•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 13 Nov 2020

Frederic

DRIVE REPORT

Solar Park Bliss !

The Solar Park area, less visited by other Offroad clubs, gave us some wonderful scenery in the form of long range dunes, stone formations, gazelles, and one nice big Oryx. I absolutely love this area and it provides a wonderful mix of some long dune formations, big treacherous bowls, and some technical areas where pockets and ditches can easily surprise even expert drivers.

I was really glad to revert back to the verbal briefing, socially distanced, and with masks on of course.

The drive itself went smooth, covering about 47kms and finally exiting at the backside of the ADNOC petrol station. I was blessed with a strong convoy and apart from some refusals and some small shoveling work all did amazing. 

@Jon M was in my second lead, and never hesitated or struggled anywhere. Well done buddy !

@frederic demolder you are really getting comfortable in the Discovery Sport ! Please don't be stressed whenever you have a stuck or refusal, we love doing recoveries, and the convoy loves watching them to learn. This is a team sport and we are all there to help each other.

@Anvar Sadath Bekal well done with the white Pajero, your flag eventually wanted to be layed at rest in the Solar dunes but luckily it will be resuscitated :) 

@Badar Tariq the gold Pajero really has enough power when you push it, but please make sure to keep focussed, as otherwise you might break bumpers or worse the entire car. If you are not sure where the convoy went, please announce on the radio so we can help you out. 

@Melenany makes it all look so easy, and the massive power your truck has in combination with your skills, shows you've come a long way and is a proof that with any 4x4 you can find your way in the desert. 

@Andrei the shiny bright blue Wrangler was sliding his way through the dunes effortlessly. Well done !

@Lukas Lewis is back with the Explorer and the exploration went extremely smooth ! Well done !

@Mohammed Razeen you have the perfect offroader in the FJ Cruiser, and the very few refusals you had were easily resolved by yourself, so that’s  great work !

A massive thumbs up for @Jeepie for supporting her second drive of the day with only little time inbetween both drives to quickly rush home for coffee and a shower. It shows your ultimate passion for off-roading and i am glad  you were there to support me !

PS we have noticed a lot of litter in the desert, and as a club we commit ourselves to not leave anything behind in the desert, so if you ever lose a flag or want to throw something out of the vehicle, please think twice and consider the Marmoom conservatory is made to protect the animals and we should tread lightly in this area and only leave tire-tracks behind.

For the drivers who have done their Absolute Newbie drive AND 5 Newbie drives, and you have a radio, flag, shovel, and compressor and interested to bump up the level a bit, can apply for their promotion to Fewbie by clicking on below link:

apply.JPG

See you guys soon in the sand !

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

13 hours ago, Mohammed Razeen said:

@Frederic  @Jeepie Hi. It was an Amazing drive with you guys. Hope to you catch you up for the next drive again. Thank you everyone. 
@Jon M Thanks for sharing todays trail activities. Can you tell me which application do you use for this? 

Hi @Mohammed Razeen - the app is wikiloc. Free to download and use but really fun to see what we have achieved!

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use