•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 20 Nov 2020

Ale Vallecchi

Hey @Ale Vallecchi if you don't mind, I didn't have time to get a walkie talkie. So I would appreciate it if you able to lend me one for the first drive tomrow. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @belal hadi, please confirm that you have received my message, so that you can find a Newbie drive to join, and most of all that I do not make you waste your time by joining this Absolute Newbie drive tomorrow. The level of this drive will not suite your current status. 

@belal hadi you can still join my afternoon Newbie drive (if you are fast) that has one space left.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

18 minutes ago, Aus Alzubaidi said:

Hey @Ale Vallecchi if you don't mind, I didn't have time to get a walkie talkie. So I would appreciate it if you able to lend me one for the first drive tomrow. Thanks 

Hello @Aus Alzubaidi. We will provide a radio. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good evening all, sorry to contribute to the problems, but although I tried to organise a pole flag I was not able to get one. I ordered one from Amazon and it should be delivered by next week. So at the moment I do not have a flag. 

is this an unsolvable issue, or can I join without one?

• Like (+1) 1

Good day all,

just joined and really looking forward to the drive tomorrow - will be en famille and make this into a nice outing.

Also, as this was an impromptu decision just now, we might be short of a radio, deflator and pole - i hope this wont be terminal...

As we are total newbies, pls let me know anything that i must (!) know!

Also: we're in a 2005 Land Rover Defender Td5.
cheers!

Edited by patrick noack
needed to update info
  • Like (+1) 2

Dear desert loving friends.

Let's get ready for tomorrow first drive with Carnity.  

To start with the right foot, please make sure all of you have watched the video briefing, and read the Covid's warnings and rules, linked to the drive's post. You will be asked again tomorrow if you have done as requested, and in case you hadn't, you will be asked to do it before you are allowed to join the drive.

Secondly, make sure your car is equipped with the minimum requirements, also indicated in the drive's post. The most important of which, is the presence of tow points (either hooks or eyelets) both at the front and back of your cars. Lacking these, we will be forced to send you back, as the tow points are essential in recovering your car, in case the need arises.

With these things having been taken care of, you'll be all set to start your off-roading experience with Carnity. One of our goals, and something we are proud of, is the desire to show you all different aspects of the UAE's deserts, always searching for new locations to visit. This drive will be conducted in one of such locations: the Bab al Shams sector of the Qudra basin (which is part of the Al Marmoon Conservation area). While most clubs focus their drives in the area closest to Al Qudra Parking, and the Qudra Lakes, we have chosen to drive a less visited area, to the south-west of the much used (and abused) entry point. We hope you'll appreciate the effort we make to offer you a different and less crowded desert experience. 

This area is also ideal for a first, Absolute Newbie, drive: it's characterized mostly by long range and relatively low dunes, with very few, far apart areas of tighter, more challenging, dunes. Here you can safely start learning how to conduct your car on a sand surface, the first notions of how dunes are "made", the basics of straight crossing them, and basic skills on how to ride slopes. The most important take-aways from this introductory drive should be; 1) NOT fighting gravity, and 2) building and using momentum, while driving on sand.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you - @Niki Patel, @Shehab Alawadhi, @Mike Kraher, @Umar Kamal, @Aus Alzubaidi, @Ali Zaidi, @Santhosh kumar Rajasekaran, @Jose Tity, @Michael Gazi, @Danish Mohammad, @Sreenath Giridharan and @patrick noack - tomorrow morning at 6:00AM sharp. I will be waiting for you just past the bike track, as soon as you'll have turned off the tarmac road (follow the Google Maps's directions to the meeting point). Those of you who already have a radio, please make sure to tune it into Channel 1 (446.006), as soon as you reach the meeting point. Also, make sure you'll have refueled at the ADNOC's gas station at Qudra's Last Exit location. 

See you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Mike Kraher said:

Good evening all, sorry to contribute to the problems, but although I tried to organise a pole flag I was not able to get one. I ordered one from Amazon and it should be delivered by next week. So at the moment I do not have a flag. 

is this an unsolvable issue, or can I join without one?

For this Absolute Newbie drive its fine, but get them before the next drive as on Newbie drive: Radio, Shovel, Flag and Emergency kit is must.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, patrick noack said:

Good day all,

just joined and really looking forward to the drive tomorrow - will be en famille and make this into a nice outing.

Also, as this was an impromptu decision just now, we might be short of a radio, deflator and pole - i hope this wont be terminal...

As we are total newbies, pls let me know anything that i must (!) know!

Also: we're in a 2005 Land Rover Defender Td5.
cheers!

Just bring the tire deflator and a gauge, rest all can wait till next drive.

Newbie drive: Radio, Shovel, Flag and Emergency kit is must.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use