the seniors on duty. If you have any questions when tou arrive, please let us know. 

You MUST have with you: 

• Off road flag
  • Shovel

We will also be checking that your vehicles have proper and good condition tow points at the front and rear of the car. 

When you arrive, please deflate (12- 15PSI) and put up your offroad flag and put your vehicle in 4H. 

An explantion for the disappointed drivers. For safety reasons we could not extend the drive list this week. We set drive limits with the mind set to get as many people out into the sand as possible. On this drive we have only two senior Carnity members and as such we cannot risk more cars in the convoy because everyone except the second lead is a newbie. A 14 car convoy will mean that the front and back cars can be as much as 1km apart.

For those that are on the drive - bring your A game. We will challenge you tomorrow morning with new experiences, types of dunes, types of inclines and declines and dune crossing. 

11 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Dear Desert Drivers

You MUST have with you: 

• Off road flag
  • Shovel

Revised convoy list based on drop outs 20.00

Attendees Level Car Radio Pos #  
Wrangeld Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Y 1 Lead
Yasas Dharmadasa Fewbie Jeep Wrangler LWB Y 2 2nd lead
Daniel Noguiera Newbie Dodge RAM 1500 Y 3  
Arda Yagcioglu Newbie Landrover LR2 Y 4  
Gaurav Soni Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB y 5  
Ahab Shamaa Newbie Toyota FJ Cruiser Y 6  
Athula Dharmadada Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB Y 7  
Manjinder Singh Newbie Toyota FJ Cruiser Y 8  
Vijay Sekhar Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB Y 9  
Nithin Vaidir Newbie Toyota Landcruiser Prado Y 10  
Karthik Krishnakumar Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 11  
Goutam Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 12  
Archibald Jurdi Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB TJ Y 13  
Jeepie Expert Jeep Wrangler Y 14 SW

6 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Your lucky day Manjinder. @Manjinder Singh you are confirmed because a place became free. I am making the changes now. 

@Manjinder Singh please confirm attendance - or your place will slip to the next on the list. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use