•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 13 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

9 hours ago, Arman said:

Thanks a bunch @Wrangeld @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Frederic

Felt great to be able to just drive and not have to worry about negotiating a price with a towing service in the middle of a sand dune.

I like how Richard turns back when there's a longer wait and chats people up, makes it a really friendly experience and thanks Lorenzo for keeping an eye out for me! :D

Already looking up replacement bits for the instrument cluster cowl but for now duck tape will have to do.

On a side note, I've got a friend asking if he could sign up for a morning absolute newbie drive and then an afternoon newbie drive on the same day at once, assuming that completing the former qualifies him for the latter.

Hi @Arman yes that’s perfectly possible as long as he is aware that doing two drives on a day can be a bit tiring especially if you have no prior experience.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Dear Fred,Richard and the newbies team thanks for a wonderful and adventurous Friday morning of my whole life.

one week before I could have never imagined I could drive in those sands and dunes although I dreamed always.

From the  first moment when I arrived I stuck at the meeting point ...Richard kickstart the lesson of deflating tyre and tricks  and from then onward series of refusal and rescuing by Fred but all with  learning and learning ...enjoying.

It was scary when one wheel in the air and one completely sunk in the sand on the top of dunes that time it was like Ok now my adventurous day will be end(might be car also) but such a determined,sincere ,experienced guidance and practcial support by Fred made is easier .

I really enjoyed every moment from the joining the club till the end .

Everything was made easier for an adventurous trip!

Thanks to all.

See u soon.

Irshad.

20201113_091322.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Arman just to add to the tiredness of a morning and afternoon drive in one day, being a community who cares about one another we practice 1 drive at least for all joining members. Morning your friend will most definitely join the Absolte newbie drive, but he can waitlist himself for the afternoon newbie and if by Wednesday the drive is not full he can be included for the afternoon drive as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

6 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Arman just to add to the tiredness of a morning and afternoon drive in one day, being a community who cares about one another we practice 1 drive at least for all joining members. Morning your friend will most definitely join the Absolte newbie drive, but he can waitlist himself for the afternoon newbie and if by Wednesday the drive is not full he can be included for the afternoon drive as well.

Sounds reasonable, i'll let him know :D thank you :)

• Like (+1) 2

@ALI ALMOUMAR @Irshad Alam @varunmehndiratta @Explored Dubai @Vrinda Muttiyil @Hisham Masaad @HAZEM.Ali @Ken Hüüdma @Wrangeld @Frederic @Lorenzo Candelpergher

Hi guys,

Go to this link to take a look at the images my co-pilot found worthy of eyes, unfortunately the thumbnails don't work so you'll have to download them all to take a look. CLICK HERE :D 

Since we were up front there may not be many image of those who drove behind Ken in which case i am sorry and hope that maybe my next photographer co-pilot who insists on joining will catch you ;) 

Btw if you guys wanna see any more of his stuff on instagram he's over at @Johnseye.dubai 

Hope i didn't miss anyone.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

What a Friday  Morning it was!!! 

Upto that day I was undermining my Machine Pajero 3.5,. I was under an impression that only Petrol, Land Cruiser, FJ are the cars for desert drive, because whenever I tried to drive in desert, my car wheels are always taking bath in the sand. 

@Wrangeld, @Frederic, @Lorenzo Candelpergher you guys made my day. @Lorenzo Candelpergherand @Fredericyou were always there to get me out of sand either by self recovery or by Towing. Special thanks to @Lorenzo Candelpergher for towing me two times. Hope one day I will be competent enough to recover someone like me. 

You guys have organised the drive very well. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

40 minutes ago, Arman said:

@ALI ALMOUMAR @Irshad Alam @varunmehndiratta @Explored Dubai @Vrinda Muttiyil @Hisham Masaad @HAZEM.Ali @Ken Hüüdma @Wrangeld @Frederic @Lorenzo Candelpergher

Hi guys,

Go to this link to take a look at the images my co-pilot found worthy of eyes, unfortunately the thumbnails don't work so you'll have to download them all to take a look. CLICK HERE :D 

Since we were up front there may not be many image of those who drove behind Ken in which case i am sorry and hope that maybe my next photographer co-pilot who insists on joining will catch you ;) 

Btw if you guys wanna see any more of his stuff on instagram he's over at @Johnseye.dubai 

Hope i didn't miss anyone.

Amazing pics. Thanks buddy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hello @Wrangeld, you were amazing. Made my first off road experience enjoyable but more so informative. Ive had a prior experience but you and the team are hands down the best and the reason i and my screaming shortgun will be joining carnity in the coming weeks. 

Thank you  @Lorenzo Candelpergher for giving me the knowhow on how to deflate my tyres which before for a newbie like me was a task in itself. You were there to welcome me as soon as i reached the meeting point and gave me a warm first impression of carnity. 

Thank you @Frederic for the titbits of valuable information you passed through out and with some good funny banter all along the trip ro make this so so pleasant.

thank you Arman and you co-pilot of the awesome pics and to all the rest @ALI ALMOUMAR @Irshad Alam @varunmehndiratta @Explored Dubai @Vrinda Muttiyil @Hisham Masaad @HAZEM.Ali @Ken Hüüdma  ... happy to have shared this desert drive with you.

Hope to see you all on the next ... Cheers

PS: @Wrangeld my partner in crime would like to thank you for the motivation and she assures me that when she'll drive next .. im the one who is going the be the one screaming like a girl in the shortgun seat :)

Edited by Derek Fernandes
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

20 minutes ago, Derek Fernandes said:

Hello @Wrangeld, you were amazing. Made my first off road experience enjoyable but more so informative. Ive had a prior experience but you and the team are hands down the best and the reason i and my screaming shortgun will be joining carnity in the coming weeks. 

Thank you  @Lorenzo Candelpergher for giving me the knowhow on how to deflate my tyres which before for a newbie like me was a task in itself. You were there to welcome me as soon as i reached the meeting point and gave me a warm first impression of carnity. 

Thank you @Frederic for the titbits of valuable information you passed through out and with some good funny banter all along the trip ro make this so so pleasant.

thank you Arman and you co-pilot of the awesome pics and to all the rest @ALI ALMOUMAR @Irshad Alam @varunmehndiratta @Explored Dubai @Vrinda Muttiyil @Hisham Masaad @HAZEM.Ali @Ken Hüüdma  ... happy to have shared this desert drive with you.

Hope to see you all on the next ... Cheers

PS: @Wrangeld my partner in crime would like to thank you for the motivation and she assures me that when she'll drive next .. im the one who is going the be the one screaming like a girl in the shortgun seat :)

@Derek Fernandes this type of feedback is exactly why the seniors volunteer their time every weekend to give drivers the opportunity to get the off roading bug. 

We really enjoyed having you on the drive as well and we all look forward to hearing either of you screaming from the passenger seat very soon in the future. Keep an eye out on the site for the upcoming drives. When they are opened up on Sunday night, they really fill quickly, so we really advise checking out the list in advance and makign sure you are ready. 

If @Gaurav has not yet added you to the Canity Drives whatsApp group, that needs to be sorted out ASAP!

See you soon in the sand.  

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use