•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 23 Oct 2020

Chaitanya D

Dear friends,

@Ilya Golubinsky, @Sinol, @Mukundan Nair, @Ali Abas Ali, @Ajiesh George Kannankara, @Anish S, @Gok Krish, @Kailas, @Shaaz Sha, @topgear and @Desert Dweller

Convoy List for tomorrow

image.png.c7a1295ca19195fdef54a4fdf8456a08.png@

@Ilya Golubinsky will be second lead, @Anish S will be ill be center forward, and @Desert Dweller will sweep.

We will use Chanel 4 for radio coms

See you all tomorrow at 3 pm Sharp.

Enjoy your weekend!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi all, Thank u @Chaitanya D for a smooth and superb drive. I was a bit late to reach the meeting point and thought would miss the drive, but fortunately had the contract number of @Mukundan Nair and managed to b at the spot at the last minute. Thank you @Ajiesh George Kannankarafor the help in deflation. From the start the drive was superb with some small dunes and later with some technical terrains and at last with some exciting sideys. Enjoyed the drive from start to the end. It was a drive with minimum refusals and stucks and @Desert Dweller and @Anish S cud manage them well. Once again thank you @Chaitanya D for a wonderful and memorable drive and hope to catch up in some upcoming events. Kudos guys , keep cool 👍👏👏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

First time at this desert. Amazing terrain and drive. The pace and mixture of terrain was just right for me. My son and I had a great time. Great weather is truly round the corner. Thanks to everyone especially to @Chaitanya D @Desert Dweller

I had a small issue at the end when the hose for my compressor came off after I have inflated 2 tyres. Thanks to @Shaaz Sha for his great help. Much appreciated.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Trip Report - Drive with a loopy end 

Thank you everyone for joining in for this afternoon drive starting off Al ain road to Margham on Friday. Most of you were ahead of me when I arrived to the deflation point and ready which was a great testament how you all are eager to ride on sand. We had to wait for one member who was slightly delayed but made it by the time we did briefing and started off on the pylon tracks towards Margham.

After driving few minutes on the pylon tracks, we were onto the dunes - immediately some which were nice and playable ,medium range with hard sand. We did our bit of side sloping in a safe manner one after other taking turns , and each one you impressed how well you were in control of it considering it was a fewbie drive. As you do more drives and progress further ,I am sure you will look back upon these as "very easy". 

For your information this was my first totally independent drive , and hence I was making it very sure I was not crossing any of the fenced areas and the restricted areas in this region especially where we drove on flat sand/hard mud called Sabkhas. Many of you might have wondered why I was going on flat ground when we had so many nice looking dunes around, but I hope now you are convinced with the reason.

We had to negotiate a bit of technical area which everyone of you did really well, except few refusals. Once we were clear of these obstacles and reached the bowls in Margham, we did pick up pace and did may loops - fast paced ones after the first recce for you to get a feel and on the second loop everyone did pick up pace and really did a fantastic drive. It was great to watch the whole convoy moving in unison.

By the time everyone was enjoying these loops, it was getting dark and we had to head towards exit. We took the easiest way out to reach Margham - Al Ain road and hit tarmac where we inflated and bid a bye - a short one considering its a long holiday next weekend starting Thursday.

@Ilya Golubinsky was my 2nd lead in his wrangler and a perfect job, keeping distance and minor rerouting. As you progress you will become more used to this and reroute better than the lead.

@Sinol in his Pajero LWB was driving well except for few refusals. As you do more drives you will getter better at using your gears and learn to self recover from refusals most of the times. Remember that pressing gas is not a solution to get out of refusals/stuck. Low RPM and the steering is your best friend most of the times.Well driven buddy.

@Mukundan Nair in his Xterra drove well with hardly any issues which was great. You have a great car which is a perfect offroader for any level of drive. Keep doing it and you will get more better if not the best.

@Ali Abas Ali in his 4runner was impressive with his beast. Great car which is so popular among overlanding groups ,but you drove it really well on sand. Perfect control during side slopes and in the bowls was a treat to watch.

@Ajiesh George Kannankara I started my Carnity tryst with a Y62 patrol, the only difference being it was white. Seeing many patrols coming along in the group I wonder at times if I should bring it back on sand and enjoy the comfort and space it has to offer with loads of power and torque. You drove it well, but remember to switch off some cylinders with precise pedal control and it will perform much better.

@Anish S was my center forward with his Pajero. Having driven with you many a times, your sheer presence on some drives is so reassuring that things will be taken care of even more so with your copilot being in company.Well done my friend.

@Gok Krish in his SWB Wrangler was getting a feel of the fewbie drives, and it will get more interesting ,involving and thrilling from here.You have a great car which can perform wonderfully on any terrain, well driven !

@Kailas with his pal in front, driving SWB wrangler drove confidently. After watching you in previous drives I must say you are getting better with each drive . Well done.

@Shaaz Sha was the last among the wrangler SWB bunch , driving well . In fact all the three of your riding SWB wranglers hardly had any issues which is great. Well controlled driving during the sideys and in bowls was fantastic.

@topgear with his little copilot helping during deflation and inflation ,riding his FJC enjoyed this drive doing the sideys and the tricky areas with great control. We do share a common thing that our little monsters accompany us 😜. Well driven buddy.

@Desert Dweller was our master rescuer, tugging twice when the car which was supposed to recover another car got stuck, One of them being myself. Fantastic to have your support helping everyone in the convoy, thank you.

Some Stats from the drive:

Avg Moving speed - 18.6 Kmph

Max Speed - 52.5 Kmph

Moving time - 1hr 56 min

Total time - 2hr 48 min

Total distance - 35.7 Km

Well I hope you all had a good time and will come back next weekend for another adventurous outing. Watch out for the announcements and grab your places on Sunday evening. Enjoy your week after a refreshing weekend.

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use