•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 13 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

@paolo dassidassi

You signed up for the Absolute newbie drive in Friday. As a fewbie, I am afraid I will have to sign you out of the drive to make space for complete novices.

I understand this will be disappointing but we do have to keep to this rule.

Richard

• Like (+1) 1

@HAZEM.Ali @Ken HüüdmaHüüdma 

Great you signed up for Friday's drive, please can you let us know 

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

You will need to have viewed the introductory videos (links above) before the drive. Please also make sure you have with you a tire deflator and tire guage. You will need these. If you have a offroad flag as well that would he great.

We will end the drive near to a gas station where they have a compressor, however, if you have your own bring it along as it may be quicker than waiting in line. 

Richard

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

@HAZEM.Ali @Ken HüüdmaHüüdma 

Great you signed up for Friday's drive, please can you let us know 

You will need to have viewed the introductory videos (links above) before the drive. Please also make sure you have with you a tire deflator and tire guage. You will need these. If you have a offroad flag as well that would he great.

We will end the drive near to a gas station where they have a compressor, however, if you have your own bring it along as it may be quicker than waiting in line. 

Richard

Good morning,

• Nissan Patrol, 2012 
    • No previous experience
    • I confirm the car has front & rear tow hooks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Absolute Newbies, 

@ALI ALMOUMAR @Irshad Alam @varunmehndiratta @Explored Dubai @Vrinda Muttiyil @Arman @Hisham Masaad @HAZEM.Ali @Ken Hüüdma

I just added the following to the drive announcement for the drive on Friday. 

WE STRONGLY ADVISE THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN COMPRESSOR ON THIS DRIVE. A COMPRESSOR IS AVIALABLE AT THE END POINT OF THE DRIVE AT THE ADNOC BUT IS SLOW AND UNRELIABLE. THE NEAREST EFFICIENT COMPRESSOR AT A GAS STATION IS 17 KM AWAY FROM OUR END POINT. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. IF YOU INTEND DRIVING REGULARLY IN THE DESERT A COMPRESSOR IS AN ESSENTIAL PIECE OF EQUIPMENT.  

ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

The point is, a compressor is not compulsory, but will save you a lot of time at the finish point after the drive. 

It is your choice if you invest in a compressor; after all you do not know yet if you will fall in love with 4x4 in the desert. 

Any questions, please let me know

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Wrangeld

A friend of mine with a 4 door F150 is looking join in on friday but isn't sure he can take his car out to the desert, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Arman said:

Hi @Wrangeld

A friend of mine with a 4 door F150 is looking join in on friday but isn't sure he can take his car out to the desert, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance. 

A very much capable car. We have quite a few F150s in our group. He needs to just ensure that he has tow points (and not tow balls) at the front and back of his truck.

Ask him to sign up join the club and sign up for the drive.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Dear Absolute Newbies, 

@ALI ALMOUMAR @Irshad Alam @varunmehndiratta @Explored Dubai @Vrinda Muttiyil @Arman @Hisham Masaad @HAZEM.Ali @Ken Hüüdma

I just added the following to the drive announcement for the drive on Friday. 

WE STRONGLY ADVISE THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN COMPRESSOR ON THIS DRIVE. A COMPRESSOR IS AVIALABLE AT THE END POINT OF THE DRIVE AT THE ADNOC BUT IS SLOW AND UNRELIABLE. THE NEAREST EFFICIENT COMPRESSOR AT A GAS STATION IS 17 KM AWAY FROM OUR END POINT. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. IF YOU INTEND DRIVING REGULARLY IN THE DESERT A COMPRESSOR IS AN ESSENTIAL PIECE OF EQUIPMENT.  

ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

The point is, a compressor is not compulsory, but will save you a lot of time at the finish point after the drive. 

It is your choice if you invest in a compressor; after all you do not know yet if you will fall in love with 4x4 in the desert. 

Any questions, please let me know

Thanks Richard for the update

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Srikumar said:

A very much capable car. We have quite a few F150s in our group. He needs to just ensure that he has tow points (and not tow balls) at the front and back of his truck.

Ask him to sign up join the club and sign up for the drive.

Oh sweet, thanks! :D

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/10/2020 at 5:23 PM, Wrangeld said:

@paolo dassidassi

You signed up for the Absolute newbie drive in Friday. As a fewbie, I am afraid I will have to sign you out of the drive to make space for complete novices.

I understand this will be disappointing but we do have to keep to this rule.

Richard

Hi Richard, no problems, I was not aware of this rule (did not read it carefully enough!). I signed to this as others were full and it's been some months I am not driving on sand. Anyway, enjoy the drive tomorrow and see you next time!

Edited by paolo dassi
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use