•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert drive - Al Qudra - 23 Oct 2020

Brette

Convoy 2

RSVP for the convoy 2 has been closed.

Welcome @Islam Soliman, @VipinShetty, @RaYan E, @Vineeth John Joseph, @Anand Nataraj, @siddharth maheshwari, @Jihad Hachem, @Hatim Patharia@luwaimn and @Gaurav for joining this drive. 

We will be using Carnity channel #2 (446.031-25).

image.png.98dd876c7be0d58bdc297c8f58f6e0be.png

See you all tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 4

Reminding my self and my dear desert wanderers , things I am checking right now before bed in order of importance :

1. My radios are on charging and not to forget them In the morning 😜

2. Final check of my offroad stuff that are there and secured in the truck 

3. Quick look to the tow points ( done yesterday ) 

4. all fluids levels are at its marks 

5. check weather broadcast 

6. the most important fix my alarm as well as my son’s ( usually I wake up before it rings 😆)

Last but not least get my head on the pillow and dream of tomorrow’s action 😴

take care 

cheers 🚙🙏🏻🌷

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 5

4 hours ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Sorry @Brette

Objection from home ministry 😥. Already got some errands to do tomorrow morning. 

@Rizwanm2

Ministry of home affairs is always first. Do it well so that you can join the next drive 😄

See you soon!

1 hour ago, Nivin said:

@Rizwanm2

Ministry of home affairs is always first. Do it well so that you can join the next drive 😄

See you soon!

5 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Home ministry is the most important bro , same here but afternoon time 😉

of course brothers, do not spoil the peace agreement or be prepared to be in warzone ⚔️.

3 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

6. the most important fix my alarm as well as my son’s ( usually I wake up before it rings 😆)

Ha ha.. same here, on drive days i will be up before the alarm goes off. so im not the only strange person then.. 😅

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

What a day! Starting with difficulty to find the route to the dunes although we were able to see them from distance.. our route took us through two nice horse farms, multiple camel farms, and paid a visit to a family who wasn’t obviously happy with 11 cars barging into their little farm.

area was kind of surrounded by fences so took us sometime through very tight tech area full of vegetation until we finally managed to get the open dunes and enjoyed nice sidies and @Gaurav took some shots for the convoy.

I also hit the jackpot today with a record 3 stucks two of which in very nasty tight pockets not fit for the black beast so enjoyed learning new recovery techniques thanks to @Gaurav,  @Tbone, and @anand.

through our way out trying to extend hands to the other convoy who had a major failure in one of the cars.. countless number of refusals and stucks took place and by the time we were out @Brette’s convoy managed to safely recover it and hit the tarmac.

lots of learning and unexpected challenges .. all good to build up a more resilient offroading skills.

thanks @Tbone and @Gaurav for leading .. @anand and @luwaimn for supporting the convoy

02915FF5-398D-4BDD-A85A-4E5976BE7E76.jpeg

A2D9A2B8-E9E4-483A-8449-10DB9B9E3CE4.jpeg

3BC1A184-904A-40CE-94AE-DE20E3FE5628.jpeg

BEB3CB8D-5EE8-4CE6-88CF-101AE382CA81.jpeg

196DE612-A014-46A5-8F42-39626E037DF4.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use