•  
Advertise here

LED Light bar questions

AHHHHHH, And I forgot to mention the two lights on the A Pilars that allow me to look to the sides (in diagonal).  Those actually saved me once from a horse that jumped in front of me from behind a tree in the middle of the night.  If it weren't for those lights I might have had a nasty accident.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Hardik Mody said:

To install the 22" light Bar on roof, any suggestions with these Magnetic Mounts.??  Is it reliable.??

image.png.a891e46ee211c596409a25ea3b418727.png

Yes they are very strong, i had similar ones.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I'm using a magnetic mount for the flag pole and so far that was the best choice I made. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Where can I find  it locally.??    On Amazon its all international Shipping.. will take 10-14 days to reach UAE..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hardik Mody said:

Where can I find  it locally.??    On Amazon its all international Shipping.. will take 10-14 days to reach UAE..

I found mine in an accessories shop in the naif area

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Hardik Mody they are good for up to some speed. My magnetic flag pole dropped down with the flag on to the body at speed exceeding 120km/hr. The drag of the flag surely over powered the magnetic force which holds it up to the body. For the flag its ok as we don't do that speed during our desert drive and its super easy to stick it on and take it off when needed. For the LED light the drag of the light will be more and I'm not sure it will hold up. Better to have a permanent fixture using a bracket and nuts to secure your light. Moreover someone can easily flick your LED light when you are not around. It will be difficult to connect and reconnect the wiring harness also when you need to remove the light. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi guys: just an update on my initial question. So I installed this nice LED bar. Light is great, both front and sides. There is NO glare at all from the hood.

But...

It does make sound🙁🙁. Between 20-80 km/h there is a whistle kind of high pitched noise. 80-130 there is more “normal” wind noise. Above that, the entire roof has a slight vibration/noise. So not at all perfect. Right now I can stand it. If the radio is on, it doesn’t bother me. But it is definitely all about expectations: I did not expect it to sound THIS much. I am thinking either to remove it later or try to install a wind deflector behind the bar...I don’t really know...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Make a rexin cover and cover the light including the side brackets then there will be no noise (whistle) and plus you will need that cover for RTA passing anyways.

Any upholstery shop can fabricate custom size cover in 30 mins for 50 dhs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.