•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Pink Rock to Big Red - Sharjah - 20 Nov 2020

Chaitanya D

@David Ortells added you to the drive, See you on Friday morning.

@Piotr Kolodziej, I am afraid after checking the drive data you have not completed 5 Fewbie drives yet which is a prerequisite for this drive. Hence you are not eligible for this drive, sorry I was unable to check earlier as I was a bit busy at work.

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

@David Ortells you have waitlisted for two drives at same time ( one with me and another with @Foxtrot Oscar ) and both RSVP are added. Can you confirm which one you will be joining ?

• Like (+1) 1

Drive RSVP is closed

Below is convoy numbering

Position

Name

Car

Level

Chaitanya

Black Xterra

Exp

2nd lead

Janarthan

Silver Xterra

IM

Ali Abbas Ali

white 4runner

FB+

Abu Muhammad

White Sequendra

FB+

Anand Natraj

Red Xterra

FB+

Tariq Carimjee

Grey Wrangler

FB+

7CF

Kailas

Red Wrangler

IM

David Ortells

Grey FJC

FB+

Rizwanm2

White Xterra

FB+

Shaaz Sha

Grey Wrangler

FB+

Rajeevan Vickneshwaran

Blue Wrangler

FB+

12Sweep

Luca Palanca Falsini

White Fortuner

IM

Please arrive in time or a few min early so that we can start driving on time and enjoy as much time on sand rather than waiting for someone .

We will be using Chanel 1 ( 446.00625) for Radio Coms.

See you all tomorrow

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Hi all, thanks a lot for a superb drive and had a lot of fun driving with all of you. It was my second drive with @Chaitanya D and it was as good as the first drive , and the choice of terrains , sideys and dunes crossing were excellent. Though we didn't have any stucks and very few refusals @Kailas did very well as our CF. it was unfortunate to see @Ali Abas Ali leaving early and hope he is feeling better now and hope to catch up next week buddy. @Abu Muhammad, @Tariq Carrimjeeand @Rizwanm2 were really good and @Luca Palanca Falsiniplayed his sweeper role perfectly. All others in the convoy were great and we had enough time to enjoy the nature . Thank you all for a memorable experience. Take care and keep safe and cool

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Drive Report:

Thank you everyone for joining this drive on a cool Friday morning. All arrived on time and following the relaxation of COVID restrictions , we had a briefing outside our cars maintaining distance with masks on. There were some of you with whom I was driving for the first time , but with proper advise on how you all drive from the senior members in Carnity ( Thank you seniors)

We started off without our convoy numbering so that we could get inside as there were lot of cars from another club gathered at the same starting point as ours. Once the numbering was done and we started driving it was a fantastic time for me and you all. We started on a very relaxed note, doing sideys and small ridge crossings which was perfectly done by every one. We drove quite a bit in the area between Tawi Nazwa and Pink rock which nicely warmed you all up on a cooler day. 

Once near the pink rock, as it is always seen nowadays that the off-road season has kicked off the sand was super soft with multiple tracks heading up the pink rock. Hence I felt it was better to loop around and try some route which was cleaner, but as this area is literally circled by many there were many cross tracks making our ride bumpy. As we drove around pink rock we started to pick pace, and head towards Big Red area. 

Heading towards big red bumped up the drive , as we needed to push our cars further to get in and out of the multiple bowls to reach Big Red. I have to say you all drove beautifully maintaining perfect speed, momentum, approach and technique to cross the terrain which was getting more and more difficult as we got closer to Big Red. We did reach Big Red in Quick time and had a nice play time where all tried multiple steep climbs and larger loops. 

With so much time left , I was of the opinion it was best to ask you all if you would like to play more in Big Red or drive more and head back to 2nd Dec Cafeteria. I would say it was a sweep that all of you agreed to head towards 2nd Dec Cafeteria, which was nice to see. As you all progress you will realize that the small dunes are the more difficult and tricky - technical to say it aptly, where you need more finesse to drive through them. Hence we drove into a slightly technical terrain and again you all did wonderfully well. 

We made it in good time heading back to 2nd Dec Cafeteria , only here we had our few incidents which need to be sorted- the usual refusals (2 or 3, well managed by self recovery and some crests giving the intermediates on the drive some practice on tugging safely). We stopped exactly at 2nd Dec, inflated and headed back home happy! To summarize we drove from Tawi Nazwa to Pink Rock to Big Red and finally to 2nd Dec.

@Janarthan did a perfect 2nd lead rerouting/ retracking whenever he saw me struggling. Fantastic work Jana!

@Ali Abas Ali well driven buddy all the way to Big Red. I hope you are fine now  after exiting out early at your request. Take care and see you soon next time.

@Abu Muhammad was the driver of the day for me. Driving a massive car like your needs lots of concentration and proper technique which you did very well.Fantastic to see you self recover from your refusals.

@Anand Nataraj did well managing the tricky terrain and the softer bowls. Perfectly exiting out as soon as it was time when you were losing momentum. Well driven!

@Tariq Carrimjee with his new desert toy was enjoying himself in the open top jeep which is an offroaders dream I would say in this weather. 

@Kailas did the job of center forward to perfection, assisting in refusals , tugging safely and perfectly coordinating when there was a radio coms loss owing to the dunes. Thank you for your assistance.

@Rizwanm2 drove well in his X. Some minor refusals which were well managed, exiting perfectly and hardly heard on the radio which is a testament to how well you were driving.

@Shaaz Sha drove well towards the back of the convoy. Really like your positive energy and always smiling in any situation , which of course were not many on this drive. 

@Rajeevan Vickneswaran was seen enjoying as much as everyone did, if not more. Pushing your car towards the rear of convoy on churned tracks ,managed perfectly. Well driven!

@Luca Palanca Falsini was sweeping and coordinating on the convoy movement to perfection. Thanks for some lovely pictures , and thanks for your fantastic support.

Please upload pictures in gallery.If you feel you have completed the required number of drives and ready for the next level , you can apply for your promotion on the Carnity website.

To share some stats with you

Total time 3hrs 32min

Stopping time 23 min

Ave Speed 17.4 Kmph

Total distance covered 61.6 Km

Enjoy your week after an energizing weekend, see you next week. 

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use