•  

COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 06 Nov 2020

Srikumar

@Jordan Cope @Issam Al Najm @varunmehndiratta @Mohammed Razeen @Prabuddha Madusanka @imranaasghar81 @Storm Gretton @vinob NAMBIAR

As we are about 12 hours from the start of the drive, here is a brief of what we plan to do tomorrow:

PREPARATION FOR THE DRIVE AND WHAT TO EXPECT

1) Please ensure that you reach the meeting point on time, i.e., 6:00 AM sharp. A little early would be better. If you are late, you would be left behind.

2) The senior members on the drive are me and @Chaitanya D

3) Please spend 15 minutes of undivided attention to go through the Absolute Newbie briefing Video. This is absolutely necessary for the safety of you and your vehicle before your first offroad adventure. 

4) For those who have radios, you can program them to the Carnity Frequency using the guidelines provided in the below post. If you dont have a radio, we shall provide you with a spare radio during the drive. We will be using Carnity Channel 3 tomorrow. (446.05625 Mhz). The instructions to program the radio are provided in the below post 

5) All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. If it requires pulling the fuse, please do the needful. Incase of any queries you can always ask the senior members before the drive or better still, post your queries on this drive post and we would assist. 

6) Please bring a pressure gauge and deflator as a minimum. If you dont have a deflator you could use your key or a screw driver. Deflate to 15 psi. Incase if you have any difficulties you can approach the senior members before the drive who would assist you. 

7) Feel free to ask questions at any time. 

😎 Convoy Numbering will be posted after 7 pm today evening. 

We shall be starting the drive from close to Hamari Well, and enter the desert through some nice easy tracks and dunes so that you can get familiar with your vehicle. As the convoy's confidence increases I shall be gradually increasing the level of the drive always keeping in mind everyone's comfort level. We will be driving for about 3 hours practicing driving in sand, proper steering control, crossing some dunes, and getting you and your vehicle accustomed to off-roading in general. 

By 10:00 am we will be heading out towards the Qudra parking, where you can inflate the tyres with your compressor or at the Last Exit gas station. We shall have a debriefing session to get your feedback about your experience. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Storm Gretton said:

I have a tc button on my jeep do i still need to pull a fuse?

Nope for this drive, but in future if traction still interfere in fewbie or Intermediate level drives, then yes you should try that option.

As TC button disable traction to some extent (depending on diff manufacturers) but not 100% off (for critical safety reasons).

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Srikumar hello man , by mistake i pressed  the manage option. 🙂By the way i had a friend who tried to join tomorrow in this absolute newbie drive. But her RSVP attemps were unsuccessful. She is already registered as member. Already tried many attempts to book . Can we help her? Her name is Kylie Barrameda. 

thanks

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Jun Zamora said:

@Srikumar hello man , by mistake i pressed  the manage option. 🙂By the way i had a friend who tried to join tomorrow in this absolute newbie drive. But her RSVP attemps were unsuccessful. She is already registered as member. Already tried many attempts to book . Can we help her? Her name is Kylie Barrameda. 

thanks

She should join off-road club to be able to RSVP drives.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Convoy Numbering

1. Srikumar - Cherokee XJ

2. Jordan Cope - Pajero

3. Vinob - JGC

4. Kaile - Wrangler

5. Storm - Wrangler

6. Prabudda - Xterra

7. Mohammed - FJC

8. Imran - FJC

9. Varun - Wrangler

10. Hazem - Dodge Ram

11. Chaitanya - Xterra

See you tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@HAZEM.Ali welcome to Carnity Off-road Club.

Please ensure that you go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing Video mentioned in the original post.

Also please confirm that you have proper tow points at the front and rear of your RAM and NOT just a tow ball. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

She should join off-road club to be able to RSVP drives.

Thanks Gaurav,

We were able to fix the issue and she is now part of the convoy list. Thanks again!

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use