•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 13 Nov 2020

Frederic

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When: 06 Nov 2020, Friday

Meeting time: 2:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/BYd56qA2tCUPTSCy9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn, and your Newbie Level Offroad Gears: Flag, Working Radio, Shovel.

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

Approximate finish time: 6:30 PM

RSVP Guidelines

• Limited to 12 Newbie drivers maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month
  • The person who signs up for the drive will be the one behind the wheel (no car-sharing). Family members or friends that want to use your car should have their own Carnity user ID and should RSVP on the drive.

PLEASE SIGN UP ON CALENDAR BELOW

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Pickey Singh please see below request which is being published in the Whatsapp Notifications:

NEW CHANGE/REQUEST

To prevent all drives getting full on Sunday by multiple RSVP, we would like to request everyone to pick ONE DRIVE initially and then book your second or third drive from Wednesday onward. 

Sun - Tuesday - Limiting one drive per member for the weekend (Friday + Saturday)
Wednesday onward - RSVP on multiple drives

P.S. You can waitlist your name anytime for multiple drives too, like below.
Example: Gaurav - Second drive waitlist.

I have noticed that you are signed into this drive, and the morning drive as well. Please select one of those drives. From Wednesday onwards we will people to signup for a second drive.

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

56 minutes ago, Frederic said:

@Pickey Singh please see below request which is being published in the Whatsapp Notifications:

NEW CHANGE/REQUEST

To prevent all drives getting full on Sunday by multiple RSVP, we would like to request everyone to pick ONE DRIVE initially and then book your second or third drive from Wednesday onward. 

Sun - Tuesday - Limiting one drive per member for the weekend (Friday + Saturday)
Wednesday onward - RSVP on multiple drives

P.S. You can waitlist your name anytime for multiple drives too, like below.
Example: Gaurav - Second drive waitlist.

I have noticed that you are signed into this drive, and the morning drive as well. Please select one of those drives. From Wednesday onwards we will people to signup for a second drive.

Thanks !

Noted my dear, sorry for that. I actually go to the gym daily at 6.30 pm & hence told my daughter for both - either/or.

Unknowingly, she did both & told me when I got home. Precisely, I told her the same thing.

I’m not in for the afternoon one. Apologies for the goof up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi all! Really enjoyed the technical aspects of the last newbie drive with @Frederic so I am already really looking forward to this drive. This will be my 5th drive with Carnity and I would love to advance to Fewbie as soon as possible, is there anything we can do/learn on this drive that might help? Thanks, Jon M

Edited by Jon M
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Jon M said:

Hi all! Really enjoyed the technical aspects of the last newbie drive with @Frederic so I am already really looking forward to this drive. This will be my 5th drive with Carnity and I would love to advance to Fewbie as soon as possible, is there anything we can do/learn on this drive that might help? Thanks, Jon M

Hi @Jon M i am glad to hear you like the technical aspects involved in the drive. As you will notice we try to make every drive a bit different, and every trip lead has his own flavor of doing things. Once you have completed your 5 Newbie level drives you can apply for the online promotion to Fewbie level by clicking below banner:

apply.JPG

Also have a look at the grading structure we have implemented to ensure every member can understand the transparent system we have put in place, and to create a road map.

In short, Newbie level drives will make you feel comfortable in sand driving, while Fewbie level is more focused on a bit higher pace, different dune approaches, and to learn more on self-recovery. Intermediate level drives are again bumping up the level and will involve learning to recover others. From that moment on your cooperation and helping out others in the drives will be essential for further growth and will distinguish you as a "complete" offroader. 

• Like (+1) 3

I have read this over and over almost before each drive and always I realize something new 👍🙏🏻 @Frederic

• Like (+1) 3

@Frederic Hi Frederic,

Please ad me to the waiting list for this drive. I am very keen on the afternoon drive and could not find any other spaces.

I have driven with you before, this will be my 4th drive. - Hope i can join in.

Kind regards, Lukas

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Lukas Lewis said:

@Frederic Hi Frederic,

Please ad me to the waiting list for this drive. I am very keen on the afternoon drive and could not find any other spaces.

I have driven with you before, this will be my 4th drive. - Hope i can join in.

Kind regards, Lukas

Hi @Lukas Lewis good to hear from you again. I have added you to the drive.

• Like (+1) 2

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

Attendees for Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 13 Nov 2020
Friday 13 November, 2020, 02:30 PM - Friday 13 November, 2020 , 06:30 PM
Attendees

1. Frederic - Crew - Pajero SWB (LEAD)
  2. Jon M - Newbie - Montero Sport Black
  3. frederic demolder - Newbie - Discovery Sport White
  4. Anvar Sadath Bekal - Newbie - Pajero
  5. Mostafa Ismail - Newbie - Prado White
  6. Badar Tariq - Newbie - Pajero
  7. Melenany - Fewbie - Ford F150 Green (CF)
  8. Andrei - Newbie - Jeep Wrangler SWB Blue
  9. Lukas Lewis - Newbie - Ford Explorer Maroon
  10. Dr Tariq Mahmood - Newbie - Prado White
  11. Mohammed Razeen - Newbie - FJ Cruiser
  12. Jack Thomas - Newbie - Ford F-150 Red
  13. Jeepie -Expert - Jeep TJ (SWEEP)

If any of you cannot make it tomorrow, please drop us a message on the drive topic so we won't have to wait. When you arrive you can deflate to 13-14psi for normal tyres, and 11-12psi for offroad tyres.

Melenany will be our centre forward to keep an eye out for everyone and assist where needed over the radio, while Jeepie will be our sweep to make sure the convoy is moving and stays together.

PS we will be exiting nearby Last Exit ADNOC, but the compressor is out of service. Please bring your own compressor, otherwise you will need to drive to the ENOC 14kms further down the road.

See you all tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use