•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 06 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (All Level)

When: 06 Nov 2020, Friday.

Meeting time: 06:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/ig4VJTHWRh9hyxSa6 (Mahafiz Tree Shade)

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 15 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • 1 Lead Marshal + 2 or 1 Senior Members + 12 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Good Morning Fossil Rockers, 

@Ahab Shamaa @Nithin Vaidir @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Ranjan Das @Sai Baskaran @Sandeep Padhi @Luca Bregni @Sharooq Fassul @Vinojps @syed salman raza @Federico Galbieri

Fossil Rock represents a number of opportunities and experiences for the Newbie. There are multiple 'play' areas where we can practice soem new skills, there are technical dunes that will catch out the unaware and at the end of the drive the Fossil Rock climb and descent - a sort of Newbie initiation and thrill that everyone needs to experience (again and again!).

The drive will end at an Adnoc station, so having a compressor is not compulsory - but having a Flag, a deflator and guage and working radio (that means that it is programmed and fully charged before we leave) is. Second thing to be very careful about is that your car is 'sandworthy'. Your towpoints need to be in good condition, your car well maintained and with all the fluids checked. 

Finally, be on time - as anyone who knows my drives will tell, you: I leave on time! If you are not there and ready to go when we are supposed to be leaving, no apologies: we will be under way. 

There will be a more detailed per-brief on the drive later in the week. If for any reason you already know you cannot attend, despite having signed up, please let me know ASAP. We do not yet have a waitlist, but there are always drivers that will fill your spot if you cannot make it for any reason. 

See you soon in the sand

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi @Wrangeld, thanks for your msg. Some small clarification, what does sandworthy car means??

I’m  driving wrangler, which must ok I guess. Can you please clarify.

Edited by Vinojps
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Vinojps said:

Hi @Wrangeld, thanks for your msg. Some small clarification, what does sandworthy car means??

I’m  driving wrangler, which must ok I guess. Can you please clarify.

Hi @Vinojps sandworthy means that even if it's a 4x4, it is prepared properly for our drives e.g. Tow hooks front and back, all the fluids are filled before the drive. Flag and pole. 

Your Wrangler should be totally fine - but please do check out the videos above to make sure that everything is exactly as it should be. 

Thanks for asking and making sure. 

Richard 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Good Morning Fossil Rockers, 

@Ahab Shamaa @Nithin Vaidir @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Ranjan Das @Sai Baskaran @Sandeep Padhi @Luca Bregni @Sharooq Fassul @Vinojps @syed salman raza @Federico Galbieri

Two days to go: 

What to Expect?: Steep descents (down the slipface of dunes), playtime - there are noce big dunes to practice some skills, technical dunes - essential learning for any off roader and a big climb. 

If you never drove at Fossil Rock before it has a bit of an initiation for the Newbie, with a hill climb (where you will have to push your pedal to the metal like you probably never did before) and a descent over the other side, which looks a little daunting for the Newbie who has never done it and is addictive for those of us who have been 'over the rock' before. 

In between, lots of dunes on which to play, lots of going up and over and across the dunes, lots of fun and excitement. 

If you are on your 4th or 5th Newbie, then use this drive to hone and practice your skills.You will need them if you are pushing on the door of promotion to Fewbie level. 

We will be supported by one of our newly promoted Advance drivers @Lorenzo Candelpergher on this drive. He is an excellent example of a driver who started his experience with Carnity only a few months ago and has very quickly advanced (no pun intended) through the ranks. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bhaskar said:

Hi @Wrangeld, can you please add me to the wait list for this drive?

Thanks! 

@Bhaskar it's your lucky day. there is one space free on the drive. I added you to the list and we will see you Friday morning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use