•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - White Sand Troika from Lisaili - Dubai - 30 Oct 2020

Chaitanya D

On 10/27/2020 at 6:21 AM, Chaitanya D said:

@Islam Soliman and @Nivin most likely you will get in as multiple spots are still open. Will confirm and add by tomorrow as per the new structure to allow max drivers to get on drives .

43 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Dear @Dr Tariq Mahmood you are not eligible to join this drive as per your level. Kindly be advised to joint drives for your level , and as you progress one day you can definitely join here. Kind regards

@Islam Soliman can you reply or confirm if you are joining this drive. Thanks

Yes @Chaitanya D

• Like (+1) 1

Well done @Chaitanya D for showing great leadership again and I am definitely joining you again for a great desert experience. @Rahimdad what a couple of PSIs can make, thanks a lot for your advice last week, should I keep going lower on the PSI?

@Lorenzo Candelpergher and @Nivin thanks for supporting the drive and see you soon!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Congratulations Dr @Chaitanya D for your first independent lead. Hope your Xterra a speedy recovery. @Lorenzo Candelpergher you are quickly building a reputation for yourself and I can see that you'll soon be leading a drive of your own. @Jorge Stepniak Felippe what tire pressure were you at this week? You can always experiment to go lower by 1 PSI, if you don't feel any difference or have a pop-out, you know 1 PSI higher is what is best for you. As an example I used to drive on 12 PSI until I was having to really push the car and still got refusals. So I went down to 11 PSI and no more refusals or having to push the car harder. So even 1 PSI makes a huge difference. I tried going down to 10 PSI without any difference felt so just stick to 11 PSI.

Keep in mind that every tire and rim has its own dynamics and just because 8 PSI suits you on BF Goodrich on 15 inch rims on your beefy tires, will not work on less beefy Yokohama Geolandar AT. So if you ever change your tires you will need to experiment before reaching your perfect score again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Congratulations Dr @Chaitanya D for your first independent lead. Hope your Xterra a speedy recovery. @Lorenzo Candelpergher you are quickly building a reputation for yourself and I can see that you'll soon be leading a drive of your own. @Jorge Stepniak Felippe what tire pressure were you at this week? You can always experiment to go lower by 1 PSI, if you don't feel any difference or have a pop-out, you know 1 PSI higher is what is best for you. As an example I used to drive on 12 PSI until I was having to really push the car and still got refusals. So I went down to 11 PSI and no more refusals or having to push the car harder. So even 1 PSI makes a huge difference. I tried going down to 10 PSI without any difference felt so just stick to 11 PSI.

Keep in mind that every tire and rim has its own dynamics and just because 8 PSI suits you on BF Goodrich on 15 inch rims on your beefy tires, will not work on less beefy Yokohama Geolandar AT. So if you ever change your tires you will need to experiment before reaching your perfect score again.

Dear @Rahimdad I used 9 PSI and will follow your suggestion

• Like (+1) 2

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe if you're comfortable at 9 PSI and felt the difference, no need to go lower. Just try a few drives at 9 PSI and make sure you are not faced with any pop-outs. You should be good at this.

• Like (+1) 2

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe please be careful about pop outs with low psi especially when u do side slope and when u ride on bushes.

As @Rahimdad mentioned keep trying till you find the perfect pressure for your vehicle tyre and your style of driving.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

57 minutes ago, Mehmet Volga said:

@Chaitanya D thank you for such a wonderful drive, i really enjoyed. Hope nothing serious with your car and you can easily fix it. See you on next drive.

Thanks @Mehmet Volga. I enjoyed driving with you too, well driven buddy.Car is fine now after changing radiator and reshaping the bracket. Just running it for few days to make sure all is well before hitting the sand again.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use