•  
Advertise here

Automatic tire deflators

Piotr Kolodziej

Do they work?  Sounds like we can all save 15min each time we gather - it says you can pre-set tire pressure so I picture a scenario when we just plug, sip our coffees and chat (at a covid19 friendly distance) whilst all tires are getting deflated simultaneously:

https://www.amazon.ae/Universal-off-Road-Automatic-Deflators-Adjustable/dp/B083K63RN4/ref=pd_aw_sbs_263_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B083K63RN4&pd_rd_r=2980db03-76e0-4ddf-864f-8a01d0d5f1bb&pd_rd_w=gsbSp&pd_rd_wg=co48m&pf_rd_p=ec7a9258-52a4-404c-8e1e-9759e25c37c7&pf_rd_r=9RKFAS4J6QPD3HV55PF3&psc=1&refRID=NQ52R7FG17C52MN57EZ2

On a related note, one gentleman on yesterday's drive was informing the group of his tire pressure dropping to 9.  How do we monitor this real time - any reliable sensors we can also order on amazon or noon?

• Like (+1) 3

If you use the stem removal tool, you would deflate all 4 tyres in less than 4 minutes.

The link that you have posted needs to be properly calibrated and from what I have heard that after a couple of times of usage, people stopped using it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

15 hours ago, Piotr Kolodziej said:

How do we monitor this real time - any reliable sensors we can also order on amazon or noon?

Cheapest way is to keep checking the pressure when u take a break, the least one can do is visually inspecting if the tire has flattened out more. Remember in off roading that car is taking lot of bumps and any delicate electronic is bound to fail quickly. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I quite agree that these set of 4 gadgets are non reliable and drivers need to recheck and calibrate again and again making them useless. I always have an issue with the sand getting into the valves and my carelessness on Thursday of not washing the threads of both tyre and the deflators caused me a lot of headache where there was tiny leak in the tyre valves the air was escaping minutely and two tyre was near deflated. Also, my electronic air pressure gauge was giving errors too showing wrong pressure so I while inflating the tyre and not bothering or holding up the convoy, I used my eyes to visualise the tyre pressure and made it even worse. So I now strongly wish to adhere to the fact that back up set is absolutely required and also regardless that you do not wish to hold up the convoy, it is far better to do so than getting stuck in the sand. My visual fluctuation was +- 10 PSI (???)

• Like (+1) 1

• 6 months later...

@Ashok chaturvedi I have done 4 drives now using the automatic tire deflator which I bought from AOR. It works pretty well. What I do though is set the deflating pressure at around 15psi. Which means I still walk around after the deflation to reduce it to 13 or 14 psi manually. All in all it takes a combined time of 3-4 mins . I use the deflation time to fix my flag pole.  All this tome can be saved if we arrive 10mins early. However it is extremely convenient for me personally. Now I will have to do a few more drives to check the durability. 

Important Information

Terms of use