•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - EXPLORATION: Sand to Mountain - RAK - 24 Oct 2020

Ale Vallecchi

23 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

Ready to explore an area rarely seen before!? Do not forget to wear your adventurer's hat, as we still know very little about what we'll find in this "Sand to Mountain" drive. There are numerous trails that we'll try to follow, with occasional detours in the open terrain. Occasionally, I may have to stop the convoy and exit the car to evaluate the best route. We may either be satisfied with what we find, or disappointed, and never think of driving here again. In any case, a certain degree of uncertainty awaits us. We are planning to exit around 10:30/11:00.

Our convoy order will be the following:

@Islam Solimanwill take Second Lead position

@Syed Raza Hussain will start at #3

@Rizwan Waheed will start at #4

@Abu Muhammad will be #5

@Senthil Kumar will drive at #6

@asifk will be Center Forward

@Dagdag Sofiane will be #8

@Tero Vallas is going to be #9

@Rizwanm2 will take #10

@Biju Abdul is driving at #11, and 

@Chaitanya D will Sweep the convoy.

The meeting and deflation point is just off a small tarmac road, to the right of the main highway, leading from E611 toward Al Ghail. As there have been road works in the area, make sure you follow the signs to the new Ritz Carlton Al Wadi Desert Resort (the meeting point is on the road leading to it)

Upon arrival please tune in to Carnity Channel 2 (446.031). Make sure you arrive with as full a tank as possible, and with all the necessary gear for this driving level. Besides the compressor, this means having at least a good shovel, and possibly a kinetic recovery rope (not yet mandatory as Fewbies, but recommended)

Looking forward to seeing you Saturday morning, I wish you a nice start of the weekend.

Can I still join 

I asked earlier but didn't get any reply 😁

Thank you 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/22/2020 at 5:58 PM, Tamas Hoffmann said:

Hi Ale 

They just canceled that flight I suppose to do 

It's probably too late to try my luck again? 

Hi @Tamas Hoffmann. Sure, you can join back. See you tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mukundan Nair said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi

Dont see any chance of me moving up the waiting list. Please cancel my request.

Thanks

Hello @Mukundan Nair. You're welcome to join. Sorry for waiting so long to confirm. Please let me know if you're coming. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use