•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 29 Oct 2020

sertac

12 hours ago, sertac said:

Convoy report for the Convoy 1

First of all @Sajit Modiyil and @siddharth maheshwari didn't showed up. It is definitely not cool to not show up for the drive you signed up. @Nivin couldn`t came but at least he gave a explanation. Hopefully your car is back to business :) 

This was bit challenging. Maybe more than challenging. Actually we started very good, we drove from Nazwa to Pink rock making some sideys. Few refusals and if i am not mistaken maybe with only 1 stuck. Once we reach to the Pink Rock area we start having issues. Area was full of soft patches. Because of soft sand cars start having issues LR2 had hard time to deal with the soft sand without a low gear and Ashok`s Pajero start making a weird noise. In this point we decided to take Ashok to 2nd December cafeteria to let him exit.

While heading to 2nd December i found myself in a nasty situation. Right side of me pocket, infront of me pocket with a tree in it and my car facing to that tree. I noticed the situation at the last point and manage to stop before going in to that pocket but i wasn`t able to go back, one of my tire was up and my car was front heavy. With a brain storm with Richard and precious help from Rizwan we managed to take me out from the situation.

On the way again we had couple of stucks, which made us got slow and when we reach to the 2nd December it was already time to exit. We all inflated and exited safely.

@Rizwanm2 did very well. Thank you for being 2nd lead.

@Arda Yagcioglu had his first fewbie drive. Once you change your car it will be more easier for you.

@Ashok chaturvedi hopefully your car will not have any big issue and you will be back soon.

@Jose Martin flawless drive. Did wonderful. 

@Wrangeld Thank you so much for your support.

Thanks @sertac i will compensate on the next drive 😊. Wednesday evening had fixed an LED Bar in front and the car was not starting at the morning, replaced the battery its all ok now. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear All

thanks for helping me out when I needed to come unstuck. My old pajero was giving me power loss and some funny sound was coming from the engine.. I shall be taking it to the mechanic as quickly as possible.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/30/2020 at 9:39 AM, Sajit Modiyil said:

Hi @sertac my apologies. Wife had an accident at home and hospitalized On Wednesday night. Just got to see all the posts. 

Hi Sajith, sorry to hear that. Hopefully all will be good.

Dear @Jeepie,

Convoy 2 had a very nice and enojoyable drive on Thursday. 

Deflating before dawn with a temperature of 16°C was really a great way to start the day. 

We made it to Pink Rock rather quickly despite a couple of crested cars. Unfortunately we couldn't climb the rock itself due to challenging visibility as the top part would require driving with the sun straight in front, however driving around it from the north/east side offered an equally spectacular view of the sunrise. 

As we moved along, we enjoyed a variety of mid sized dunes, challenging enough for my passenger's stomach on his first off-road experience 😖😖

We the reached the mighty Big Red area and made a few attempts climbing up the tallest dunes, but eventually gave up as the sand was a bit too challenging for a fewbie drive, even though we had plenty of time to play up and down on a large and straigh slope on the east side. 

Everyone did well, with fairly limited stucks and refusals. I could again watch @Piotr Kolodziej in front of me and could notice a great progress since the last newbie drive where I had followed him. 

@Dagdag Sofiane was able to self recover from at least 3 nasty stucks after some serious fat-burning shoveling. No need to be anxious to get out of trouble: we are in no hurry, and getting stuck is part of the learning process, you should enjoy recoveries as well.

@Ashy was sometimes too respectful of and gentle with his throttle pedal.. The rule "Keep enough momentum" prevails on the rule "Don't use too much gas" when you want to climb up serious slopes.. That's when your can really floor it and enjoy the feeling!

@Chaitanya D at the back as sweep was a an absolute certainty. In fact he was back and front, left and right, more like a flying sweep which made my job as center forward much easier. 

Thanks @Jeepie for an impeccable and lead along a very nice route. 

See you soon in the sand again. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear @Jeepie,

Convoy 2 had a very nice and enojoyable drive on Thursday. 

Deflating before dawn with a temperature of 16°C was really a great way to start the day. 

We made it to Pink Rock rather quickly despite a couple of crested cars. Unfortunately we couldn't climb the rock itself due to challenging visibility as the top part would require driving with the sun straight in front, however driving around it from the north/east side offered an equally spectacular view of the sunrise. 

As we moved along, we enjoyed a variety of mid sized dunes, challenging enough for my passenger's stomach on his first off-road experience 😖😖

We the reached the mighty Big Red area and made a few attempts climbing up the tallest dunes, but eventually gave up as the sand was a bit too challenging for a fewbie drive, even though we had plenty of time to play up and down on a large and straigh slope on the east side. 

Everyone did well, with fairly limited stucks and refusals. I could again watch @Piotr Kolodziej in front of me and could notice a great progress since the last newbie drive where I had followed him. 

@Dagdag Sofiane was able to self recover from at least 3 nasty stucks after some serious fat-burning shoveling. No need to be anxious to get out of trouble: we are in no hurry, and getting stuck is part of the learning process, you should enjoy recoveries as well.

@Ashy was sometimes too respectful of and gentle with his throttle pedal.. The rule "Keep enough momentum" prevails on the rule "Don't use too much gas" when you want to climb up serious slopes.. That's when your can really floor it and enjoy the feeling!

@Chaitanya D at the back as sweep was a an absolute certainty. In fact he was back and front, left and right, more like a flying sweep which made my job as center forward much easier. 

Thanks @Jeepie for an impeccable and lead along a very nice route. 

See you soon in the sand again. 

Fully agree - the drive was an absolute pleasure and landscapes breathtaking.  Many thanks to @Jeepie, @Lorenzo Candelpergher and @Chaitanya D for leading the convoy smoothly through so many ridges and soft sands!  @Dagdag Sofiane, it was nice to follow you, I enjoyed our covid-friendly car-to-car talks and thanks for saving my bumper when you warned us about those scattered bricks just in time! @Lorenzo Candelpergher I hope your passenger recovered in the afternoon- it's always tricky with such long and bumpy drives if someone happens to fall sick right in the middle of the desert as there are not many options to get back to a flat surface quickly... 🥺

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Piotr Kolodziej said:

Fully agree - the drive was an absolute pleasure and landscapes breathtaking.  Many thanks to @Jeepie, @Lorenzo Candelpergher and @Chaitanya D for leading the convoy smoothly through so many ridges and soft sands!  @Dagdag Sofiane, it was nice to follow you, I enjoyed our covid-friendly car-to-car talks and thanks for saving my bumper when you warned us about those scattered bricks just in time! @Lorenzo Candelpergher I hope your passenger recovered in the afternoon- it's always tricky with such long and bumpy drives if someone happens to fall sick right in the middle of the desert as there are not many options to get back to a flat surface quickly... 🥺

Dear @Piotr Kolodziej,

He said he was OK a few mins after the end of the drive, but commented this drive was enough for his off-road experience for the next 5 years., as he is a highway guy.. In light of that I am not sure he really recovered though.. 😂 😂 😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Hi   @Piotr Kolodziej @Kailas @Ashy @Craig Finlayson @Dagdag Sofiane @Chaitanya  @Lorenzo Candelpergher   very sorry I wasn't able to write a drive report. I somehow managed to throw myself out of the off road club in carnity.  I was however able to post pictures on the gallery so I hope that made up for it a little bit. Thank you Lorenzo for basically doing it for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the drive and after giving everyone the chance to do a lot of long ridge riding in a safe area, I think you all did great. I didn't know that we had a couple of new fewbies in the convoy. Otherwise I might have toned it down a little. So you really did incredibly well. 

Thanks for the enthusiasm and see you in the desert 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Oh, and @Lorenzo Candelpergher that was also the reason why I didn't congratulate you on your promotion yet. You really deserve it and in my mind will always be the king of pop-outs

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use