•  

COVID 19 compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert drive - Bab Al Shams - 20 Nov 2020

Foxtrot Oscar

13 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

A big thank you and a hearty welcome to this Friday’s Fewbie Level drive in Bab Al Shams, where the sand is so bright you gotta wear shades.  Here’s a little amuse de bouche to wet your appetite.

The meeting point is adjacent to the cycle track, if you move further along you will see a wide open space where we can deflate and ready ourselves for our adventure.

We will follow a track for a very short while, which will lead us to  the sparkling sands and wide open dunes of Bab Al Shams . The aim is to play amongst these dunes, slowly zig zagging our way to Solar Park where we can safely inflate.

If the opportunity presents itself, then we can practice some ridge riding and perhaps criss-crossing. We may also encounter some small patches of technical dunes However, that is entirely dependent on you and how well everyone is driving/feeling.  We like to cater for all tastes at Carnity therefore driver feedback will help shape the route, but only if your maître d' is in good humour. 😉

The convoy numbering is as follows:

1. Angela (aka @Foxtrot Oscar) Lead

2. @Nacho 2nd Lead
3. @Mohamed Abo ElKomsan
4. @Ashok chaturvedi
5. @David Ortells
6. @Ranjan Das
7. @Mahmoud Asar
8. @Hennie Schoeman
9. @SureshVNair
10. @Archibald Jurdi
11. @Ashok chaturvedi

12.  @Rahimdad accompanied by @Desert Dweller will sweep up any crumbs we may drop.

See you all on Friday, bright eyed and bushy tailed :) 

Hi @Foxtrot Oscar

It seems I am missed from the final convoy list even though I have RSVPd the event. Could you please check. 

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Vineeth John Joseph said:

Hi @Foxtrot Oscar

It seems I am missed from the final convoy list even though I have RSVPd the event. Could you please check. 

Thanks

Doh! Sorry @Vineeth John Joseph, you are on my planning sheet, I just forgot to add you here. I have rectified it now.

• Like (+1) 1

For a couple of hrs i pull out of the drive , because of job related request , i know that sounds crazy but my Roster changes in hourly bases at the moment , as of now , I will be attending tomorrow morning , if it’s ok with you .

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, David Ortells said:

For a couple of hrs i pull out of the drive , because of job related request , i know that sounds crazy but my Roster changes in hourly bases at the moment , as of now , I will be attending tomorrow morning , if it’s ok with you .

Thanks for letting me know

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/18/2020 at 8:03 PM, Foxtrot Oscar said:

A big thank you and a hearty welcome to this Friday’s Fewbie Level drive in Bab Al Shams, where the sand is so bright you gotta wear shades.  Here’s a little amuse de bouche to wet your appetite.

The meeting point is adjacent to the cycle track, if you move further along you will see a wide open space where we can deflate and ready ourselves for our adventure.

We will follow a track for a very short while, which will lead us to  the sparkling sands and wide open dunes of Bab Al Shams . The aim is to play amongst these dunes, slowly zig zagging our way to Solar Park where we can safely inflate.

If the opportunity presents itself, then we can practice some ridge riding and perhaps criss-crossing. We may also encounter some small patches of technical dunes However, that is entirely dependent on you and how well everyone is driving/feeling.  We like to cater for all tastes at Carnity therefore driver feedback will help shape the route, but only if your maître d' is in good humour. 😉

The convoy numbering is as follows:

1. Angela (aka @Foxtrot Oscar) Lead

2. @Nacho 2nd Lead
3. @Mohamed Abo ElKomsan
4. @Ashok chaturvedi
5. @Ranjan Das
6. @Mahmoud Asar
7. @Hennie Schoeman
8. @SureshVNair
@Archibald Jurdi
10. @Ashok chaturvedi

11. @Vineeth John Joseph
 12.  @Rahimdad accompanied by @Desert Dweller will sweep up any crumbs we may drop.

We will be using Radio Channel 2

See you all on Friday, bright eyed and bushy tailed :) 

Apologies guys, I won't be able to attend for urgent updates. Sorry for the late decision.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

The drive ended with a huge smile on my face which even grew wider getting to see all the convoys in the area finish and drive past us as we inflated our tires to get back on the road. My smile widened as I got to meet @Ahab Shamaa who made me feel 4 years younger. @Ale Vallecchi who just finished his first Absolute Newbie, @Wrangeld and @Lorenzo Candelpergher who were inflating after their drive were all there with smiles and felt like an absolute moment

Dear @Rahimdad 

In addition that Alqudra is one of my favorite places family wise , also other reason that it’s not quite uncommon to see the other convoys ending up inflating as finish point adding up a reason for me and most of us to meet and chat behind our masks , Bless you and all the good people whom I know in person and also for those who’ve I wish to meet and know .

cheers 🙏🏻🚙🌷

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use