•  
Advertise here

LED Light bar questions

2 hours ago, Srikumar said:

The real reason is that a Jeep either way makes so much noise, that you wouldn't be able to hear the LED bar whistling noise anymore 😄

Hahaha..... Those who aim for the sky don't worry about roaring clouds...😀😄😄😀😀😎😎

• Like (+1) 2

@Chaitanya D I have seen some FJs placing a LED bar at the gap but I would not recommend it esp since we drive at the desert. 

As pointed out by a few others, there are other spots , front bumper, roof or bottom of the A pillar and the wind noise would be a minor inconvenience  😄

• Like (+1) 2

Hi guys! I started this thread a while ago. Got mixed info. I was worried about 2 things with extra lights: glare and sound. I now got myself a ledbar. Glare is not a problem at all.

But...sound is. I was surprized how much noise it makes. Part of the problem disappeared when I got a leather cover, and up to 120km/h it’s ok. Above that the sound is clearly heard, and there are some vibrations in the roof.

Tested the light during a drive with @Chaitanyarecently, and it is very good.  But I am honestly not 100% happy with the noise...

Putting a light in the smaller grill on the hood is too small for good light. 

9179474E-C259-473A-B664-0AEC4A0C6EAE.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

Dear All, 

I have the following lights with me

3 Pcs - 5 inch Led laser spot - 1500 Meters coverage -14000 LM - 50W-50000 hrs  

7 Pcs - 5 inch Led spot combo - 750 Meters coverage -12000 LM - 40W-50000 hrs 

3 Pcs - 20 inch Led bar - coverage not sure -42000 LM - 420W-30000 hrs 

I am installing this for night drive and most importantly for camping.

This is how i have planned for installing with 8 Gang switch control.

image.jpeg.9ea45a931471f05782da9db0cb219028.jpeg
Kindly let me know if this design install will look good and cover well or can be fit in much better way, looking for your suggestions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

41 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

Dear All, 

I have the following lights with me

3 Pcs - 5 inch Led laser spot - 1500 Meters coverage -14000 LM - 50W-50000 hrs  

7 Pcs - 5 inch Led spot combo - 750 Meters coverage -12000 LM - 40W-50000 hrs 

3 Pcs - 20 inch Led bar - coverage not sure -42000 LM - 420W-30000 hrs 

I am installing this for night drive and most importantly for camping.

This is how i have planned for installing with 8 Gang switch control.

image.jpeg.9ea45a931471f05782da9db0cb219028.jpeg
Kindly let me know if this design install will look good and cover well or can be fit in much better way, looking for your suggestions.

This would be good for a Iftar party in desert...awesome ..looking forward for being on same night drive (don't think it would be night anymore though)...👍

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

You have not left any part of the car 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

@Lakshmi Narasimhan if camping you may in the future want a side awning or roof top tent with ladder, etc.   If so the side lights may end up becoming redundant or get in the way?

maybe an option is to run the light bars side by side on the front (2 light vs 5 light install and wiring work?) 

Either way, if you can avoid drilling into the body work to do the roof install (install on a roof rack instead) you can then relatively easily play around with the configuration.  As per above, roof mounted lighting requires some extra consideration for wiring so maybe less (but bigger) is atleast easier than more and smaller?

this comes from a man with zero experience and only YouTube as his council so feel free to scrap my input :) 

• Like (+1) 1