•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 06 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

Thank you @Wrangeld and @Lorenzo Candelpergher for this wonderful drive. The description of each driver is not very easy to provide , but you @Wrangelddid a great job with the details. Have a good week ahead .

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you @Wrangeld for your review and for leading the group into so much fun and challenges!

Thank you @Lorenzo Candelpergher for following and taking care of the convoy in such an efficient and outstanding way!

I had so much fun! Everything was just perfect, and I fell in love with Fossil Rock!

Looking forward to the next trip with you guys!!

17D6E8C0-0106-4B62-9E8C-3A6F2D39364F.jpeg

093ADC37-2442-47E9-9953-99E4B39BC0C9.jpeg

56853036-1EAD-4191-B502-A0DE7BB010B2.jpeg

B850768A-90A8-4DA1-A887-CA3EA84591C6.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear @Wrangeld,

This was really a nice newbie drive, with most of the time spent driving and fairly limited idle time due to stucks or recoveries. 

We started quickly as everyone diligently and timely deflated and mounted their flag, so we could enjoy the sunset in our faces as we marched east. 

For the better part of the drive the convoy did pretty well with no stucks and very few refusals, which were promptly recovered, so we had a very good driving pace and made it quickly to the Long Dune play area. 

It was only then, as we started approaching Fossil Rock, that things started to get challenging. 

First we found ourselves with @syed salman raza and @Luca Bregni (mind the flag!!!) trapped in a nasty bowl which required multiple attempts and a heavy foot to climb out, not forgetting to disengage traction control in the 1st place.. 

I could closely watch the last few cars in the convoy: @Sharooq Fassul, @Nithin Vaidir and @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ. All three had a few refusals but stayed cool enough to correctly follow my instructions, eventually self-recovering brilliantly. To all three my advice is to be less hesitant and maintain more momentum until you have reached the top (and sometimes event then, if needed). 

Then, just when adrenaline was starting to pump in the anticipation of the final ascent to Fossil Rock, the convoy split in two parts as we had to deal with the recovery of @Sai Baskaran whose car was stuck in a nasty pocket.

After rerouting to join the first cars in the convoy we spent a couple of awkward minutes counting and recounting our cars to make sure no one had been missed, then we floored our throttle pedal on the way up to Fossil Rock. 

My first descent from thr rock, as a Newbie, was on May 29th. It sounds like ages ago when @Wrangeldchecked if I was in 4LO and 1st gear with my seatbelt on.. I can't quite believe just 5 months later I was the one carrying out the same check while sending the cars down one by one as the convoy's sweep.

@Ahab Shamaa broke the ice, being the 1st to descend after the Lead, but kept himself toghether and went down as if on silk. All the others who followed (and especially the intrepid @Magdy Zahran, @Ranjan Das, @Federico Galbieri and @Sandeep Padhi) did very well and I'm sure enjoyed every bit of the experience. 

Kudos to all and see you next time in the sand.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Wrangeld & @Lorenzo Candelpergher for excellent support, guidance and advice throughout the drive. Amazing learning experience for me. I am improving my skill sets slowly but surely. The descent from Fossil Rock which initially was seemingly impossible, with your guidance was well executed and whole lot of fun. Gives more confidence on the capabilities of 4X4 vehicles. Looking forward to my next drive with Carnity so very much. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use