•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Bab al Shams: The Secret Qudra - Dubai - 31 Oct 2020

Ale Vallecchi

7 hours ago, Tamas Hoffmann said:

HI Ale

Can you please add me to the waiting list? 

Thank you 

Hello @Tamas Hoffmann. I have added you at #2 on the WL. Thanks

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @DANIEL NOGUEIRA. You are waitlisted at #1. Thanks

Hello @syed salman raza. You are IN the drive. Can you please confirm it's OK? Thanks a lot.

Hello @syed salman raza. Can you please confirm by today at 12 Noon that you'll be joining this drive. Lacking confirmation, I will let @DANIEL NOGUEIRA in the drive in your place. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, syed salman raza said:

Iam in   for afternoon drive on 29th Oct 

Please confirm  @DANIEL NOGUEIRA in the drive in my place. Thanks a lot.

Thanks @syed salman raza. See you next time.

13 hours ago, DANIEL NOGUEIRA said:

Hello @Ale Vallecchi,  syed did not confirm. Can you confirm me ? Thanks.  

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA you are IN the drive. can you please confirm it's OK? Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Thanks @syed salman raza. See you next time.

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA you are IN the drive. can you please confirm it's OK? Thanks a lot.

Ok.... thanks 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desertnauts.

Time to get ready for tomorrow's drive.

Please make sure you show up punctually at 6:00AM sharp. Those who will be early may start to deflate, looking for a pressure of 12-13 PSI.

Once you reach the meeting and deflation point you may tune into Carnity Channel #4 (446.081).

We'll start the drive heading in an easterly direction, through a first set of tighter dunes, looking to reach quickly the long, open dunes. We'll then make our way slowly to the north-east quadrant of the Qudra basin, through a mix of long range dunes and some lower, tighter dunes (we'll try to minimize this portion), before turning back to the south-west, to approach our exit point (planned to be the same as our entry's to complete our loop) through a final ride on more long range dunes. 

The convoy order will be the following:

@Federico Galbieri will be my Second Lead

@frederic demolder in the #3 position

@Federico De Chirico in #4, completing the Fred's pack

@Sandi88 at #5

@Vinojps in place #6

@Shyam Karat at #7

@Vijaysekhar will be #8

@Aravind Padmaraju with #9

@Ahab Shamaa will wear #10

@Sandeep Padhi with #11

@Kaushal Prithwani driving at #12

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA will be driver #13, and 

@Vanessa8580 will Sweep the convoy.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow, I wish you a great evening.

• Like (+1) 4

@Ale Vallecchi and @Vanessa8580, thank you for a wonderful drive today. It was exciting, at a great pace and full of learning opportunities. 
I look forward to seeing everyone again very soon!

Ahab

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Ale Vallecchiand @Vanessa8580 for a very fun drive (with some extra fun) , very nice long range dunes for sideys and also for the "class" about crossing dunes, Crests, ridges , and some very fun criss cross.... as always the stucks are always teaching us something, how to not get or how to get out of it.... see you in the sand soon !!!

20201031_081925.jpg

20201031_082132.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi and @Vanessa8580 for todays great drive. Learnt a lot with the stucks and recoveries and also understood the purpose of the tow rope safety/ arrest. Had a great time and understood how just 2 hours of driving can heat and expand tire pressure by 3 to 4 psi.

Thanks @Vanessa8580 for the tip on staying in 2nd gear while side sloping, it certainly made for more fun!!!

See you guys soon!

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use