•  
Advertise here

Pajero - Engine oil leak- Engine Rear oil seal replacement labour charges

RohanH

Hello Everyone,

Pajero has little engine oil leak and garage has asked to change the engine real oil seal. Seal price is around 75 aed, original in umm ramool spare part shop. Garage has given quotation of around 2000 AED and saying need to remove gear box as well thats why it will take lot of time thats why labour charge is high.

Please advise is this right or is there any other solution.

• Like (+1) 1

If you are referring to the main seal between the engine and the gear box then yes the labor charges would definitely be more higher than the original seal from Mitsubishi. But from what I faintly recollect it should not be more than aed 300 - 400 and it's not more than a 3-4 hours job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

If you are referring to the main seal between the engine and the gear box then yes the labor charges would definitely be more higher than the original seal from Mitsubishi. But from what I faintly recollect it should not be more than aed 300 - 400 and it's not more than a 3-4 hours job. 

Thanks @Srikumar 

• Like (+1) 1

2000 WTF! Do you walk around with heavy gold chains around your neck wearing diamond encrusted watches that the garage is asking 2000.

Yes the gearbox needs to be detached but still 2000 is waaaaay too mich.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

For my Pajero I have been quoted 600-700 from couple of random shops in ras al khor.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 6 months later...

Got the same problem and this was noted in the Registration test and failed it because of this and engine mount crack. The unfortunate thing is I had the vehicle serviced by a garage less than a week back and a major service for timing belt done about a quarter ago and they did not identify the problem, eventually they quoted about 2000 AED for parts and effort!  Have found a different mechanic who quote 650 for the effort and 70 for the seal and 440 for the pair of engine mounts, also getting the gearbox mount replaced as they are going to be working on the gearbox about 195. 

Any other suggestions on checking/replacing any part in the same effort besides the seal and GB mount. 

Will update the progress