•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 30 Oct 2020

Tbone

Hello Everyone.. Hope all of you enjoyed the Fewbie plus drive last Friday. For me it was my first Fewbie Plus drive and I really felt the secret of why this drive been called as Fewbie Plus drive. 
@Tbone Really appreciate for taking us for a toss during the drive. It’s like you dropped us in the middle of the sea and told us to follow you 😛. Wonderful and awesome drive except some refusals. 
@Emmanuel, @Biju Abdul thanks for keeping the convoy in order and the guidance you provided during the drive. 

@Gregory Perkin As I was third in the position I could see only your talent (among all co drivers) during the drive.. you drive too well with lot of confidence  and sense which actually passed on to me to follow you quick and safe..Special thanks to you (added a picture for you).

Fortunately or unfortunately I got my first tyre pop out during the drive when I was on a slidy..I always worried always about the tire pop out during all my drives as I am driving with 12psi with normal tires on Y62. special thanks for @Emmanuel & @Tbone for the quick fix and I believe that’s an experience to learn what to do during a tyre pop out.. washing out the sand from the sides of the Rim to avoid any air gaps is something I learned during the process. After the fix everything went smooth with the car until I get back on the highway we’re I experienced severe vibration on the car when I pass 80km/hr speed . Only way was to replace the pop pout tyre with my spare tyre which help me to reach home safe with out any further  issues. I took the tyre to a repair shop and when they open the tyre there was lot of sand inside the tyre (picture) which cause the whole car unstable during the highway drive. My understanding is after every pop out we need to take that tyre to a repair shop to make sure there is no sand caught inside.😊..

@Tbone you still owe all of us the drive report.🤭

Waiting.......

A859458C-FC56-4295-9452-44F8EE36DB92.jpeg

BEA924EC-4154-4AE1-A8E3-413518628480.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Ajiesh George Kannankara I wanted to remind you before you leave to go directly, at low speed, to a tyre shop,  clean your tyre and check balancing, but you were gone when I finished inflating... 

I can’t remember which tyres you have, but wondering if 12 psi isn’t a bit low for a Y62. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Ajiesh George Kannankara said:

after every pop out we need

After every pop out you need to take the car to tyre shop and 

1. Clean the rim/tyre thoroughly and reinstall the tyre.

2. Do rebalancing of the tyre 

This will get the wheel back to normal and prevent any vibration at high speeds. 

Not sure if you have all terrain tyres , but probably the profile is low and hence not suitable for low pressures below 13 especially when doing side slope and riding on bushes . If you can get higher profile tyres (with smaller rims) it will improve your rides without a popout as you progress .

Best wishes 

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

25 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

@Ajiesh George Kannankara I wanted to remind you before you leave to go directly, at low speed, to a tyre shop,  clean your tyre and check balancing, but you were gone when I finished inflating... 

I can’t remember which tyres you have, but wondering if 12 psi isn’t a bit low for a Y62. 

@Emmanuel I was in a bit rush for some reason. Sorry about that..

It’s a learning curve for me and rest of the group who were not aware of this process. Appreciate and Thank you so much for the advise.

I am currently running with stock Tires (bridgestone). I will keep it at 15psi feom my next drive onwards..🙏

8 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

After every pop out you need to take the car to tyre shop and 

1. Clean the rim/tyre thoroughly and reinstall the tyre.

2. Do rebalancing of the tyre 

This will get the wheel back to normal and prevent any vibration at high speeds. 

Not sure if you have all terrain tyres , but probably the profile is low and hence not suitable for low pressures below 13 especially when doing side slope and riding on bushes . If you can get higher profile tyres (with smaller rims) it will improve your rides without a popout as you progress .

Best wishes 

@Chaitanya DWell Noted.. Thank you 🙏

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Ajiesh George Kannankara said:

For me it was my first Fewbie Plus drive and I really felt the secret of why this drive been called as Fewbie Plus drive. 

I have the Dejavu that it’s something like “intermediate minor” ... there is only one way to be certain if I am not wrong is to get the intermediate proper !

• Haha (+1) 4

@Ajiesh George Kannankara don't go to 15 PSI immediately. As Dr @Chaitanya D advised try 13 PSI if no pop out than that's the pressure for you with your current setup. 15 PSI is ok for newbie or Fewbie drives but a bit high at this level.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

13 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Ajiesh George Kannankara don't go to 15 PSI immediately. As Dr @Chaitanya D advised try 13 PSI if no pop out than that's the pressure for you with your current setup. 15 PSI is ok for newbie or Fewbie drives but a bit high at this level.

Agree with this gradual going down with PSI till beyond that it’s no longer effective and the risk of pop out the tire especially upon sudden blip detour is becoming inevitable 

Personally I started like that ( same high profile Yokohama geolander A/T ) 

15 PSI first and second newbie 

14 third

13 4th

12 5th

12 first fewbie 

11.5 second third and 4th fewbie 

let’s see Friday I will drop it to 11 PSI and compare to last week 

p.s : I notice that struggle is less however I am concerned about the siddies especially in the moment of correcting fishtailing that sometimes happens 

please note that the above figures are solely personal upon practice with my own car and not necessary to hold true for some another vehicle .

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use