•  
Advertise here

Hot oil sign

Presumably you’ve checked all your fluid levels? If so it’s worth having someone check your thermostat first. I’ve read and heard a lot of JK’s having thermostat problems. 
Here’s a good post to follow: 

https://wranglerjkforum.net/threads/why-is-my-jeep-wrangler-jk-overheating.26152/

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

By Hot Oil, I am presuming you mean the transmission fluid. When was the last time you changed it? Does it have a burnt smell, if so then change it and try driving it over this weekend.

If the oil has been recently changed, have you tried  driving it on tiptronic. Does it still cause the overheating?

I am not sure if your version of Wrangler came in with a separate transmission cooler. But if none of the above is a solution you might have to install as large a fan as possible in front of the tranny cooler. I believe a 12 inch Spal fan would cost you approx AED 250. @Gaurav had recently bought one.

And probably as a last resort have a dedicated transmission cooler.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Totally Agree with @Srikumar

Also I like to know which brand of tires you are running?

At what tire pressure you keep them?

Is this light coming during cross tracks and struggling patch? or during normal desert drive even?

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, Arun Mathew said:

During off roading getting hot oil sign on the dash . Tried putting water and carry on but not helping . I drive 2010 Jeep Wrangler 2010 . Is an extra fan in front of radiator a solution or any suggestion ?

@Jun Zamora had similar issue. May be he can suggest how he sorted this in his Jeep, along with other suggestions given

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 11 months later...

Im driving a 2009 JK and my first drive was same, transmission over heating. I just installed an aux fan on top of the transmission cooler. I even added an additional engine oil cooler. Now everything is fine.

• Like (+1) 1