•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa to Qudra: "100 Km CHALLANGE, The Sequel" - 6 Nov 2020

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above

When:  6 November 2020, Friday

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (Sharp - without any exceptions)

Action Plan: this should be a fast paced, long-range drive, planning to go from A to B with as much determination as possible, covering the areas of Faqa, Little Sweihan, Bab al Shams and Qudra proper. Our goal is to beat the 104Km mark established with the first 100 Km Challenge.

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/yvfuyKfWguxpPhEk9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

End Point: Qudra Lakes

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 8 Members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nabil Bishara said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi . Unfortunately, I just heard that my car will not be ready by Friday so I have to cancel but I will likely join as a passenger so I don’t miss it (even if I am not driving). Thanks, Nabil

Hello @Nabil Bishara. Thanks for informing. See you Friday.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 11:04 PM, Gregory Perkin said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi

Could you add me to the wait list please?

Greg

Hello @Gregory Perkin. You are IN this drive. Please confirm it's OK. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Ale Vallecchi et all fellow Carnities .. sadly I will have to drop out of this drive due to travel.. leaving it to the lucky #1 on WL

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi et all fellow Carnities .. sadly I will have to drop out of this drive due to travel.. leaving it to the lucky #1 on WL

Hello @Islam Soliman. Thanks for informing. Safe travels, and see you soon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts.

Time to get ready for tomorrow's drive.

Meeting time is confirmed at 6:00AM, on a sabkha adjacent to the tarmac road leading off to the right from the Dubai-Al Ain highway. Make sure that you do not reach Faqa town (it's happened before to sleepy drivers), but please pay attention to your Google Map's directions, and leave the highway at the exit before Faqa Town. It will then be a few kilometers before you'll reach the marked meeting/deflation point. The road is dark, and seemingly leading nowhere, but it'll be the right road.

Given that the convoy is made up by a fair number of newly promoted Intermediates, we'll start as leisurely as possible, in an area with wide open dunes, where we'll be able to warm up to the more challenging parts of the drive, coming up during the second and fourth hour in the planned itinerary.

The convoy numbering will be as follows:

@Janarthan in Second Lead

@Mehmet Volga will line-up at #3

@Biju Abdul at #4

@marks in position #5

@Gregory Perkin will be #6

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe at #7, and

@Nivin will sweep the group.

Once arrived at the meeting place, please deflate to about 12 PSI. We'll check the pressure again toward the middle of the drive, before entering the dune canyons of Little Sweihan. Also, please tune into Carnity Channel 2 (446.031).

Have a nice rest, in preparation for this ling-range marathon, and see you all tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use