•  

Buy new tires

Jihad Hachem

Hi @Jihad Hachem. Plant of places to buy your tires. Some are available online as well. If you purchase online some dealers will also include free installation and balancing at your location. They send their truck and change the tires for you at your location.

• Like (+1) 1

Place to buy is your choice from online or from Sharjah tire market (better rate) rather than fuel station (super overpriced).

More importantly you should choose the tires as per your need that is 1) Road vs 2) Sand vs 3) Mountain and last vs 4) looks.

Plenty of buyers go with looks alone and then live with the heaviest tires, which are not good for sand (long hill climbs) and result in deafening highway noise and substantial reduced fuel mileage. Chunky and beafy tire tread looks awesome but they are too heavy and not good for sand unless you do serious power mods to push those heavy tires/axle, but they are awesome for rocks (climbing or crawling) and mud if that's what you want.

If you can share your usage, then we can advise you more better if you need help in deciding which tire you should buy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

Hi @Jihad Hachem. Plant of places to buy your tires. Some are available online as well. If you purchase online some dealers will also include free installation and balancing at your location. They send their truck and change the tires for you at your location.

Which website sells tyres online ... would definitely look up 😁

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, luwaimn said:

Which website sells tyres online ... would definitely look up 😁

image.png

• Haha (+1) 5

For the road (max comfort and best fuel mileage) and good sand performance - Michellin LTX M/S or M/S2 or Primacy SUV. I used LTX for 3 years and Emmanuel is using Primacy. LTX M/S or M/S2 are an inch better than Primacy, if you can source them. Michellin aren't good for regular rock or wadi visits, occasional use is fine.

Second option - Yokohama Geolander A/T or A/T2 - Reasonably good for on road use and best for off-road (sand) for stock cars. I am using these since last 6 years now. Geo's are fine with rock and wadi too.

Stay away from BF Goodrich, Micky Thompson and Cooper STT - These are some heaviest tire that I mentioned above. They look good but unless you have twin turbo or supercharged engine, they will reduce the sand performance substantially.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

For the road (max comfort and best fuel mileage) and good sand performance - Michellin LTX M/S or M/S2 or Primacy SUV. I used LTX for 3 years and Emmanuel is using Primacy. LTX M/S or M/S2 are an inch better than Primacy, if you can source them. Michellin aren't good for regular rock or wadi visits, occasional use is fine.

Second option - Yokohama Geolander A/T or A/T2 - Reasonably good for on road use and best for off-road (sand) for stock cars. I am using these since last 6 years now. Geo's are fine with rock and wadi too.

Stay away from BF Goodrich, Micky Thompson and Cooper STT - These are some heaviest tire that I mentioned above. They look good but unless you have twin turbo or supercharged engine, they will reduce the sand performance substantially.

Thank you @Gaurav I found this useful as I am changing the tires for my JGC too for the family 😀

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Thank you @Gaurav I found this useful as I am changing the tires for my JGC too for the family 😀

For road car, Michellin any day the best tires you can buy. Slightly expensive but worth every penny in quality, reliability and long life.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Gaurav

Are those the Yokohama tires you’re recommending? Are they the best tires for highway/sand or are the Michelins LTX better? If you were to buy new tires for my FJ Cruiser, which ones would you choose? I care about highway comfort, but I care about sand performance more; my car has a stock engine...

13381341-27C9-4F7B-9040-3C79517EDBD0.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use