•  
Advertise here

LED Light bar questions

1 minute ago, Niki Patel said:

Either way, if you can avoid drilling into the body work to do the roof install (install on a roof rack instead) you can then relatively easily play around with the configuration.

Yes I am installing roof rack, I forgot to mention that.

Since my parents and relatives are lined up for Dubai visit, I have gone for bigger tent. 

I am getting lights from China,  shipping free of cost through a customer and Installation is little cheaper and one time, it didn't hurt me a lot. I am considering to remove   lights when not required to avoid noise, drag etc after going through all the post

Thanks for your suggestion and reminding me about longer cables.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

am getting lights from China,  shipping free of cost through a customer and Installation is little cheaper and one time, it didn't hurt me a lot. I am considering to remove   lights when not required to avoid noise, drag etc 

This gives you license and freedom to experiment :)  

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Niki Patel said:

maybe an option is to run the light bars side by side on the front (2 light vs 5 light install and wiring work?) 

I agree with this as you need as max light (watt and lumen) as possible in front for driving.

Side shooters are good for small range and you can add two more spot on front bumper left and right (optional) along with hood left and right (plenty).

I would remove the light from front grill, to not to block air flow.

Last but not least upgrade to higher amp battery and alternator.

image.png

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

53 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I agree with this as you need as max light (watt and lumen) as possible in front for driving.

Side shooters are good for small range and you can add two more spot on front bumper left and right (optional) along with hood left and right (plenty).

I would remove the light from front grill, to not to block air flow.

Last but not least upgrade to higher amp battery and alternator.

image.png

Thanks for the suggestion.

167D8E59-E03A-4CEE-BE57-1A1587A26DCC.jpeg

96BDF240-4DB0-4F10-BA46-830B9D91D356.jpeg

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
Correction

47 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

Thanks for the suggestion.

167D8E59-E03A-4CEE-BE57-1A1587A26DCC.jpeg

96BDF240-4DB0-4F10-BA46-830B9D91D356.jpeg

Please discard the above pics, here is my front view where to fit the lights on front bumper sides

5D6574B3-AC3B-4087-B537-B7C4115854BD.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Last but not least upgrade to higher amp battery and alternator

I totally forgot this aspect! Thats the reason need to take suggestion from experts. If I add auxiliary battery will that be fine?

5 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

I totally forgot this aspect! Thats the reason need to take suggestion from experts. If I add auxiliary battery will that be fine?

Do you have warranty on your car? If yes I wouldn't touch any of the electricals on the car...

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Pacific thanks for sharing the pics, jeep always has many way to modify and urs looks good. As @Gaurav , @Niki Patelsuggested i don’t want to block the air. I will ask guys to fit on the sides some how.

Just now, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

Do you have warranty on your car? If yes I wouldn't touch any of the electricals on the car...

Yes, but adding auxiliary battery will void warranty?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

This would be good for a Iftar party in desert...awesome ..looking forward for being on same night drive (don't think it would be night anymore 

With all these lights maybe a second battery should be installed... :-)

• Like (+1) 1