•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 23 Oct 2020

Chaitanya D

Yes, superb trail @Chaitanya D!  Two weeks in a row I’ve had the benefit of being in your convoy. Yesterday was great fun. 

As always, it’s great to hear the jokes and helpful advice across the radio from @Rahimdad

As for Fhoxtrot Oscar (@Foxtrot Oscar) - thanks for managing us well at the back.....I’m sure your team could’ve done with some of that over the last week! 😉 

looking forward to catching up again soon. Have a good weekend. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

A wonderful drive with some technical areas and extended honeymoon periods (copyright @Rahimdad ) 

Thank you @Chaitanya D for all your efforts in planning the drive and leading us all through this wonderful desert.

thanks also to the rest of the convoy for the camaraderie and excellent driving .  Except for @Craig Finlayson he’s the wrong kind of Scottish 😛😅 ( FYI we support rival football teams that make up  one of the most notorious derbies in world football, ) 

some pics are in the gallery 

@Foxtrot Oscar I liked ( copyright @Rahimdad ) 👍

• Like (+1) 4

TRIP REPORT: Fabulous bunch who enjoyed – the superman style.

Thanks to everyone for being on time and getting ready for a “funtastic” day. My report comes after a perfectly etched response from @Rahimdad, and I hope I can keep you interested further to read it.

We started along the camel track, finding an easier entry through the technical area. Once in the technical area I expected some cares to find it tough going through here but only few refusals there made me realize that I had a fabulous bunch of drivers who were willing to step up if I pushed them further. We were off the technical area in quick time and onto our “honeymoon”.

One has to believe that we drove , and drove we did that the first break we took- hold on ,not a break but a pause to make sure all were enjoying was roughly at about 90 min when we were on a planer small Sabkha. That is where our “honeymoon” discussion sprung up to cheer everyone. We did innumerable ridge riding, crisscrossing and sideys, for you to have a visual feel have a look at the map  

20201024_140058.jpg.4601afb912342e8896838fe5ea346d88.jpg

The noodle like trail shows us that we drove most  of the long-range dunes which Lisaili has on offer. Everyone in the convoy drove exceptionally well, and there were hardly any radio coms while doing these. Well done everyone!

Once we cleared out longish honeymoon, we were onto another technical area where we had one pop out fixed in quick time. Everyone followed the COVID regulations and precautions during this break which was commendable how responsible you all were. After this brief interruption , we were into another area of “honeymoon” albeit a bit short as we were on time and had to look for an exit sooner considering that we almost drove for close to 4 hours and just as you all know good things always come to an end- a bit too early.

How everyone performed has been beautifully described by @Rahimdad, I concur on all. It was indeed a fabulous bunch who took every terrain and challenge thrown at them. 

@Nivin did exceptionally well as 2nd lead in his xterra, and he was your defacto leader correcting my mistakes  . Everyone in the convoy followed his tracks.

@Nizam Deen is getting more confident with his amazing prado, your car has the capability for a perfect off road trip. Well done buddy.

@jodha singh shekhawat , can say we share the same car (Xterra) and were on same terrain. You had no issues managing even in technical terrains which is great. 

@marks was my center forward in his FJC and very helpful in recovering cars with tugs, even in trcky technical terrains. You have a great attitude to help which is wonderful.

@Mehmet Volga was in the rear half of the convoy with his LWB Pajero, never really struggled . Great to see how you were handling your car on sideys and ridges. Well done .

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe with his SWB wrangler manual is showing great progress and knocking to get into the next level. I personally adore your open top SWB car which is a dreamcar to have in this weather. 

@Craig Finlayson in his LWB wrangler was again driving so well, hardly heard asking for any help/assistance. Great to have you in my convoy buddy.

@Nabil Bishara in his SWB wrangler drove well, managing all the challenges aplomb. Being towards the end of the convoy is always a challenge as you have to adjust your tracks to avoid using the churned up sand ahead, but you did well mate.

@Foxtrot Oscar was my sweep in her Xterra, always keeping the whole bunch lively with her humor and encouragement. As a lead , it takes off your burden and also makes you feel you have someone capable to handle issues if any at the back. Well done!

@Rahimdad was my flying sweep, a late addition to the drive and what a blessing to have. His presence at the back really gave me the confidence to push myself and everyone in this area where some patches are extremely technical, and baby dunes which look like a baby but for sure will suck your car like quick sand. I was able to avoid most of them, but Rahimbhais presence made me do it with ease. Thank you Superman!

Some Stats from the drive:

Ave. Moving Speed - 21.2 kmph

Max Speed - 50 Kmph

Moving time 2hr 49 min

Total time 3 hr 53 min

Distance - 59.6 Km

If you have the required number of drives and the recovery gear , please apply for your promotion to next level. We have a long weekend lined up next week and be ready on Sunday to grab your spots. Please plan well to avoid double RSVP and late dropouts. We are putting efforts together to make sure max people get onto drives in a fair way.

Enjoy your week, be ready for another adventurous weekend!

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Firstly I would like to thank Dr @Chaitanya D for letting me support his drive. Secondly the honeymoon thing was started by Dr @Chaitanya D and should be his copyright. I just used it because it was so catchy. The jokes and engagement is what keeps a drive lively. I'm so thankful for a wonderful bunch that takes a joke as a joke.

I was so excited for the drive that I woke up before 2 am, got all groomed and ready to go before realizing it was only 2 am. So went back to sleep to wake up at the first beep of the alarm. Having changed and ready at 2 am I just left with the intention of reaching early. It was such a relaxing drive to the meeting point as I was way early and nothing was going to delay me.

As I reached the meeting point around the dark end I had to be very careful as there were people and camels all around. As I reached nearer to the camel track the flood lights were on and a lot of UAE nationals nicely dressed in their kanduras. They were all preparing for the camel race which is very popular here during the cooler months.

I continued to deflate and set the flag up before I saw the the cars rolling in for the drive. So much excitement that everybody deflated and ready to hard in to what was going to be an amazing morning. After the short brief we were headed on the track to our first challenge in the technical dunes. We saw a couple of hot air balloons rise along with the morning sun to our left. As expected there were a few refusals during the first 15 minutes of entering the small technical dunes, but luckily nothing we could not manage. After a short time in the small technical dunes, we were quickly treated to our first honeymoon area.

If anyone has not attended this drive the definition of a honeymoon area are the wide open dunes where we can enjoy doing sideys, criss crossing and everything in between. I am really happy to see Dr @Chaitanya D being very focused on what to do and what to leave out. When in such an area with so many doable options it tends to confuse the lead as to which one to take. But from what I saw Dr @Chaitanya D had done his homework and was never in 2 minds about which ones he was going to do.

We had the shortest 90 minutes as we just enjoyed the amazing area and pace as time just melted away. But like nothing lasts forever honeymoon time was over and life took us through another set of small technical dunes. With just a couple of refusals and stucks we kept moving at a nice pace. We also had a pop-out, and thanks to some quick Hans we had the tire popped back in and ready to continue on another honeymoon area. Although this area was not as smooth as our first honeymoon, these were big dunes which we had an additional 30 minutes play time. The exit was not far and we managed to exit, inflate as I saw huge smiles from all to have enjoyed their start to a wonderful weekend.

My sincere thanks to Dr @Chaitanya D for allowing me to be a part of his funtastic convoy. @Nivin who was very precise with his second lead. Although not required to reroute so much, but always ready when the need arose. @Nizam Deen for handling his Prado in a very confident style and I see a huge improvement since I last saw him. @jodha singh shekhawat did wonderfully well and did not need much guidance, surely heading towards the Intermediate level.

Really sorry for @Gregory Perkin. Hope you ride gets well soon. @marks who is taking up the centre forward position as his own. First to assist and always cool, calm, collected and with a smile. Your attitude shines bright on us even before the sun comes up. @Mehmet Volga surprised me with his Pajero as it screamed its way up on the toughest and softest sand patches. Lovely to see you brimming with confidence in your Pajero and lovely to hear it roar to life. Sorry for confusing you with @Yousef Alimadadi

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe also did a fantastic job as he quietly continued to impress me with his skills. Wonderful to watch him apply the right throttle and steering control to keep the Jeep moving. My thought the tires need to be deflated further, but you still have time to experiment with lower pressure to have lesser stress on your drive terrain and Axles.

@Craig Finlayson had the biggest smile as he made his way without giving us a single chance to recover him. Definitely knocking on the doors of intermediate level. Lovely to see you take a stretched limo through this terrain. @Nabil Bishara capable, but shy. Love to see how well you handled the terrain with the exception of some finesse. The timing of leaving and applying the throttle at the right time in small technical dunes saw a hit which took the rear bumper out. Also suggest a leveling kit as the rear of your Jeep looks a bit low. It was nice to catch up with you after the drive, hope to see the more vocal side of you soon.

@Salarios we missed you too buddy, hope to catch up with you in the coming weeks. @Foxtrot Oscar was the perfect sweep with loads of enthusiasm and willingness to assist. Also she was the rose among the thorns. She is one tough lady and love to watch her conquer each and every terrain with ease, carrying everybody with her and not leaving a single soul behind. She is also a subtle comedian and keeps the drive alive with her on and off crack of a joke.

After over 12 years of being a gypsy lost in the deserts of UAE, I enjoy the company as I did on this very day. I no longer yearn to conquest the sand in which I will be buried one day. I look forward to passing on this art of off-roading and finding new friends who will say a prayer for me when I take my final bow from this worldly life. Thank you all for your friendship and love, the warmth of each prayer touches my heart.

@Rahimdad brother I always like reading your reports ، threads comments or any of your writing materials, but this one I have read it twice in a row! . And regarding the “ honeymoon “ thanks for letting us know what does it mean and to whom it’s copy right goes 👍 

you will always be the mentor of the new off-roaders like me , with respect kept to all whom I drove with so far. bless you brother 🙏🏻

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaitanya D said:

TRIP REPORT: Fabulous bunch who enjoyed – the superman style.

Thanks to everyone for being on time and getting ready for a “funtastic” day. My report comes after a perfectly etched response from @Rahimdad, and I hope I can keep you interested further to read it.

We started along the camel track, finding an easier entry through the technical area. Once in the technical area I expected some cares to find it tough going through here but only few refusals there made me realize that I had a fabulous bunch of drivers who were willing to step up if I pushed them further. We were off the technical area in quick time and onto our “honeymoon”.

One has to believe that we drove , and drove we did that the first break we took- hold on ,not a break but a pause to make sure all were enjoying was roughly at about 90 min when we were on a planer small Sabkha. That is where our “honeymoon” discussion sprung up to cheer everyone. We did innumerable ridge riding, crisscrossing and sideys, for you to have a visual feel have a look at the map  

20201024_140058.jpg.4601afb912342e8896838fe5ea346d88.jpg

The noodle like trail shows us that we drove most  of the long-range dunes which Lisaili has on offer. Everyone in the convoy drove exceptionally well, and there were hardly any radio coms while doing these. Well done everyone!

Once we cleared out longish honeymoon, we were onto another technical area where we had one pop out fixed in quick time. Everyone followed the COVID regulations and precautions during this break which was commendable how responsible you all were. After this brief interruption , we were into another area of “honeymoon” albeit a bit short as we were on time and had to look for an exit sooner considering that we almost drove for close to 4 hours and just as you all know good things always come to an end- a bit too early.

How everyone performed has been beautifully described by @Rahimdad, I conquer on all. It was indeed a fabulous bunch who took every terrain and challenge thrown at them. 

@Nivin did exceptionally well as 2nd lead in his xterra, and he was your defacto leader correcting my mistakes  . Everyone in the convoy followed his tracks.

@Nizam Deen is getting more confident with his amazing prado, your car has the capability for a perfect off road trip. Well done buddy.

@jodha singh shekhawat , can say we share the same car (Xterra) and were on same terrain. You had no issues managing even in technical terrains which is great. 

@marks was my center forward in his FJC and very helpful in recovering cars with tugs, even in trcky technical terrains. You have a great attitude to help which is wonderful.

@Mehmet Volga was in the rear half of the convoy with his LWB Pajero, never really struggled . Great to see how you were handling your car on sideys and ridges. Well done .

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe with his SWB wrangler manual is showing great progress and knocking to get into the next level. I personally adore your open top SWB car which is a dreamcar to have in this weather. 

@Craig Finlayson in his LWB wrangler was again driving so well, hardly heard asking for any help/assistance. Great to have you in my convoy buddy.

@Nabil Bishara in his SWB wrangler drove well, managing all the challenges aplomb. Being towards the end of the convoy is always a challenge as you have to adjust your tracks to avoid using the churned up sand ahead, but you did well mate.

@Foxtrot Oscar was my sweep in her Xterra, always keeping the whole bunch lively with her humor and encouragement. As a lead , it takes off your burden and also makes you feel you have someone capable to handle issues if any at the back. Well done!

@Rahimdad was my flying sweep, a late addition to the drive and what a blessing to have. His presence at the back really gave me the confidence to push myself and everyone in this area where some patches are extremely technical, and baby dunes which look like a baby but for sure will suck your car like quick sand. I was able to avoid most of them, but Rahimbhais presence made me do it with ease. Thank you Superman!

Some Stats from the drive:

Ave. Moving Speed - 21.2 kmph

Max Speed - 50 Kmph

Moving time 2hr 49 min

Total time 3 hr 53 min

Distance - 59.6 Km

If you have the required number of drives and the recovery gear , please apply for your promotion to next level. We have a long weekend lined up next week and be ready on Sunday to grab your spots. Please plan well to avoid double RSVP and late dropouts. We are putting efforts together to make sure max people get onto drives in a fair way.

Enjoy your week, be ready for another adventurous weekend!

Excellent @Chaitanya D wish to drive with you soon brother . God bless and be safe 

cheers 👍🚙🙏🏻

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Chaitanya D @Nivin @marks @Foxtrot Oscar and @Rahimdad ; this combination of leads should be followed to repeat such a wonderful experience with full of fun! thank you all and see you next drive!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use