•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 23 Oct 2020

Chaitanya D

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above 

When:  23 October 2020, Friday.

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Action Plan:  We will drive through a stretch of desert unusually visited by offroaders, where we will practice and improvise on controlled driving over technical dunes, side sloping, ridge riding and crossing (low to medium dunes), at a reasonable pace.

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/SzafZbeAVREseE4P7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 07:00 PM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Fewbie and above drivers. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 3

hello @Chaitanya D , I am not certain if I get a slot for this or am I on the waitlist. I thought I missed this yesterday when I tried to sign up hence my message to get onto the waitlist. If you confirm I am on the drive, I will vacate the newbie afternoon drive led by Gaurav as there are more people on the waitlist over there. Many thanks.

Edited by topgear
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@topgear I can see your name when I download the list of RSVP ( which you can also do from your end to check)

So please decide which drive you want to join (as you have confirmation on both)and exit the other (by clicking leave) to make space for others in waitlist.

Thanks 

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you! I will be going for this drive  

2 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

@topgear I can see your name when I download the list of RSVP ( which you can also do from your end to check)

So please decide which drive you want to join (as you have confirmation on both)and exit the other (by clicking leave) to make space for others in waitlist.

Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear friends,

@Desert Dweller, @Sinol, @Shaaz Sha, @Gok Krish, @Kailas, @Anish S, @Mukundan Nair, @Ali Abas Ali, @Ajiesh George Kannankara, @topgear and @Ilya Golubinsky

Thanks for signing on this fewbie drive in afternoon. We will venture into a less explored part of the desert through an area where we can have lot of fun albeit safely.

Drive details:

• Location – on Al Ain road exactly on other side of Lisaili. We will drive through this part if desert heading towards Lahbab and then towards Margham , finally exiting somewhere there along the road connecting Margham to Al Ain Rd or further.
  • Climate – Expect it to be warm to hot as we are starting at 3pm to make the best of day light before exit. Plan to exit before dark.(sunset 5.44pm, manageable twilight for upto 30 min more) .
  • Terrain – Small to Medium Dunes,long range, minimal plantation and bushes. Nonetheless there can be areas which will be technical needing your full attention and finesse. Considering the fewbie level of the convoy we will be going at a leisurely pace with safe sloping, ridge riding and crossing at times. There are some nice and safe play areas ,some of you have already seen . 
  • Please make sure your cars are in perfect condition as we are starting when it will be warm to hot and hence possibility of engines/transmission heating up is always there .In any case keep informed and communicate on the Radio.
  • See up close – Camel farms, Falconers, Gazelles and oryx.
  • Exit - towards Margham or Al ain road depending on the response of the convoy and how much distance we cover.

See you all on friday! Remember we plan and plans do change in the desert. 😜

Waitlist

1. Dagdag sofiane

2. Pancho

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use