•  
Advertise here

LED Light bar questions

2 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

But be aware most of the designs and especially side shooters ( flood type with 6LED and 6 small side led) are out of stock with Tobys.

Winter and off road season has kicked in!

You can try the Toby shop in Deira near Naif market. The prices are a bit cheaper and when Toby Dragon Mart didn't have it in stock I could find it in Deira. The only issue is no parking.

• Like (+1) 5

If I recall correctly, the FJ has a roof rack that is slightly shifted to the back.  I think that if you use that rack to set the lights, your roof will create a shadow that will prevent the bright on your Bonet......

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, topgear said:

Do such additional led lights or roof bar require special approval from RTA or police?

No. Having said that you are not permitted to use them on the road. And during the annual passing you will have to cover them with a rexin cover or a black tape. Alternatively you can just remove them and get the car passed.

• Like (+1) 5

10 hours ago, topgear said:

Do such additional led lights or roof bar require special approval from RTA or police?

I just passed the RTA with the lights uncovered in place and there was no comment.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

19 hours ago, Alexander Alcala said:

If I recall correctly, the FJ has a roof rack that is slightly shifted to the back.  I think that if you use that rack to set the lights, your roof will create a shadow that will prevent the bright on your Bonet......

You are right it will avoid light reflecting on hood but the shadow on roof will block the performance of your light to travel. I had a similar setup but after shifting it to the front below the grill i felt the difference.

• Like (+1) 4

I have two sets.  One of five round lamps on the roof, for extended light when driving alone or in front of the group with spot long range configuration, and three round lights on the front of the grill with flood configuration.  

When I need to light the road immediately in front of me I just use the one in the front.  When I need to look further to navigate I use the one on top of the roof.  And when I just want a lot of light I turn all the lights on, jajajaja

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Alexander Alcala said:

I have two sets.  One of five round lamps on the roof, for extended light when driving alone or in front of the group with spot long range configuration, and three round lights on the front of the grill with flood configuration.  

When I need to light the road immediately in front of me I just use the one in the front.  When I need to look further to navigate I use the one on top of the roof.  And when I just want a lot of light I turn all the lights on, jajajaja

and when you go to sleep don't forget to turn off the light  😆

• Haha (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."