•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 30 Oct 2020

Frederic

Latest Update:

As of now the drive RSVP signup is still full. However as i have noticed that @Archibald Jurdi was not able yet to signup for one single drive on the weekend, i will add him to the drive to get him to have at least one Carnity drive. Please confirm if you can make it Archibald, otherwise the spot will be given to @Ahab Shamaa

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

24 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Latest Update:

As of now the drive RSVP signup is still full. However as i have noticed that @Archibald Jurdi was not able yet to signup for one single drive on the weekend, i will add him to the drive to get him to have at least one Carnity drive. Please confirm if you can make it Archibald, otherwise the spot will be given to @Ahab Shamaa

Wow! News of the day. I confirm, I am all in. Many thanks for the opportunity.

• Like (+1) 2

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED
Please find your convoy numbering for tomorrow posted below:

image.png.97a2fbf2b4d0a8a3f7b9f7629c885d90.png

Some pointers:

1) Please be aware of our COVID rules and follow them strictly. Drivers and passengers coming out of the vehicle during inflation/deflation should wear a mask at all times. We are not allowed to socialize so we need to stay inside the vehicle during the drive.

2) Please make sure to bring your Newbie gears: A programmed radio, flag, shovel, pressure gauge and deflator. We will not be providing spare radios and will reject you from joining the drive if you do not have these items with you.

Having said that, we are having a strong convoy and excellent support. @Pancho will be our centre forward and your first help in need if there is an issue in the front of the convoy. @Foxtrot Oscar (Angela) will be sweeping our convoy and will be assisting with recoveries as well at the end of the convoy. (who ever is closest will come and assist).

Our plan is to hit all the play areas and make our way to Fossil Rock. This area is rich with vegetation and beautiful sights.

If any of you cannot make it, please inform us on the drive topic so we can try to add someone from the waiting list.

See you guys tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Nitin Mohan said:

@Frederic what radio frequency are we on tomorrow? I didn't seem to find any mention. 

Hi @Nitin Mohan we will be using Channel 4 - 446.08125 MHz 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Frederic, thank you for the lovely and challenging drive.

@Foxtrot Oscar and @Pancho thank you too for your guidance and support

@ fellow off-roaders, was a pleasure driving with you. Looking forward to more.

Have uploaded some snaps in the gallery 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Frederic - it was the most exciting drive till date. Also a big thumbs up to @Foxtrot Oscar & @Pancho for keeping the flock together. 

For interested folks these are my  trail recordings:

Gaia GPS

All Trails

9CA17740-71D1-4082-A7E4-7317B9DD86AE.JPG

8762B09C-DEDB-4DD7-88E8-8DCA71F1052F.JPG

D3476401-606F-4316-98C6-910088491F38.JPG

F44BDDC4-B405-4A2D-88D9-2BC690BA3517.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information