•  

The project Jeep Grand Cherokee goes on an unplanned adventure.

Rahimdad

With the project Jeep Grand Cherokee now on sale and no calls received, my friend Mohit decided to take it for a spin to test things out. This is how he spent his weekend his words.

“Trust a Jeep even if its old”

So now as the Jeep was ready, I decided to venture out with it. (I am sure you must have read my earlier post of how I rebuilt it from being garbage)

Started my day with driving towards Hatta dam, wanted to see it differently so decided to climb up the mountains in remote areas technically speaking instead of taking the exit to Hatta dam from the roundabout I decided to go straight towards the Oman border and took a deviation with no planning of streets.
Came across the remote roads and starting driving towards a cliff and to my surprise without a hassle it climbed up all the gravels, stones of course I had to make sure that I keep it real slow.

Spend some time and post enjoying the breakfast which ideally should be trekked and not driven (I managed to see the HATTA sign on mountain diagonally if that makes sense).

I decided to drive towards Al Hefaiyah Mountain Conservation Centre I took a new remote route I felt, was beautiful but a slow drive with 60-80 kmph speed limits. 
Needless to mention that I was now tempted to keep driving on every opportunity of small cliffs with this WJ and I kept doing it.
We did stop at Gardinia café and its quite nice on Kalba corniche.

As the day was still bright I headed towards Korfakhan  beach, well after the mountains it’s good to have some sea lol.

Now, the drive back to Dubai after this amazing drive in just rebuilt WJ surprised me with fuel consumption, not to sound cheap but I missed a petrol station and car showed 0km to fuel empty near Sharjah university.
Wondering how I survived without being stuck , I wondered same. On google I did manage to find a station but 3.2 kms and the car ran.

This was risky but want to ask you guys that have u driven similarly for a few kms after gas tank shows 0km or was it my sheer luck.

Overall, it was a great driving experience though it will never match the comfort of a X5 that I owned but must say wasn’t  disappointed either at least it didn’t let me down climbing.

Until, I right back for another adventure but with enough fuel.

C ya.

• Like (+1) 3

Dear @Rahimdad 

very interesting and well described outing from your friend Mohit.

There is no doubt of the capability of JGC as an off road vehicle and the newer versions run with AWD all the time in auto mode till you face an off road terrain where you have a couple of options where to stir the Nob ( Sand, mud, snow, rock ) . And this rock Option in particular Behave like a diff lock when the 4WD is on only. Its a car that I have always loved sharp and powerful ( talking about the V6 specifically ) and will never let you down as long as you are on its side and respect its power and sophisticated mode. Nevertheless in my opinion this vehicle regardless of age needs an owner to love and pamper its power and yet respect its “ shyness “! 

best of luck for your friend 

cheers 🚙😎❤️

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use