•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 06 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

5 hours ago, Nithin Vaidir said:

Hi @Wrangled is there a reading material abut the terrain in fossil rock ? 

Shouldn’t radio frequency should 446.03125 ??🤔

My dislexia strikes again. Channel 2

• Like (+1) 1

Super Awesome ride @Wrangeld and @Lorenzo Candelpergher

I assumed you were doing an elaborate prank when you were briefing us on how to tackle the slip face of of fossil rock.  But what an incredible way to come down. 

Really enjoyed the ride. Looking forward for the next  drive 🚗 .

@Lorenzo Candelpergher thank you so much for the tug out of that nasty pocket.

20201106_100226.jpg

20201106_092634.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Wrangeld the most adventurous drive till date for me with Carnity. Thank you for leading the way and offering us the opportunity.

@Lorenzo Candelpergher thank you for being there, for your guidance and leadership.

@fellow fossil rockers - it was a pleasure driving with all of you, once again. Thank you.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

If I had only one word to describe this drive, wow! would be the word 😀

Amazing scenery, commendable team work, and great leadership in the front and sweep positions. 
I learned some valuable lessons today, and I’m sure the same goes for my fellow drivers.
Thank you all for the company, and a special thanks goes out to @Wrangeld and @Lorenzo Candelpergher for keeping the herd safe and in check 😘

See ya’ll on the sand real soon!

Ahab

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

This was a very meaningful drive . Excellent transition from sand to rock and a feeling of achieving something special. Wouldn’t have been possible without support from @Wrangeld and @Lorenzo Candelpergher who lead us and had our backs with a calm and composed mind. This drive will be in my memory for ever. Hope the same for all my fellow fossil rockers . Looking forward to many more. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Today’s drive was an epitome of Thrill and Adventure. We came across many breathtaking sceneries which allowed us to truly embrace the beauty of the desert. We really tested our car’s limits going up the Fossil Rock and then found ourselves doing a steep decent that required a lot of patience (An unexpected thrilling experience)

Thanks @Wrangeld for being an excellent lead and for making sure that we were able to make the most out of today’s drive.

@Lorenzo Candelpergher truly showcased his skills and experience by being an amazing support, making sure the tail of the convoy remained in order. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Interpid Fossil Rockers

I was asked more than once if the Fossil Rock decsent is Newbie level today. Truth is that is can be and sometimes it is harder than others. Today was one of those where it was a little more challenging. Normally there is quite a lot of sand to protect any small arroers of judgment at the top and today it was all steps and rock - so brilliantly done everyone: I would never have decided to go with this if the standard of the driving elading up to the Rock had not been so good. 

@Ahab Shamaa did an excellent job in 2nd lead for the first time. It's a responsibility to follow the lead and change course where needed and I was delighted to see how you handled this role excellently.

@Magdy Zahran - your enthusiasm was infectious! Really great to have you on the drive and good to see that you understand the potential of your car. 

@syed salman raza when the car works, you are really getting to grips with it. You do need to sort out the reliability as the low fule moment was a real concern and we nearly had to let you exit early because of it. We all know you are comitted and enthusastic and admire it, but the car needs to be up to your standard of driving as well. 

@Luca Bregni big lesson of the day ... I think you will never forget that button ever again!

@Sai Baskaran glad you enjoyed it and it amuses me to think that I was going to play a practical joke on you. I knew you could make it. 

@Ranjan Das same for you. You are getting better and better each drive. Keep it up. 

@Federico Galbieri you understand what you jeep can do and are silently and effectively honing that skill. 

@Sandeep Padhi well done controlling the electrics on your car. it has great capabilities - but not all of them are really designed for the sandso keep on learning these rules. 

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ second time out in the Wrangler - you still need to understand the use of the power a bit better. But great drive today. 

@Nithin Vaidir the LC is a difficult beast to tame. You are getting there and need to be a little less tentative from time to time. 

@Sharooq Fassul I know that Lorenzo had you in his eyes the whole trip and from what i could hear, a little more gas from time to time would be good. 

What's next? Keep driving with the same passion you showed this week. Newbie time is not about scaling the highest highs or crossing the most comlex dunes (that comes later) it's about learning the art of 4x4 in sand. Get this right now and the excitement will build and build - safely. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Wrangeld very well described . Makes me to want to join the newbie from time to time especially when come to fossil rock ( did it once as newbie before with whole family and it was fantastic ). 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use