•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 20 Nov 2020

Ale Vallecchi

7 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Shehab Alawadhi. Thanks for your enthusiastic reply. We occasionally plan trip which include camping. Stay tuned. All trips are announced and published on WhatsApp's Carnity Drive Notification group, from which you'll receive messages from now on.

See you on Friday.

@Ale Vallecchi You're welcome, I'm always enthusiastic when it comes to off roading/camping. 

See you Friday Inshallah!

Edited by Shehab Alawadhi
  • Like (+1) 2

Hi All...FINALLY!...I just about managed to navigate joining the club, pressing "going", and now being able to post...I hope off-roading is easier. I am an avid biker, and this is the first time I am going to venture off-road under proper guidance. I have a 2 door Jeep, and my wife said I can only keep it as our son is on his way (we need a 4 door now!) if I get off-road. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday morning. Can I get all my bits & pieces from ACE? Regards Ali.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ali Zaidi said:

Hi All...FINALLY!...I just about managed to navigate joining the club, pressing "going", and now being able to post...I hope off-roading is easier. I am an avid biker, and this is the first time I am going to venture off-road under proper guidance. I have a 2 door Jeep, and my wife said I can only keep it as our son is on his way (we need a 4 door now!) if I get off-road. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday morning. Can I get all my bits & pieces from ACE? Regards Ali.

Dear @Ali Zaidi, first of all thank you for joining Carnity and this drive. We'll make sure you can keep your beloved 2-door car 😉. You will be able to find all recommended items and tools either at Dragon Mart or at most ACE and Speedex stores. Surely the most useful tool at this level will be a proper shovel (see the explanations on this site), a flag (this is required for your own safety during the drive), followed immediately after by a good compressor (may be needed from your next trip onward). For everything else we can discuss during and after Friday's drive.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @belal hadi thanks a lot for joining this drive. However, as I have noticed that you have already done a few Newbie drives, I'll have to cancel your name from this convoy of Absolute Newbies. Given your current rank, kindly put your name in any other Newbie drive of your choice, or on its Wait List, so that a Marshal may add you. I hope to see you soon in one of my drives, and thanks for understanding.

• Like (+1) 2

Tha ks Frederic, 

Pajero 2017 4 door, 3.5l platinum

I did some drives in the desert already

Towing points are in great condition. 

Howewer I don't have deflator and pressure gauge yet, as I didn't decide yet which one to buy,so I have hoped you guys would help me on this one along with air compressor. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Ali Zaidi, first of all thank you for joining Carnity and this drive. We'll make sure you can keep your beloved 2-door car 😉. You will be able to find all recommended items and tools either at Dragon Mart or at most ACE and Speedex stores. Surely the most useful tool at this level will be a proper shovel (see the explanations on this site), a flag (this is required for your own safety during the drive), followed immediately after by a good compressor (may be needed from your next trip onward). For everything else we can discuss during and after Friday's drive.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Thanks so much - I look forward to saving my Jeep!. Can I please confirm what is required tomorrow :

- shovel

- flag

- and maybe compressor

Do we need anything else? What about walkie-talkie?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ali Zaidi said:

Thanks so much - I look forward to saving my Jeep!. Can I please confirm what is required tomorrow :

- shovel

- flag

- and maybe compressor

Do we need anything else? What about walkie-talkie?

Hello @Ali Zaidi, thanks for the update. The radio is of course recommended (although we'll have some extras). Due to Covid rules, we are encouraging all drivers to have their own devices, and discouraging members from exchanging them. You may buy the radios at Dragon Mart (you can find a thread on this topic on the site: 

See you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Michael Gazi said:

Tha ks Frederic, 

Pajero 2017 4 door, 3.5l platinum

I did some drives in the desert already

Towing points are in great condition. 

Howewer I don't have deflator and pressure gauge yet, as I didn't decide yet which one to buy,so I have hoped you guys would help me on this one along with air compressor. 

Hello @Michael Gazi. You can find tips on tire deflators here:

I suggest you buy the cheapest and most functional one: 517SwHIUuTL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Please, make sure you'll also buy a pressure gauge, at any ACE, Speedex, or other Off-Roading store.

See you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @belal hadi thanks a lot for joining this drive. However, as I have noticed that you have already done a few Newbie drives, I'll have to cancel your name from this convoy of Absolute Newbies. Given your current rank, kindly put your name in any other Newbie drive of your choice, or on its Wait List, so that a Marshal may add you. I hope to see you soon in one of my drives, and thanks for understanding.

Dear @belal hadi, please confirm that you have received my message, so that you can find a Newbie drive to join, and most of all that I do not make you waste your time by joining this Absolute Newbie drive tomorrow. The level of this drive will not suite your current status. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi..Dear Carnity team,

I joined as a member to be in a warrior team off road drive this club is new for me and I m a beginner for off-road, My car is Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5  2015.

Its available…

1. 4x4 with tow hook front & back (comes with company fitted)

2. Tire pressure gauge

3. Tire deflator

4. Air compressor

Please advise on the below…  

1. Is there any other item need to fix in car before ride.

2. Any modification work required.

3. Is it possible to get/fix off-road flag from your side ?

4. What type of safety equipment’s do I need to carry.

5. Do I need to bring tow belt or chain (capacity ?)  

Thanks & Regards…

Edited by Danish Mohammad
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use