•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - FJ Preferential: Murqaab to Bab al Shams - Dubai - 14 Nov 2020

Ale Vallecchi

Thanks a lot @Ale Vallecchi! Great write-up; I felt like I was reading an action-packed movie trailer 😀

I also think it’s a great idea to get FJ Cruiser owners together for learning and advice. I’m so ignorant of my car, that I didn’t find out how to turn off traction control until my third drive with Carnity, and only after a fellow FJ owner showed me how to do it (I kept on wondering why I kept on getting stuck)😂

• Like (+1) 2

@Ahab Shamaa rmthis is a community and it's all about caring and sharing. Fortunately I see a lot of posts from the Xterra owners which means everything discovered so far with the Xterra are recorded. However very sad to see that FJ owners don't share such information and any new FJ owner joining has to go through a few tough drive before they figure out how to use all the functions on an FJ. Hope we will have a lot to read and learn about FJs after this drive.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks @Rahimdad! Your post clarifies things 😀 Now that you brought this issue to light, I hope the FJ owners will take a queue from their X-Terra brethren 😀

From my side, I promise to share anytime I have something meaningful to contribute to the group 💪🏻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 11/12/2020 at 10:54 AM, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Please this is ashok chaturvedi can you kindly wait list me.. thanks

Hello @Ashok chaturvedi. The drive is full and closed at the moment. You'll be #1 in the WL. Thanks

21 minutes ago, Sreenath Giridharan said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi I would like to join tomorrow morning drive  

Hello @Sreenath Giridharan. You are currently #2 on the WL. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts.

Time to prepare for tomorrow's morning drive. This time, we'll start in a very little driven area of Dubai, and will gradually move toward the better known stomping grounds. From the yellow dunes of Murqaab, we'll cross into the white dunes of Lisaili, with the goal of reaching first Solar Park, and on to an exit in the Qudra area (either at Bab al Shams or Qudra Parking). We'll drive with care through the more technical parts of these areas, but also with speed and more exciting maneuvers in the longer range dunes we'll find from the middle of the itinerary onward. The drive is supposed to be quite long-range, so we'll try to move at a brisk pace, looking to practice all our off-roading skills.

As mentioned, one of the purposes of the drive is to support the FJ Cruiser's drivers in getting more acquainted with their cars, so there may be a few extra information that will be shared with them, in terms of which gears to use, how to best approach obstacles, and what to expect from this unique vehicle.

These will be the convoy order:

@Foxtrot Oscar will be my Second Lead

@Mohamed Abo ElKomsan will drive in the #3 position

@Arda Yagcioglu will take #4

@Abu Muhammad will be #5

@Ahab Shamaa will take the spot #6

@Piotr Kolodziej at #7

@Pancho will anchor the convoy in the middle

@Tero Vallas is going to be #9

@David Ortells will have #10

@Karthik Krishnakumar will drive at #11

@Heisem takes spot #12

@Kailas will be driver #13, and 

@Najeeb Mohammed will return in the Sweep position.

The meeting place will be just opposite Murqaab Mosque,  where we can line up and start deflating as soon as we arrive (to about 12-13 PSI). Once at the deflation point, please tune into Carnity Channel #2 (446.031).

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, I wish you a nice Wednesday evening.

•  
  • Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @Ashok chaturvedi. The drive is full and closed at the moment. You'll be #1 in the WL. Thanks

Hello @Sreenath Giridharan. You are currently #2 on the WL. Thanks

Any news on WL thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use