•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Margham Loop - Sharjah - 23 Oct 2020

Wrangeld

10 minutes ago, Kaushal Prithwani said:

Thank you @Wrangeld and @Jeepie for understanding

Family always comes first and yes, I think I heard that line before (never from Jeepie !!!) and know exactly what it means. 

4 minutes ago, Yusuf Esaf said:

Thanks @Wrangeld. I understand the technical difficulties. If Majinder slips out, m still on.

Hi @Yusuf Esaf I think that the chaces of Manjinder slipping out are limited, but there may be other drop outs before the end of the evening. 

Please keep looking through to around 10pm - for some reason there are people not paying attention until the last minute and then realising that they have other plans. Rest assured that if we have another drop out, you are the next in line (not that we wish bad on anyone in the club ...)

Thank you for your understanding. It is appreciated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

@Yusuf Esaf @Manjinder Singh @Sai Baskaran 

A special word for you. I understand how frustrating it is not to get on a drive - it's all you want to do on a Friday. 

We aim as a team to add as many drives as we can to accommodate everyone that wants to drive and if we could be in two places at the same time we would be. Sdaly, you missed out this week, but more drives will be posted at 7.10 pm next week. 

As Marshals, safety is our key concern and knowing the terrain on this drive and the fact that it is an exploration, we cannot take the risks associated with adding more drivers. One or two increases the convoy by 100 - 200 meters and potentially adds 30 - 60 minutes on the drive. 

@Wrangeld there is always next time, have a safe ride . All the best to all the desertronauts for tomorrows adventure 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

The Margham Loop Exploration

Anyone driving with navigation software woould have to agree that we did loop today. For that, no apologies. A new newbie territory, where few have driven before (did you notice that there were not so many cross tracks here), surrounded by challenging technical dunes required a certain type of drive where we could practice (as promised) dune crossing, dune driving, climbing, descending and navigating pockets of soft and slipping sand. 

So there was a lot of spaghetti on the map and a concentration on one particular area of dunes (approaching it from different sides) so we could practice all these basic techniques. 

For the more experienced drivers, close to Fewbie status, the drive should have been just a little but 'boring' - so they could finesse theier skills and get themselves ready for the next level. For the new newbies, this should have been that little but more challenging than the Absolute Newbie drive, because you had to sort out problems yourself, or get assistance to sort them out. 

It did feel a bit like a Jeep convention at the start of the drive, the Pajeros, FJ cruisers and Land Rover/Cruiser felt a bit like we were barging in on their day, but the mix of vehicles was good, because it shows once again, that even though the Jeep is in an incredible machine, it's not just the machine that makes the driver. 

@Yasas Dharmadasa first time 2nd lead, and I am afraid, you paid the price a bit for that. One moment of lack of concentration and a little too much speed ... I hope that the garage can put all of those pieces back into place in the right order. New challenges await once you get the car back together. 

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA you really have that beast under control and drive really flawlessly today. Watch out for the more technical dunes in the future challenges. All that power is great to get you up and over and through most things ... except for the tigh technical dunes. 

@Arda Yagcioglu one of those for whom the next level is calling. You have the basics well under control, that's clear. 

@Gaurav Soni the LWB Pajero is a great machine, especially when it has been 'chip fixed' like yours. You need to use the power under your foot more judiciously understanding when to use more and when to utilise what is available. 

@Ahab Shamaa I think you really felt that the tension of not knowing if you were going to make it onto the drive was worthwhile by the end. Great drive today. You really are starting to understand the power and potential of the FJ.

@Athula Dharmadada Please remember that sometimes you need to to hold back your enthusiasm when on a drive. Having a tool like the Jeep gives a great feeling of confidence, and your driving shows this.  Apart from that, great performance today. 

@Manjinder Singh our late late convoy partner! I am delighted you made it. Considering how many drives you have under your belt, the control you show in the FJ is admirable. Soem decent receoveries today under guidance. 

@Nithin Vaidir sorry you lost the front of the bumper today. We try, but can never guarantee that the vehicle comes out of the desert unscathed. Apart from that the control you ae showing with the LC is good. Hope that the family enjoyed the trip as much as you. 

@Karthik Krishnakumar you are getting more and more to grips with the car on each drive - watch your braking, watch your power delivery. You have every reason to be confident after your earlier drives. 

@Goutam our second yellow SWB Jeep - it's never easy driving at the end of a long convoy and the recovery we did together out of the soft sand hopefully shows you no matter where you end up you can be recovered. 

@Archibald Jurdi excellent job with the manual TJ, especially as you were at the back with some churned up tracks. You are really imporoving drive after drive. 

@Jeepie  as ever impeccable. Thanks for doing a brilliant job keeping us all under control, sorting out the stucks and getting me out of trouble a few times. 

@Wrangeld a good newbie lead, that offered challenges to the new newbies and meant that we were not standing waiting for too long. Nice big play dunes and soem good practice - be careful of stopping on soft sand and getting stuck!

Thanks everyone for your iinput. 

Looking forward to seeing you all in the sand again soon.  

Personally, a good experience. Last time I was alone in the car. This time with family. Learnt some good techniques about maneuvering. Feel bad about my car though. But makes me want to do more drives and take care of the car at the same time. Hats off to @Wrangeld and @Jeepie for this drive.  I now also know the desert is new even for the experienced.  Thanks for the wonderful drive guys . Have a good weekend and week ahead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

The Margham Loop Exploration

Anyone driving with navigation software woould have to agree that we did loop today. For that, no apologies. A new newbie territory, where few have driven before (did you notice that there were not so many cross tracks here), surrounded by challenging technical dunes required a certain type of drive where we could practice (as promised) dune crossing, dune driving, climbing, descending and navigating pockets of soft and slipping sand. 

So there was a lot of spaghetti on the map and a concentration on one particular area of dunes (approaching it from different sides) so we could practice all these basic techniques. 

For the more experienced drivers, close to Fewbie status, the drive should have been just a little but 'boring' - so they could finesse theier skills and get themselves ready for the next level. For the new newbies, this should have been that little but more challenging than the Absolute Newbie drive, because you had to sort out problems yourself, or get assistance to sort them out. 

It did feel a bit like a Jeep convention at the start of the drive, the Pajeros, FJ cruisers and Land Rover/Cruiser felt a bit like we were barging in on their day, but the mix of vehicles was good, because it shows once again, that even though the Jeep is in an incredible machine, it's not just the machine that makes the driver. 

@Yasas Dharmadasa first time 2nd lead, and I am afraid, you paid the price a bit for that. One moment of lack of concentration and a little too much speed ... I hope that the garage can put all of those pieces back into place in the right order. New challenges await once you get the car back together. 

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA you really have that beast under control and drive really flawlessly today. Watch out for the more technical dunes in the future challenges. All that power is great to get you up and over and through most things ... except for the tigh technical dunes. 

@Arda Yagcioglu one of those for whom the next level is calling. You have the basics well under control, that's clear. 

@Gaurav Soni the LWB Pajero is a great machine, especially when it has been 'chip fixed' like yours. You need to use the power under your foot more judiciously understanding when to use more and when to utilise what is available. 

@Ahab Shamaa I think you really felt that the tension of not knowing if you were going to make it onto the drive was worthwhile by the end. Great drive today. You really are starting to understand the power and potential of the FJ.

@Athula Dharmadada Please remember that sometimes you need to to hold back your enthusiasm when on a drive. Having a tool like the Jeep gives a great feeling of confidence, and your driving shows this.  Apart from that, great performance today. 

@Manjinder Singh our late late convoy partner! I am delighted you made it. Considering how many drives you have under your belt, the control you show in the FJ is admirable. Soem decent receoveries today under guidance. 

@Nithin Vaidir sorry you lost the front of the bumper today. We try, but can never guarantee that the vehicle comes out of the desert unscathed. Apart from that the control you ae showing with the LC is good. Hope that the family enjoyed the trip as much as you. 

@Karthik Krishnakumar you are getting more and more to grips with the car on each drive - watch your braking, watch your power delivery. You have every reason to be confident after your earlier drives. 

@Goutam our second yellow SWB Jeep - it's never easy driving at the end of a long convoy and the recovery we did together out of the soft sand hopefully shows you no matter where you end up you can be recovered. 

@Archibald Jurdi excellent job with the manual TJ, especially as you were at the back with some churned up tracks. You are really imporoving drive after drive. 

@Jeepie  as ever impeccable. Thanks for doing a brilliant job keeping us all under control, sorting out the stucks and getting me out of trouble a few times. 

@Wrangeld a good newbie lead, that offered challenges to the new newbies and meant that we were not standing waiting for too long. Nice big play dunes and soem good practice - be careful of stopping on soft sand and getting stuck!

Thanks everyone for your iinput. 

Looking forward to seeing you all in the sand again soon.  

Great different dunes , its was fun, even the soft sand was a good set up to keep the power under control so I could move and not digging down..  slide slopes very fun as always... thanks @Wrangeld. Hope to see you soon on the fewbie drives...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you @Wrangeld and @Jeepie for giving us and excellent drive and much needed experience!

Click on the link below to access the photos:

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/360-newbie-margham-loop-dubai-23-oct-2020

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Wrangeld really appreciate your feedback will work on it for sure :) looking forward to our next ride  . @Jeepie thank you for covering our back and pulling us out at all time .  @Athula Dharmadada great pics man , thank you . 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

What a pleasurable ride this was 😀

A big thanks to @Jeepie and @Wrangeld for having our backs and teaching us the basics of this great sport.

Thanks to all my fellow drivers for being helpful, courteous and patient!

Great pictures @Athula Dharmadada

See you guys real soon!

Ahab

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Athula Dharmadada said:

Thank you @Wrangeld and @Jeepie for giving us and excellent drive and much needed experience!

Click on the link below to access the photos:

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/360-newbie-margham-loop-dubai-23-oct-2020

Great Pictures buddy ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use